The Bridges Of Pensatucky County

med_gallery_13401_5144_550367.jpg

So I was complaining about something or other via text message to Burns last night and he replies: "Shut up and head north" So I put the sangria down so that I had any hope of arising at a decent hour. I did get up and I rode north to the dreaded Yankey state of Pensatucky.

Stopped at passport control at the Mason-Dixon line-

WP_20140622_001_zps7a29447a.jpg

Got to Sean Burns' house and had a cuppa while he leathered up-

WP_20140622_002_zps3f3a5e1a.jpg

A quick zip over to Jimmy Man's estate and the old riding crew was together again. We headed even farther north up to some pretty big mountains. The riding was fairly relaxed but the scenery and company was extra groovy. There were some forest parts of our loop that really reminded me of the Eifel/Ardennes mountains in Germany. Lots of scary dudes in dubious pick up tucks, but hey, they prolly said that about me when I drove my F250 to TMac. We ended up at one of the "Bridges of Madison Pensatucky County" and observed some wildlife-

WP_20140622_007_zps5c67e67b.jpg

Then we saw what a great photo-op we had, and the paparazzi came out (otherwise known as a coupla donkeys)-

WP_20140622_016_zpsebd00499.jpg

I will submit this beauty as a calendar shot next year-

WP_20140622_013_zpsd17d30d8.jpg

Did youall notice the lack of rust on my chain, you cruel and blunt people?. Then we explored the covered bridge. Apparently, the local hicks knew I was on my way because I was greeted with my personal slogan...."Timmy is gay"-

WP_20140622_022_zpsc74fe241.jpg

The same clever hick-yankeys must also know where I work, because there was support for the law enforcement set as well-

WP_20140622_026_zps73aa1537.jpg

Not so many nice words for Tiff though, bless her heart-

WP_20140622_025_zps5f7e66e0.jpg

After Burns would not stop laughing at my persistant question "When was this thing built", we left-

WP_20140622_006_zps26b5e826.jpg

So I had a perfect 375 mile Sunday with my riding companions. The moral of this story, is : Ride. Find somewhere to go, find yer buddies to go with you. When in doubt go anyway, put yer visor down and head in any direction. The folks on VFRD are too good to only see once a year, and our bikes are too good to sit in the driveway. That and Tiff is a big slut.

Good stuff boys! I too went for a ride - met Grond1234 for breakfast - I went to the Icehouse and ran into RDguy there as well. Go and Ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

WTH ?

yes.....and WITHOUT sangria

What is the world coming to?!

• Member Contributer

WTH ?

yes.....and WITHOUT sangria

What is the world coming to?!

Tiff perhaps?!?

• Member Contributer

That video is from our Bedford ride? She has since stopped yelling at me, btw...

Thank goodness Timmy brought the death trap... Lots of rust on my riding skills - first ride for the year = June 22nd. Earned my VFRD moniker on Sunday.

Missed you donkeys.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Timmy laying on the ground was not taking pics, he was playing with his cig lighter?

Too bad about the bridge.

Like Cogswell said: :sad2:

Archived