It's Time For New Tires!

adg44

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

^^^ Wow!

Just ordered a set of Pilot Road 2's from motorcyclesuperstore.com

Hope these will be a upgrade to my half worn Contimotions.

PRB

I love my PR2s. And they are cheaper that the PR3s and 4s.

How about the mileage difference between the PR2s and PR3s?

I believe I get around 10,000 mi from PR2's. Have not tried the threes. I'm not a knee dragger. But I do kill deers.

• Member Contributer

I put Angel GT's on my 98 VFR and I am really impressed especially two up as the tyre has a stronger side wall which doesnt distort when leaned right over.

They are great in the wet, on poorly maintained Australian country roads and gives me more confidence in the front end unlike my Dunlops which scared the hell out of me.

I run Pirelli Diablos on my VFR400RR and they are awesome aswell but are a sports tyre, unbelievable grip and scary lean angle's.

• Member Contributer

I agree about the Dunlops. Roadsmarts got squirrely quickly.

I loved the Pirelli Diablos also. They never even threatened to slide. But I was sold my first one as the only sport-touring tire they had in stock in a small Nebraska town. I ran through more than a couple of them and they all lasted more than 8,000 mi. I'm no knee dragger.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

My rear tyre is gave up the ghost today after almost 4000 enjoyable miles,pirelli angel. the front is half worn,

how many of you guys replace both at the same time?

I'm considering another set of angels or angel GT's. or maybe T30's

Kebrider is trying the T30 today i believe ..

These are what I went with and I am pleased. I finally got a chance to put about 50 miles on them, and they are quiet and grip well, and I'm still scrubbing them in. I hit some twisties and they weren't squirmy at all. I didn't push it to hard though since they aren't scrubbed in yet.

Compared to the contiroadattack2 which I had on my sixth gen, it feels like the T30s are slower to turn in. The RA2s just fell into the corners. Granted it wasn't the same bike, but I'd assume it would be similar on the fifth gen.

For only $220 I don't think the T30s can be beat.

- Anthony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Kebrider is trying the T30 today i believe ..

These are what I went with and I am pleased. I finally got a chance to put about 50 miles on them, and they are quiet and grip well, and I'm still scrubbing them in. I hit some twisties and they weren't squirmy at all. I didn't push it to hard though since they aren't scrubbed in yet.

Compared to the contiroadattack2 which I had on my sixth gen, it feels like the T30s are slower to turn in. The RA2s just fell into the corners. Granted it wasn't the same bike, but I'd assume it would be similar on the fifth gen.

For only $220 I don't think the T30s can be beat.

- Anthony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great price for sure ...

• Member Contributer

So would you junk a front tyre at 60% tread remaining and go with a new matched set? the front is squaring off slightly too which I don't like.

the Pirelli angels are my cheapest option here

• Member Contributer

So would you junk a front tyre at 60% tread remaining and go with a new matched set? the front is squaring off slightly too which I don't like.

the Pirelli angels are my cheapest option here

this is the exact reason I have been running ST rears with Sport fronts on my VFRs...I just don't like the feel of a new rear with a half used front...

• Member Contributer

The new T30s felt great on the NC today but I did not like them on the Tiger so much. The Girl loves them on the Tiger so it may have been I put too many miles on the NC and I rode the Tiger in a gravelly area. I was going try out the ST today to see how the T30 GTs feel but I have some strips on the NC I want to remove in the mountains today.

On both bike yesterday the T30s improved the ride and improved stability under braking and in high speed sweepers, without any penalty in agility. I will give them a better test today and see if they are an improvement over the 023.

I make no bones about liking the latest products from Bridgestone. The S20 is one of the best street sport tires I have ever used and are reasonably priced. They steer with great precision and they communicate road feel and grip consistently. They made me a better rider.

KEB

I've put about 130 miles on these PR4s so far. I absolutely love them! They are very confidence inspiring. Did about 60 miles of twisties & I've been able to lay the bike right over on various macadam surfaces without a hiccup. This is with stock Gen 5 suspension. No wet weather miles yet.

• Member Contributer

My front Q started to feel a little wooden at 8000 miles but was still sticky...the carcass is so stiff...but the rear road smart lasted 6K miles and I liked it for at least 5000 of those. Maybe my butt feels the tire differently than yalls.

Matt

I agree about the Dunlops. Roadsmarts got squirrely quickly.

I loved the Pirelli Diablos also. They never even threatened to slide. But I was sold my first one as the only sport-touring tire they had in stock in a small Nebraska town. I ran through more than a couple of them and they all lasted more than 8,000 mi. I'm no knee dragger.

I have about 200 miles on a set of Angel GT's now. Now back in the fold with a 5th gen, I used to use 020 / 010 combo back in the day. These Angel GT's seem superior in cornering confidence.... throwing it in and just letting the bike/tires work really feels great. I always thought the 020 / 010 was pretty good, but these Angel GT's inspire way more confidence.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Can I dust this one off.... The tire ferry stopped by, should have these back on today. The shop that mounted said it was very rare to have a front tire that need ZERO weight to balance... nice!

post-24095-0-17005500-1400698264.jpg

You'll love the RA2s. Please post up your thoughts once you have put some miles on them. You'll notice right after you have them mounted that there is literally no scrub-in period on those tires. It's quite amazing.

- Anthony

Got some PR4s the other day. Been very impressed so far. Standard suspension set up and plenty good enough for me in the dry. Very good in the wet - a UK magazine (RIDE) recently did a mini review on the PR4s and they came out well.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I dust this one off.... The tire ferry stopped by, should have these back on today. The shop that mounted said it was very rare to have a front tire that need ZERO weight to balance... nice!

In the pic I see Conti RoadAttack2´s, I had them before also, and only had a 5gram ballance weigth front and rear whit them, on my new set, Michelin PR2´s I needed 10g front and 25g on the rear. Still not that mutch as I recall I had about 30g front and 55g rear on my Roadsmarts that I had before the RA2´s

1000 miles into my PR2's.... excellent choice.

Have just ride 140 kms on my set of PR2´s, but sure feel very nice.

• Member Contributer

Yeah got about +500 miles on the RA2's and i've been amazed, corner nice,, seem to smooth the roads and stick well in the range of temps so far. Impressed

Yeah got about +500 miles on the RA2's and i've been amazed, corner nice,, seem to smooth the roads and stick well in the range of temps so far. Impressed

They sure do, its a shame the rear wears quit fast. I got about 5500km of the rear, the front would have done about 7500-8000km in total I think. I got about 7500km from the Roadsmarts, so looking for higher milage whit the PR2´s

Archived