Bruce Williams Aka Texasmac 10 Years Today

• Member Contributer

Just was putting on my 10th annual TexasMac T shirt to go for a ride this afternoon. Noticed on the sleeve Bruce passed 10 years ago today. I did not know this man but I like a lot of others sure enjoy riding and the companionship VFRD brings to all of us. TexasMac sure has brought alot us of together the last 10 years who would otherwise would not of crossed paths. RIP VFRD brother!

Today's ride is in your honor Bruce!

Wow, that locked up my heart for a minute! :mellow:

I will never forget the day, it's a Very hard one to relive. Bruce's loss and circumstances really hit me hard, it hit Ray even harder! I think it was an hour or more before Ray or I said a word to each other, stunned, shock and disbelief.

It was almost my last day riding!

But realizing that Bruce was actually enjoying one of his and many of our favorite pastimes, a sport we call motorcycling made me rethink the day!

Bruce was the first loss of a VFRD member and it rocked us all, but at the same time remembering Bruce has started and brought together an amazing group of people who all enjoy the same love and drive that brought Bruce and a few VFRD members together 10 years ago today and continues to do so today.

:beer: This one's for you Bruce and another for each of the great members that make up VFRD!

Thanks to you all for the love, support and exceptional friendships that have evolved here on this forum.

ps thanks panamawing for this reminder for all of us! :wub:

• Member Contributer

It is just crazy that I've been connected to this site long enough to remember that. Also nakedelephant, drumjack, and a few others that get to ride in the sun every day now. Hope they're all still looking in on us!

• Member Contributer

Does anyone has a photo of Texasmac that they could post up for those that never got a chance to meet him?

Does anyone has a photo of Texasmac that they could post up for those that never got a chance to meet him?

It all started when Bruce posted up a question "Can you ride the Dragon in Dec.?" Myself and several others offered to meet Bruce for the first time and ride with him on some of the great roads there including the Famous Dragon he had heard some much about down in Dallas, TX.

I only have a few shots of the trip, but you can see it was sunny and cool.

On Friday Dec. 26th, Bruce and I road with another VFRD member who went by the name Mancow(?) I think his name was Gary(?) standing on left. Bruce seated.

Here we were at the OverLook Friday afternoon just after finishing a run on the famous Dragon that Bruce wanted to ride!

post-301-0-06866200-1388276508.jpg

A shot of the three of us Friday morning (left Bruce, Me, Gary).

post-301-0-37929500-1388276521.jpg

Here is a shot I took from Dec. 27th, 2003. It is Bruce Williams(TexasMac) on the left in front of his loved 03 Silver VFR and Ray(Hotrodder) on the right in front of the Microtel of Robbinsville. A little more than one hour later Bruce would no longer be with us!

post-301-0-36365700-1388276214.jpg

BR

• Member Contributer

Thanks for that BR...helps to put faces with the names. God bless you guys for honoring your friend with such an event...very cool in any man's book.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for that BR...helps to put faces with the names. God bless you guys for honoring your friend with such an event...very cool in any man's book. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I didn't realize that I may have never posted pics of Bruce. I would think I posted them back in 04, but not since. Maybe I'll add these to the Official TmacThread when I post it next month.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for posting that , new here in the last few months , had some questions but wanted to tread lightly out of respect to the established members here. I look forward to attending my first T-Mac next year.

Thanks for posting that , new here in the last few months , had some questions but wanted to tread lightly out of respect to the established members here. I look forward to attending my first T-Mac next year.

Thanks for that! :biggrin:

There is a short paragraph of the history of the event near the bottom of the Loooong official thread, maybe I should move that history to the top of the thread when I post in up next month.

I forget we have many new members joining up all the time that have no knowledge or history of what the event is all about, I'll try to keep that in mind when I post up in the future.

It sometimes still hard to even talk about it 10 years later. :blush:

BR

Its a very cool thing. I'm pretty sure I will leave this earth with no such legacy. :fing02: BR.

It's a great group and a great event.

The reason I've been such a Safety Nazi when organizing the Tmac's is that my biggest fear is having someone add to that legacy! :unsure: I push for a Fun & Safe event for that reason, now I may ride a little crazy! :wink:

BR

• 2 weeks later...

Reading through this, I am very honored and humbled, yet excited, to be participating in Tmac this year. Thanks for the pics BR. I'm really looking forward to a fun and safe ride in May.

-PRB

• Member Contributer

This is the first pic I have seen of Bruce Williams. Thanks for the postings, Kevin.

Terrible tragedy, glorious legacy!! Thanks to you BR, TMac, and VFRD, we all have

gained invaluable relationships and experiences. I have been saved twice at least

from potential disaster because of these relationships. Rest in Peace, Bruce and

live long TMac!!!

Archived