Found In Tank. What Is It?

vfrAustin

• Member Contributer

I have my tank off and something was knocking around. Put a hook on some safety wire and I pulled this thing out.

What the heck is it? It is about 2" long overall.

BTW. The tank immaculate inside.post-25867-0-85680000-1384119590.jpg

• Member Contributer

The pill type things are metal and the outside is plastic. Incredible to think the PO actually dropped this thing in the tank to serve a purpose. Drove me crazy to actually try and see it, then get it out. Very odd.

• Member Contributer

That's an interesting one. :unsure:

:idea3: Wasn't there something like that on the market many moons ago made to be put in fuel tanks which part of it would slowly dissolve allowing it to last for several fill-ups? Maybe back when the market was converting from leaded to unleaded gas meant to be used on vehicles that required leaded? Or when pollution/emissions testing was coming to be?

• Member Contributer

I think it was dropped in on purpose. It rolls around and breaks up any water that gets trapped on the floor of the tank. I've put a few ball bearing in tanks in the past. Drop it back in and forget it......your tank is clean inside.....it's working!

• Member Contributer

One of those psuedo science catalyst things? :unsure:

I'd probably toss it. Pretty sure it's not stock.

You are so smart like that! :beer:

• Member Contributer

Since I took the device out of my tank my performance has decreased and my fuel consumption has increased. I better put it back so my bike runs properly again.

I cant ride without my Fitch Fuel Catalyst!!!!

LOL!!! :laughing6-hehe:

Bets on how far I can wing it?

Archived