Pea Gravel And Potholes Ignored

• Member Contributer

I checked your signature line and Europa is missing alltogether!!!!!! BAD GIRL!!!!!! :goofy:

img5293.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Keep your fingernails short Olive; it will help you hang in there.

Terry

This made me smile. Although I am more likely to keep my hair short so that it is helmet friendly.

As for my weather - you are welcome to it! It's hardly used and kept chilled so it won't go bad. :goofy:

Yes, it certainly is Fresh around here. (That's Minnesota Nice for "cold, wet, and generally unpleasant"). Really appreciate your efforts to share your pain with us. :wacko: 6+ inches of snow coming tonight.

Reconstruction of old gal on temporary hold in my unheated garage. Not to get me wrong. I DO appreciate have a garage. My sympathies to your duo. Check your mailbox; I'm sending them warm blankets. :pinocchio:

• Member Contributer

The weather forecast was full of profanity again this morning. My poor ears heard the "S" word, the "F" word (flurries) as well as the "FR" word (freezing rain). Sounds like Humalog and MaxSwell also have heard something similar. (Oh, MaxSwell - last I checked my mailbox the only thing of note was an icicle hanging off of it.)

Dutchy - as for Europa, give me a bit of time. There are still a few roads in the States and Canada that I haven't explored. (Rectifying that as soon as possible!). Although I haven't heard anything about your wee beastie being out of the shed yet - are you planning on leaving that poor thing parked all season? Your temperatures are already in the positive numbers last I checked.

• Member Contributer

You have completely avoided Oklahoma I see...not that I can blame you. (I've been an Okie since 1971 with a brief 12 year hiatus in Washington state). However there is a nice stretch of scenic road in SE Oklahoma that runs from Mena, Arkansas to Talihena, Oklahoma appropriately called the Talimena Drive, or OK state highway 1 that is worth a ride. It runs through a wooded area along a ridge of the Ouachita Mtn range (very old Mtns, so they are really just hills now). A few curves, but nothing technical, with lots of pullouts for scenic views of the surrounding valleys. It's worth it to say you've ridden it I believe.

There are still a few roads in the States and Canada that I haven't explored. (Rectifying that as soon as possible!).

• Member Contributer

Did you have a lock on your cover?

This morning I woke up to a very unwelcome sight...

The cover I put on the bike went missing. Not impressed. The bike didn't look impressed either.

• Member Contributer

I mite even tiki torch fuel clean my bike tonight...

OK, I've never heard of anyone cleaning their bike with tiki torch fuel... Why would you do that?

Sorry its a inside joke between me and Timmy. Someone started a bike cleaning thread and some people have a hard time finding kerosene to clean chains and swing arm with so I recommended tiki torch fuel to use instead of kerosene.

• Member Contributer

Did you have a lock on your cover?

No - I usually just put it on the bike Not something I really considered the need to lock down. When I replace I probably won't bother locking that either. I don't see a cover as a big ticket tempatation - besides, I want to just whisk the cover off and ride without hassle. (I was more surprised than anything.)

You have completely avoided Oklahoma I see...not that I can blame you.

Hmmm.... I guess I need to head south once again so that I can rectify the omission.

• Member Contributer

Although I haven't heard anything about your wee beastie being out of the shed yet - are you planning on leaving that poor thing parked all season? Your temperatures are already in the positive numbers last I checked.

Hhhmmm you missed my "Gouda" topic?

BAD GIRL!!!!! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Finally took the bike out today, man that firts ride is always such a blast :cheerleader:

but they are still calling for a huge dump of snow tomorrow, oh well, it was still awesome :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Hhhmmm you missed my "Gouda" topic?

Do you really think I would read a topic with SUCH a cheesy title? :tongue:

Finally took the bike out today, man that firts ride is always such a blast :cheerleader:

but they are still calling for a huge dump of snow tomorrow, oh well, it was still awesome :goofy:

It was snowing when I left the house today. It was snowing every time I looked out the window at work. (Almost a whiteout at times). It was snowing when I left work. But the good news is that the snow was melting as soon as it hit the ground.

If you like I will ship the rest of the snow your way - we've had more than our fair share. It's only polite to share!

• Member Contributer

I love winter and snow, just not in April. I've had my bike out once when I drove it to service shop. I can't wait to get it back when this snow melts.

Spring and Summer have been cancelled, and in their place, we proudly bring you: NOVEMBER 2013!!!

photo taken by me, this morning, after getting home from work. A white knuckle drive in 4wd the whole way.

there was so much snow flying up over the hood, being thrown up by the bumper, that It got completely dark in the truck sometimes, and I could not see the road, and had to come to a near stop.

and, climbing some hills took full throttle to maintain 50-60 km/hr

N33bnoj.jpg

• Member Contributer

Veefer800 - you didn't have to send it south! Weather warning for 10-25 cm of snow by Sunday afternoon. My snow shovel is still in active use.

Veefer800 - you didn't have to send it south! Weather warning for 10-25 cm of snow by Sunday afternoon. My snow shovel is still in active use.

Pfft, we got 30 cm since last night and the snowfall warning is still in effect for tonight. Haha.

• Member Contributer
Pfft, we got 30 cm since last night and the snowfall warning is still in effect for tonight. Haha.

Keep it up there, would ya?

• Member Contributer

Geez, Olive it only looks like a light sciff of snow there, you should be able to get to the seat in about an hour or so. After leaving Calgary to move to Kelowna in '96, I can honestly say that is one thing I do not miss about Calgary. Nothing can be worse than pulling your bike out of storage and then having it snow the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that, and so on, and so on. I can remember riding my bike to work in early April from the Lakeview area in SW Calgary to the 64 Ave Ne area and how some people looked at me as though I was somewhat, well, retarded, as I think someone told me once. The one thing I do miss about Calgary though is that during the winter you do actually get to see the sun. Mind you if you look outside on a normal December morn in Calgary and you see beautiful blue sky with nary a cloud in sight and the sun streaming in through the window, you know to check the thermometer before you venture outside as it may be A LOT COLDER than it looks.

My first ride this year was in late March, and I have put a few km's on the old girl since then. I must admit to having climatized to the weather in Kelowna mind you and don't much tend to ride much now when it is below zero. The drivers here in Kelowna are dangerous enough during the spring and summer when it comes to looking out for people on two wheels but it is down right dangerous during the winter. I think more than half the population here is over 60 and they seem to refuse to shoulder check when changing lanes (either that or they simply can't turn their heads) LOL

Good on ya for the early rides and try to keep her shiny side up. Hopefully the throes of winter will leave your area at some point before, hmmm, May. And furthermore I hope they clean the streets before July this year. Don't miss that part of Calgary either. LOL

• Member Contributer

Getting to the seat is not a problem... getting to the road under the white stuff, however, is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Wow, great pictures! Apparently I picked a good spring to be training overseas.

Tough to complain about the weather in the Middle East, except it can be a bit warm at times... :goofy:

post-22867-0-13209800-1367519133.jpg

• Member Contributer

Sunday morning on an Assen WSBK campsite.............

fog_zps84baee5a.jpg

Having a good sleeping bag (and a woolly hat..) helps...

540009e4-a83a-4dea-8f9e-d3d01c69b7cf_zps

Archived