What Would You Do?

canadianvfr

• Member Contributer

Thank you but....It still does not exist without pictures!

Saying Good-Bye to my beautiful baby this morning!!

I will have fond memories of her, and hey who says men can't have feelings! lol

• Member Contributer

A 2013 VFR1200 is sitting in a local dealership for $15,999 so you did fine. I could never justify buying a new bike that costs the same as a Nissan Sentra though. Just where I'm at in life, is all.

• Member Contributer

Id love to post some pictures however the new bike is sitting in Langley BC and I'm in Kamloops BC and the Coquihalla separates us.

Looking at my work schedule it seems that it might be another 2 weeks before I can head down there to pick it up! Looks like I will have to trailer it back up here, I'm not risking laying her down on the Coquihalla not at this time of the year! Too cold and icy.

Naturally this gives me time to start ordering all my accessories.

Sell the wife and enjoy the VFR :tour:

Remember the Three F's boys......if it floats, flies or f*cks, RENT IT!!!!! :goofy:

Those have to be the wisest words I have ever heard. I bow to your wisdom!

• Member Contributer

Id love to post some pictures however the new bike is sitting in Langley BC and I'm in Kamloops BC and the Coquihalla separates us.

Looking at my work schedule it seems that it might be another 2 weeks before I can head down there to pick it up! Looks like I will have to trailer it back up here, I'm not risking laying her down on the Coquihalla not at this time of the year! Too cold and icy.

Naturally this gives me time to start ordering all my accessories.

I'm nearby and would be willing to .. ahem.. test it for you, the roads are clear here on the island.

Waiting patiently for your answer.

This offer will expire soon.

Enjoy your new ride.

What to do? I had a blast last year riding around BC and part of the lower 48 states and I love my VFR but..... my better half wanted to ride with me so I bought her a 2009 Suzuki S40 a nice light 292lb 650 single cylinder cruiser, needless to say she rode it twice and parked it. Now we would like to start touring 2 up. The VFR 800 is not exactly the best 2 up sport touring bike especially if your um around 240 and da wifey is 180 if you get what I mean! Right so I have an option right now to trade in my VFR (After I take the farkles off and sell them) the dealer is willing to give me $6500 on trade plus $6000 for the Ninja 1400 which has 10K on it. Both are mint.

My perplexing thought, I have the option of buying a 2012 Concurs 1400 for $15,999 with zero km's. I trade both in and I am left with having to pay $4500 for the bike. Now there is a new 2010 VFR 1200 I can pick up for $13,000. or better $0 if I trade both bikes in. Then luggage will cost $2500 for oem or $1300 for Givi set. The Connie comes with matching hard cases and the top piece would cost me $800.00

Warranty for the VFR would set me back $760 for 3 years but the Connie comes standard with 3 years.

VFR is a 2010 but the Connie is a 2012...What to do What to do???

I have a 2007 Candy red VFR with 20000km, mods are pazzo levers, sergeant seat, Shoria battery, HID's, Puig touring screen, Heli Bars, Powerlet plug. OEM Trunk and side luggage cases, BMC air filter.

Everything but the luggage will be sold to help pay the difference.

I am sure I could ride the hell out of that Kawasaki and for pure comfort the Connie wins but the VFR is well a VFR great one up after I swap the seat out and make some risers.

Does anyone here own or has owned the Connie 1400?

What would you do?

What to do? I had a blast last year riding around BC and part of the lower 48 states and I love my VFR but..... my better half wanted to ride with me so I bought her a 2009 Suzuki S40 a nice light 292lb 650 single cylinder cruiser, needless to say she rode it twice and parked it. Now we would like to start touring 2 up. The VFR 800 is not exactly the best 2 up sport touring bike especially if your um around 240 and da wifey is 180 if you get what I mean! Right so I have an option right now to trade in my VFR (After I take the farkles off and sell them) the dealer is willing to give me $6500 on trade plus $6000 for the Ninja 1400 which has 10K on it. Both are mint.

My perplexing thought, I have the option of buying a 2012 Concurs 1400 for $15,999 with zero km's. I trade both in and I am left with having to pay $4500 for the bike. Now there is a new 2010 VFR 1200 I can pick up for $13,000. or better $0 if I trade both bikes in. Then luggage will cost $2500 for oem or $1300 for Givi set. The Connie comes with matching hard cases and the top piece would cost me $800.00

Warranty for the VFR would set me back $760 for 3 years but the Connie comes standard with 3 years.

VFR is a 2010 but the Connie is a 2012...What to do What to do???

I have a 2007 Candy red VFR with 20000km, mods are pazzo levers, sergeant seat, Shoria battery, HID's, Puig touring screen, Heli Bars, Powerlet plug. OEM Trunk and side luggage cases, BMC air filter.

Everything but the luggage will be sold to help pay the difference.

I am sure I could ride the hell out of that Kawasaki and for pure comfort the Connie wins but the VFR is well a VFR great one up after I swap the seat out and make some risers.

Does anyone here own or has owned the Connie 1400?

What would you do?

Had an '09 concurs for almost 2 years and 15.000 km. before my vfr 12. It was a great bike but a litle to big - to much touring for me ,I am close to your weight ( 230 ) but 19 times out of 20 I ride alone, so althought the 1200 works great for me for what you describe here (riding two up with the wife) I sugest you go with the C.14, plus you,re geting traction control on the C.14,with the vfr you have to go with 2012 model to get it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Wow, what a bike! Where do I start.....

I finally had a chance to ride my new VFR1200DCT last Monday after convincing my better half to skip a part of our extended visit to Golden BC ...We did a Friday and Sat visit then left to have a turkey dinner on Sunday in Enderby BC then drove back home to Kamloops BC.....through out this very long (to me ) 3 days my wife would give me the evil eye as I would tend to say quick hello and goodbye's then want to move on and visit the other family members as quick as I could.....every few hours Deb would catch me checking the weather on the Ipad, She asked me if riding" that new bike" was more important than visiting family.....you can imagine her response when I said "darn tootin hell ya!" Monday was going to be my day to ride and there was nothing but clear blue sky and sun for the forecast!

Wow what a bike, I just love the power that this V4 puts out!! Just fantastic! and as for the DCT which I pondered about for a few weeks...well holy crap! I just love it..smooth transition through the gears. Very nice in the city where there are lot's of stop and go lights, I made the right decision.

I put 600km on that Monday and I came home grinning from ear to ear. You should have seen the look on these 4 Harley riders in Kelowna when I pulled up next to them at a street light with my left hand resting on my hip, I stopped and one of them noticed that I had no clutch! He pointed to the rest of his buddies and they just starred in disbelief, light turned green and off I went to the next red light with out using my left hand. I pulled into a Petro Canada gas station and they followed me in to have a better look and next thing I knew I was demonstrating how it worked, they were quite amazed at the technology Honda had developed. One of them remarked that hell would freeze over before Harley Davidson could or would develop something like this...Quite funny ..really!

Needless to say I am very pleased with my purchase, I love the bike, there are a couple downfalls for sure one being the seat which is an embarrasement to say the least so I decided this time to not purchase a Seargent or a Corbin but let an upholstery shop modify my seat, they guaranteed me that they would make it to my liking even if they had to remodify it 2 or 3 times.

I purchased 2 Givi hard side luggage bags and they really look nice on the bike, the trunk came but I just need to be patient and wait another 3 weeks for the mounting bracket to come in.

I paid $12000 including tax and all that other garbage out the door. I could have picked up a 2012 for an extra $4g but really for the difference I can add a lot of farkles on the 2010. I just spent $800.00 of that with purchasing a center stand and items listed below.

I have the HID's which I will install tonight and have a Givi touring windshield coming as well as a hugger.I plan on installing 2 12v plugs for power through a fuse block which is the right way to go. It will be 3 weeks before she is all ready to ride with all her accessories on.

Oh and by the way I really like the Adaptiv radar detector as it saved at least 1 ticket that day..I have it mounted on the speedometer, I really don't need to see the rpm's I can feel them just right.

Now the paint on the gas tank is pure crap, Honda could and should have stopped production and repainted the damm things!!

After 600km the paint looks like shit, makes it look like a bike that has 100,000km of riding on it, scuffed like crazy...I will be putting on a 6mm protective clear lining on the tank to fix that issue.

Maybe it's me but the max I got for mileage was 200km before the last bar was flashing, but I suppose I do tend to ride a little faster than the posted limit and it's easy to plan a route that will accomodate my style of riding.

My VIN on the VFR1200 says I have production bike # 000000049, yup number 49 out the door.

All in all an excellent motorbike and I just can't wait to put 10,000km on her this year.

Can anyone direct me to the service manual for the DCT? I did hunt but I came up empty?

I think 600km is a good time to change the oil and filters on the bike, my local Honda dealer had to order the clutch filter and they offered me a service plan but what the hell they have never seen a 1200 DCT yet nor a VFR800 and I'm not going to let my bike be an experiment for them. They scare the hell out of me and I do all my servicing other that valve checks. Saves me a tonne of cash for sure!

I am sure glad that I sold my 2007 VFR800 to a fellow from Kelowna whom just loves and praises the bike to no end, he and his son plan on riding down to Texas next month, he bought his son a 2012 CBR 250 and that will be his ride when he attends university in Texas. His name is Richard and I've pointed him to this site several times, hopefully he joins and post rides and pics.

Well there you go! Keep the rubber side down and we shall somewhere down the road!! :wheel:

Wow, what a bike! Where do I start.....

I finally had a chance to ride my new VFR1200DCT last Monday after convincing my better half to skip a part of our extended visit to Golden BC ...We did a Friday and Sat visit then left to have a turkey dinner on Sunday in Enderby BC then drove back home to Kamloops BC.....through out this very long (to me ) 3 days my wife would give me the evil eye as I would tend to say quick hello and goodbye's then want to move on and visit the other family members as quick as I could.....every few hours Deb would catch me checking the weather on the Ipad, She asked me if riding" that new bike" was more important than visiting family.....you can imagine her response when I said "darn tootin hell ya!" Monday was going to be my day to ride and there was nothing but clear blue sky and sun for the forecast!

Wow what a bike, I just love the power that this V4 puts out!! Just fantastic! and as for the DCT which I pondered about for a few weeks...well holy crap! I just love it..smooth transition through the gears. Very nice in the city where there are lot's of stop and go lights, I made the right decision.

I put 600km on that Monday and I came home grinning from ear to ear. You should have seen the look on these 4 Harley riders in Kelowna when I pulled up next to them at a street light with my left hand resting on my hip, I stopped and one of them noticed that I had no clutch! He pointed to the rest of his buddies and they just starred in disbelief, light turned green and off I went to the next red light with out using my left hand. I pulled into a Petro Canada gas station and they followed me in to have a better look and next thing I knew I was demonstrating how it worked, they were quite amazed at the technology Honda had developed. One of them remarked that hell would freeze over before Harley Davidson could or would develop something like this...Quite funny ..really!

Needless to say I am very pleased with my purchase, I love the bike, there are a couple downfalls for sure one being the seat which is an embarrasement to say the least so I decided this time to not purchase a Seargent or a Corbin but let an upholstery shop modify my seat, they guaranteed me that they would make it to my liking even if they had to remodify it 2 or 3 times.

I purchased 2 Givi hard side luggage bags and they really look nice on the bike, the trunk came but I just need to be patient and wait another 3 weeks for the mounting bracket to come in.

I paid $12000 including tax and all that other garbage out the door. I could have picked up a 2012 for an extra $4g but really for the difference I can add a lot of farkles on the 2010. I just spent $800.00 of that with purchasing a center stand and items listed below.

I have the HID's which I will install tonight and have a Givi touring windshield coming as well as a hugger.I plan on installing 2 12v plugs for power through a fuse block which is the right way to go. It will be 3 weeks before she is all ready to ride with all her accessories on.

Oh and by the way I really like the Adaptiv radar detector as it saved at least 1 ticket that day..I have it mounted on the speedometer, I really don't need to see the rpm's I can feel them just right.

Now the paint on the gas tank is pure crap, Honda could and should have stopped production and repainted the damm things!!

After 600km the paint looks like shit, makes it look like a bike that has 100,000km of riding on it, scuffed like crazy...I will be putting on a 6mm protective clear lining on the tank to fix that issue.

Maybe it's me but the max I got for mileage was 200km before the last bar was flashing, but I suppose I do tend to ride a little faster than the posted limit and it's easy to plan a route that will accomodate my style of riding.

My VIN on the VFR1200 says I have production bike # 000000049, yup number 49 out the door.

All in all an excellent motorbike and I just can't wait to put 10,000km on her this year.

Can anyone direct me to the service manual for the DCT? I did hunt but I came up empty?

I think 600km is a good time to change the oil and filters on the bike, my local Honda dealer had to order the clutch filter and they offered me a service plan but what the hell they have never seen a 1200 DCT yet nor a VFR800 and I'm not going to let my bike be an experiment for them. They scare the hell out of me and I do all my servicing other that valve checks. Saves me a tonne of cash for sure!

I am sure glad that I sold my 2007 VFR800 to a fellow from Kelowna whom just loves and praises the bike to no end, he and his son plan on riding down to Texas next month, he bought his son a 2012 CBR 250 and that will be his ride when he attends university in Texas. His name is Richard and I've pointed him to this site several times, hopefully he joins and post rides and pics.

Well there you go! Keep the rubber side down and we shall somewhere down the road

Congrats ! as for the manual look on e bay.

• Member Contributer

Wow! Congrats on your purchase. I know exactly how you feel.

One question though. Does the 3 year warranty from Honda start from the date of manufacture or from the date of purchase?

Second, the manual is about the first thing you see when you click on the "downloads" tab.

Enjoy her.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived