Finally "finished" 1000R

Captain 80s

• Member Contributer

Haven't posted anything over here in a while. Thought you guys might like to see a 1000R I recently finished. Would like to update a couple things on it since I started the project, but out of money right now and just wanted to finally ride it down the road.

No crazy mods... just totally refurbished chassis and components. Compression, cams, rockers all were good... so didn't feel the need to dig deeper and spend more money. Jetting was spot on... sounds great and pulls strong!!... which helped me determine a new clutch will be going in this winter. :)

IMG_17332.jpg

IMG_17364.jpg

IMG_17412.jpg

IMG_17431.jpg

17241d1331693350-1985-vf1000r-getting-close-img_1755.jpg

17242d1331693369-1985-vf1000r-getting-close-img_1757.jpg

• Member Contributer

Nice work Cap'n, how long has it taken to get to this stage? Do you have any shots with the body work fitted?

Tony

Pics w/ bodywork in 2nd post...

Here's one before I got the lowers to play nice with the 4-1 Sudco and before fitting the trimmed rear fender and tucked turn signals. Prob gonna go back to no rear fender and integrate the signals into the tailight. Just love the way it looks.

IMG_1773.jpg

• Member Contributer

why the only first four pics came thru and the rest are the dreaded red X

Shit... I'll have to fix it this evening. They show up fine here at work for me...

Oh sure, you found a brand new leftover sitting in a Honda warehouse and you want us to believe you redid it to look that good! RIGHT!!! :ph34r:

Congrats on the fantastic job!!!

Got bodywork that looks as good?

BR

• Member Contributer
Got bodywork that looks as good?

Not quite... this extra set has some minor issues. Eventually going to get a custom FWS-type treatment. Maybe Euro reverse color scheme?

IMG_1883_1_.jpg

Thank you everybody for the nice comments. Really.

Bought this thing 15 years ago... insurance total for $150. Have moved a business, moved into new house, restored 2 (TWO!) CB-1s, built a vintage motocross bike, light-restored a couple mini-trails, built 2 race bikes (1 a fully restored for racing 86 VF500F) and raced 2 seasons... all while trying to get this damn thing done. Last 5% took me 8 years (moving into the new house and trying to find time that I wasn't working on said new house or working on every other machine). Time F-ing flies... this was the summer goddammit!

Mike.

Archived