Something you should see...

vfrflanders

In 1989 "Le Prince Noir" (Black Prince) was a big "hit" when this was made public (TV at that time)....

Now is France one of the few countries in the world with a ban on high HP motorcycles....

We reap what we sew..... Everyone pays

Doing a top of 237 km/h (almost 150 miles/h)...not so smart....

He reached that speed when the road ahead of him was clear of traffic. To me the first part of the video where the speeds are lower but the margins of error a lot smaller looked far more dangerous. The rider is relying on everyone around him not to make any mistake, which is a big mistake by itself, as the rider in this video clearly shows:

• Member Contributer

My EU tax euros at work......

We pay them to build an infrastructure so they can earn money and pay back the loans...

Instead they use it to dick around......

now, I assume all the other riders were part of his "fanclub".

I would have a serious word with him if he'd crawl up my ass that way. (Timmy you are ok, you only stuffed me once... :laugh: )

Read this and you how they think in the EU ( (full article http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/european-commission-horsepower-limit-law/)

"However the issue at stake is an even larger bone of contention, as high-performance sport bikes ridden by steet hooligans have caused a backlash in Europe. Motorcyclists looking to show off, or who would rather not take it to the track have created attention to high-performance motorcycles, and not in a good way. There is a growing negative sentiment in Europe towards sport bikes, and this French law limiting horsepower is a prime example of that sentiment turning to action".

Don't give them this kind of ammunition.

This will only backfires to all of us...

Looks like they are all wearing a motorcycle club T-shirt in the shots where they stopped for some eats.......A concerned LEO can easily track down those hosers and the 1200 rider if he puts his mind to it.

The rider can afford a 1200, so I'm sure he can easily afford some track days to do that kind of riding in.

He needs a few months in the slammer and a 5 year ban minimum from riding to get some sense into that thick head of his.

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

Looks like they are all wearing a motorcycle club T-shirt in the shots where they stopped for some eats.......A concerned LEO can easily track down those hosers and the 1200 rider if he puts his mind to it.

The rider can afford a 1200, so I'm sure he can easily afford some track days to do that kind of riding in.

He needs a few months in the slammer and a 5 year ban minimum from riding to get some sense into that thick head of his.

Beck

95 VFR

Curious if all here are that self-righteous? I honestly didn't find him to be going too fast on most of the video. I did see that he was trusting greatly in the riding of others, but possibly this is a group of friends (eating together) and they have a trust for one another. At this point, I DO spend more time on the track then on public roads, but who here has NOT been at 120 mph plus on their bikes? :lurk:

• Member Contributer

Matt, I agree with you to a point, largely because most of his high speed work was done with clear traffic (as Rosso pointed out). Would I do on public roads? Probably not. Is it risky? Hell yes. Was he mostly just putting himself and those that choose to ride with him at danger? Yes.

I think the dumbest thing was to post this on the internet. I usually try and keep my exploits a secret. I'd love to know if and when the appropriate LEO's set a speed trap for him.

• Member Contributer

I rarely if ever go above 100 mph, but I have been known too. My feeble skills dont allow it.

Humility contributes toward making a good rider...Don't let this man (HS) fool you.

I like to have fun and ride fast, but safe, riding within limits, not taking unreasonable risks.

Questioning putting down a rider for going 150 on a 2 lane public road with other people inches away from his or other driver's death or injury if this yoho loses it,.........I'd gladly accept the "self righteous" tag any day than the "stupid and dumb" tag this guy will get from many other "self righteous" people. Aside from the 150mph blast he did, you did notice that hooligan passes he did on those bikes and cars too, didn't you??

Yes, Darwin's law might eventually rid us of guys like this, but it's the innocent public sharing the roads with then that we should be worried more about.

Self righteous Beck!

95 VFR

snip

Don't give them this kind of ammunition.

This will only backfires to all of us...

I agree, it's not safety as much as public opinion that is the big issue. Ride like this in my area, VT, NY, PA and you'll have the 911 switchboard lighting up faster than a drunk driver going the wrong direction on the I-90. When the cops get the calls they know where you are and where you're going and they WILL intercept. As well, nothing comes back on the moto community as efficiently as bad public opinion. It leads directly to increased enforcement.

• Member Contributer

+1 to public perception. No matter what your opinion on this is, whether it's "stupid/dumb" or "cool", the non-motorcycling public deems it as wreckless. Politicians are ready, willing, and able to enact laws they think will be popular and get them re-elected. Give them the ammo and they will systematically take away our priviledge to ride. The AMA is not as nearly well funded or well organized as the NRA, and bearing arms is a contitutional right for God's sake...not so with riding.

+1 to public perception. No matter what your opinion on this is, whether it's "stupid/dumb" or "cool", the non-motorcycling public deems it as wreckless. Politicians are ready, willing, and able to enact laws they think will be popular and get them re-elected. Give them the ammo and they will systematically take away our priviledge to ride. The AMA is not as nearly well funded or well organized as the NRA, and bearing arms is a contitutional right for God's sake...not so with riding.

You made my point!

• 1 year later...

And still we have superbikes limited to 300 km/h....hehe, and the VFR1200F is not that far off, so why do we buy them and then only find fault with those that indeed enjoy their bikes. We must always be safe but then sometimes we do play, so lets not only look at the black spot on the paper but also at the good. If that person always rides like that and gets away with it, well we cannot do a thing about it, let us ride safe but also let us really enjoy our bikes and then if you do not or cannot handle the power or do not use the power you can always buy a 125, that will keep you safe. Before you kill me, I do ride safe and my wife is always with me so that makes me that more safer, but sometimes we do take small chances but always safe and away from traffic, lets keep on riding and enjoy the ride.

• Member Contributer

Last week while travelling 20 km/hr my daughter's boyfriend lays down his cruiser because a women decides she needn't stop to make a right on a red. Everyone is okay but I get kinda tired of the speed & safety thing but if he was doing 40 at exactly that same instant ...

I'm with a few of you - while watching the first part of the clip, I was uncomfortable with the rider's proximity to the 2-up. Was reaching for the brakes on my keyboard.

• Member Contributer

There will be changes here also(U.S.), when the government gets involved with healthcare it's just a matter of time before those limitations on horsepower hit here.

• Member Contributer

Looks like they are all wearing a motorcycle club T-shirt in the shots where they stopped for some eats.......A concerned LEO can easily track down those hosers and the 1200 rider if he puts his mind to it.The rider can afford a 1200, so I'm sure he can easily afford some track days to do that kind of riding in.He needs a few months in the slammer and a 5 year ban minimum from riding to get some sense into that thick head of his.Beck95 VFR

Curious if all here are that self-righteous? I honestly didn't find him to be going too fast on most of the video. I did see that he was trusting greatly in the riding of others, but possibly this is a group of friends (eating together) and they have a trust for one another. At this point, I DO spend more time on the track then on public roads, but who here has NOT been at 120 mph plus on their bikes? :lurk:

+1...

The fact that the vid was posted for all to see points to some degree of "showing off". There are ways to share vids amongst friends only, but this rider want the wholeworld to see this. Just as there are ways to enjoy your bike's performance in a more discrete manner.

Same problem with the stunters blocking hwys. They could do their deeds in an isolated parking lot, far away from general motoring public, but I suspect the reduced show-off factor wouldnt be as much a thrill.

• Member Contributer

If you post stuff like this and you are on UK roads, they will investigate and prosecute. I suspect this is why I get told don't video your speedometer. I also suspect anyone who plays once in a while will not want any of his/her devices to have a GPS record of their speeds in case you get pulled over.

New to this thread. Is it just me or is his only way to pass any other riders hp? Looks like he can't keep up with cheaper/simpler bikes in corners. Bit sad, really.

I saw his rev counter in the red in 4th one time, suppose he couldn't find 5th??

5533 km on the bike. I give myself a year to be able to do on a new bike what I could on the previous one. That's about 8k miles of every day riding and has to include winter. But maybe I'm a slow learner.

Not blaming this, that, or anything but it's a bit sad that the country with the best (EU-funded) roads and the most gorgeous and safe tracks seems to be the location for this kind of behavior. I suppose we northerners are just jealous!

Whatever the case may be, I wouldn't want him/her in my group but then again I'm not used to riding in large groups. Last time I did that it went wrong a few miles after leaving the highway and the rider from the Isle Of Man's ride was over. And his expensive weekend as well. What I saw there from riders I didn't know from Adam sure cured me for life of riding in a large group.

And to post the video on YouTube? Well stupid is as stupid does I guess.

• Member Contributer

Putting your ride on Youtube, is not the brightest thing to do, at them speeds anyway. But he needs to learn how to get the best out of the V4 motor, it certainly is not between 8,500-10,000 revs, use the torque of the VFR1200 engine, you can ride quick without holding such high revs. He's still a nob for putting the speedo in view.

• 2 weeks later...

Whether you think this video is okay or not depends on your own skills. We don't see objective reality, it is filtered through our mind first which assigns it a rating, i.e. Good, or bad. If you think it's unsafe, then it is for you.

As Shakespeare said, There is nothing good or bad but thinking makes it so.

I also remember a line from a book, "Sex is like any hunger, once it's satisfied, it ceases to have much importance." Or words to that effect anyway.

If roads had no speed limits, I believe that we would become more relaxed about the whole issue - then we could really have an impact on safety. Whether we realise it or not, speed propagandists are often nutters who can't drive to save themselves, so they try to drag everyone else down to their level. And governments are often more than happy to listen to them because they simply want to reduce expenses. Better for everyone to take public transport or cycle than to try and keep road infrastructure up to scratch.

Archived