Is This Tire Done?

indianagenius

• Member Contributer

Almost as good as my Metzelr Z8.

2012-08-17_11-50-54_96.jpg

Not bad for 11k miles. Unfortunately this was 200 miles into an 800 mile trip. Fortunately, the shop I went to had a new set of Z8s on the shelf.

-Jake

• Member Contributer

Looks done to me.

Although, I've gotten about 200 miles out of my last tire, which looked just like yours.

The caveat was, that I was able to mostly use the sides - It was in NC during T-Mack.

The same experiment in NY ended up with a flat tire, which exhaled through the cords while waiting for me to come out of the office and head home from work.

Not having to call my wife to pick me up AGAIN is easily worth the cost of the new tire :491:

• Member Contributer

The same experiment in NY ended up with a flat tire, which exhaled through the cords

That happened to my last tire. Fortunately it was right as I pulled in to my driveway.

Those tires all look great. I road in from TMac on this one. It was Sunday or I might have looked for a replacement. Went through

Chattanooga on the interstate in the rain. Not a happy feeling. New tire ready to go for the Bristol meet next month.

IMG 0883[1]

• 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer

You just happened to show up on a bike that fit one of the spares I brought along incase anyone needed a tire to get home after all of the fun...glad we could help.

Thank you for the useful rear roller, now I don't have to have a pit crew hauling my rear stand around to lube my chain daily!

Archived