2011 Catskills Fall Ride - Heads up!

SEBSPEED

• Member Contributer

I actually made a couple of promises in my helmet when I had those rear flats last weekend and have to go church sunday, early service should be over by 1030 and I am on my way up.. :lobby:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

If the GA group can stay in Roanoke Wednesday night, when would the DC/PA contingent be heading up? and are you trailering or riding?

• Member Contributer

So, wait - where are we sleeping?? I think I missed the post about the new hotel... as long as there ain't no bed bugs, it's got clean sheets and the smell of sulfur doesn't chase you out of the hotel evertime someone takes a shower, I'm good.

• Member Contributer

What are the chances of there being a Red Roof Inn up there where you want to hold this thing? I have some free nights to use...

No such luck, sorry. :sad: Closest one is about an hour away.

I should have the motel sorted out this weekend, I'll keep you posted.

So Sebastian, you mean the deluxe digs you took Travis and me to has at last been ditched and you're surrendering to my

catering suggestion? I love it when a plan comes together LOL. I really wish I cold join you guys. Have fun !!!!!

• Member Contributer

Thinking about inviting my coworker with his r1. He would probably be in the sedate group.

Any objections?

• Member Contributer

Thinking about in sting my coworker with his r1. He would probably be in the sedate group.

Any objections?

Depends. Virtual V4 or stinky inline? :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Your B to C route runs right through my and Burns' backyards. :comp13:

How are those roads? Is that a decent route? What day are you guys heading up? We are trying to hit the Blue Ridge Parkway on the way up (Wednesday-Thursday) instead of on the way home Sunday...

Thoughts?

• Member Contributer

How are those roads? Is that a decent route? What day are you guys heading up? We are trying to hit the Blue Ridge Parkway on the way up (Wednesday-Thursday) instead of on the way home Sunday...

Thoughts?

Given how tired, sore and hung over you'll likely be, yeah - Sunday Slab.

The roads aren't wretched. They usually have some kind of construction going on I-81 through Schuylkill County. But, it looked all interstate, so, it's going to be a snooze-fest for ya.

I think we're planning a Thursday evening departure, staying in the Poconos that night, then shooting north in the morning.

• Member Contributer

Thoughts?

Given how tired, sore and hung over you'll likely be, yeah - Sunday Slab.

The roads aren't wretched. They usually have some kind of construction going on I-81 through Schuylkill County. But, it looked all interstate, so, it's going to be a snooze-fest for ya.

I think we're planning a Thursday evening departure, staying in the Poconos that night, then shooting north in the morning.

If you, boys need a place to stay in the Poconos, you're welcome to spend the night at my house there. It's in Howley, 20 minutes West of Port Jervis on i84

Lemme know.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for info on roads and the offer of a couch or cot. :fing02:

We should be able to finalize or general route in the next week or two...started to get excited.

new tires, new chain and sprockets, looking at some gps options, getting the scala g4 repaired...minicarver has new chain and sprockets, will need new tires by then, he is lusting after Freddie Spencer...or at least his Arai RX Q in Freddie Spencer colors...and we are looking at some soft luggage options or possibly a set of hard bags for one of the two bikes...i hate to lose my high mount though.

• Member Contributer

and we are looking at some soft luggage options or possibly a set of hard bags for one of the two bikes...i hate to lose my high mount though.

I'm looking into PL257 from GIVI, but I'd have to modify it for my high mount. I don't have my stock exhaust anymore, so low mount is not an option for me...

• Member Contributer

Thanks for info on roads and the offer of a couch or cot. :fing02:

We should be able to finalize or general route in the next week or two...started to get excited.

new tires, new chain and sprockets, looking at some gps options, getting the scala g4 repaired...minicarver has new chain and sprockets, will need new tires by then, he is lusting after Freddie Spencer...or at least his Arai RX Q in Freddie Spencer colors...and we are looking at some soft luggage options or possibly a set of hard bags for one of the two bikes...i hate to lose my high mount though.

CCarver..I have a set (actually 2 sets) of soft luggage options if you want to take a look. MiniC is welcomed to either. Oh yea..I got the new rear tire installed this weekend - right size this time :).

• Member Contributer

and we are looking at some soft luggage options or possibly a set of hard bags for one of the two bikes...i hate to lose my high mount though.

I'm looking into PL257 from GIVI, but I'd have to modify it for my high mount. I don't have my stock exhaust anymore, so low mount is not an option for me...

If you go the soft bag route, talk to Burns about his rig to keep the bags away from his high mount. Pretty slick.

I have space - between the E360's and the E45 for a few cases of beer. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

So screen name "finally" is Tom? Welcome!

I'll probably order some tires this week. If you (CornerCarver) don't have your local mount and balance guy available you're welcome to have MiniC's tires shipped to me and you guys can ride up after they arrive.

Now I just need to get my heated grips wired up! Maybe clean the bird poo off the fairing...

• Member Contributer

Correction: Tires now ordered. Missed the $200 Powers deal, though.

Ordered yet another pair of gloves. Be forewarned: $30 Bilt gloves from Cycle Gear not worth thirty bucks...

$20 Bilt gloves from CG also not worth twenty bucks... These were a better try, however. Just sized too small and no gauntlet to cover the sleeve cuffs. Breathe pretty nicely.

• Member Contributer

Ummm... Seb?

What's the status on finding a hotel/motel/no-tell? Prefer something with a fire pit... and non-stinky water. :)

• Member Contributer

New PR2CT rear ordered and on it's way...

Jeeze, when did Michelin turn into Harley with their product names?

LOL - that's the running gag in my family. My brother rides a "Flirkie" (Road King =FHLCI).

Archived