2011 Catskills Fall Ride - Heads up!

SEBSPEED

• Member Contributer

Will do! Hoping to hear from CornerCarver on whether or not he's going.

Well, It took minicarver and I almost 10 days to figure out how to weasel out of a wedding that is scheduled for that weekend...we have sufficiently pissed off everyone that may have wanted to see us at that wedding so ...

We are in...now, are we towing up or should I start a thread on how to make the 1100 miles without hitting the slab...should we leave on Wednesday morning? MiniCarver trying to paint his bike before we leave, I reccomend he find (or make) a seat more conducive to 10-12 hour days for the ride up and back. :fing02:

You mean to say that the 500 is running (properly) now?!? Sweet!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Well, It took minicarver and I almost 10 days to figure out how to weasel out of a wedding that is scheduled for that weekend...we have sufficiently pissed off everyone that may have wanted to see us at that wedding so ...

We are in...now, are we towing up or should I start a thread on how to make the 1100 miles without hitting the slab...should we leave on Wednesday morning? MiniCarver trying to paint his bike before we leave, I reccomend he find (or make) a seat more conducive to 10-12 hour days for the ride up and back. :fing02:

You mean to say that the 500 is running (properly) now?!? Sweet!

That's unlikely! :laughing6-hehe:

Plus MiniC has traded up to a proper VFR! :cool:

• Member Contributer

I'm in for whatever. If you tow and have room for a third I'll think about taking the RC. Or I can ride up on the VFR. I'm off all week, and home that Tuesday from Universal.

Only requirement from me is to be home Monday. Ideally mid day.

Kevin, Keith, for what it's worth, I'm really really stoked that you guys are considering coming up. It'll be really nice to see you guys twice in the same year!! :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

Kevin, Keith, for what it's worth, I'm really really stoked that you guys are considering coming up. It'll be really nice to see you guys twice in the same year!! :cheerleader:

:+1:

• Member Contributer

Damn. Now I HAVE to be there.

My marriage is busting at the seams.

I'll just say that it's my b-day present to myself :idea3:

• Member Contributer

Damn. Now I HAVE to be there.

My marriage is busting at the seams.

I'll just say that it's my b-day present to myself :idea3:

Thanks guys! Sincerely, that's nice to hear.

• Member Contributer

I guess we need to start planning our route, leaving ATL wednesday morning. :-)

What are the chances of there being a Red Roof Inn up there where you want to hold this thing? I have some free nights to use...

No such luck, sorry. :sad: Closest one is about an hour away.

I should have the motel sorted out this weekend, I'll keep you posted.

I'm going to give this the old college try to get to. I enjoyed getting abused by you bastages so much in May - that I'll try to pack up my best Strawberry outfit and get there for the festivities.

Besides - Corner Carver owes me a proper drink - something about that blender and his herbs still doesn't sit right with me - and this is as good a chance as any to collect! There will be a blender right?

And just so there is no confusion - there will be WHORES at this event - right?

:fing02::biggrin:

• Member Contributer
  • Member Contributer

I'm going to give this the old college try to get to. I enjoyed getting abused by you bastages so much in May - that I'll try to pack up my best Strawberry outfit and get there for the festivities.

Besides - Corner Carver owes me a proper drink - something about that blender and his herbs still doesn't sit right with me - and this is as good a chance as any to collect! There will be a blender right?

And just so there is no confusion - there will be WHORES at this event - right?

:fing02::biggrin:

w00t!

I was told there would be ... :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

What are the chances of there being a Red Roof Inn up there where you want to hold this thing? I have some free nights to use...

We gotta stay somewhere Wednesday night, either in West VA or Penn...they got any of them motel 6's with red roofs there?

• Member Contributer

We gotta stay somewhere Wednesday night, either in West VA or Penn...they got any of them motel 6's with red roofs there?

I know there's one in Harrisburg... Right on 81 I believe. MIGHT be one in Hershey also.. but don't hold me to that. Always have a pull-out bed and a couple couches availible too, if you'd prefer to go that route.

• Member Contributer

I know there's one in Harrisburg... Right on 81 I believe. MIGHT be one in Hershey also.. but don't hold me to that. Always have a pull-out bed and a couple couches availible too, if you'd prefer to go that route.

.........................oh boy. I'd be careful about those guys.:blink:

I want to be there but all I can do is a "maybe" for now. I should know by September if I can make it.

Cool, maybe the GA contingent can bike-pool (or share trailer space) up there.

Let me know what plans you end up with, I just might want to tag along if'ens u don't mind?

Low odds, but never know. :blush:

:beer:

Well, that would be great except I'm moving to Ohio in a week and a half :blink:

Also, on an unrelated note, perhaps Seb and the ride planners should be called Badger Ops: AFblues comic

Where in OH do you have the misfortune to be going? Be sure to join us at http://ohioriders.net/ after you arrive, lots of group rides going on. (there's a mandatory 200+ mi bike-sharing thing that we do for new arrivals.... :goofy: )

I need to look into this weekend abit - maybe I can combine with a quick visit to mom & dad in central MA...

• Member Contributer

I missed last year, so I'm hoping to get there this year. Penciled in on the calendar.

I want to be there but all I can do is a "maybe" for now. I should know by September if I can make it.

Cool, maybe the GA contingent can bike-pool (or share trailer space) up there.

Let me know what plans you end up with, I just might want to tag along if'ens u don't mind?

Low odds, but never know. :blush:

:beer:

Well, that would be great except I'm moving to Ohio in a week and a half :blink:

Also, on an unrelated note, perhaps Seb and the ride planners should be called Badger Ops: AFblues comic

Where in OH do you have the misfortune to be going? Be sure to join us at http://ohioriders.net/ after you arrive, lots of group rides going on. (there's a mandatory 200+ mi bike-sharing thing that we do for new arrivals.... :goofy: )

I need to look into this weekend abit - maybe I can combine with a quick visit to mom & dad in central MA...

Haha, the only bike sharing I do is with a hot girl on the back ;) except for that one time I let Seb lap the parking lot at the Franklin Motel...

I'm moving to Dayton to go to the AF school at Wright-Pat for a master's degree.

• Member Contributer

Just got a call from Honey Badgers manager....he has agreed to make an appearance at this event if we provide daily daquiries..STRAWBERRY DAQUIRIES....oh the humanity...(it'll be good to see you KK, first round is on me)

HB also wants to know if Seb has selected a hotel yet so he can plan for his meals on the way, he doesn't want to eat the snake, pass out and then wake up two days later in Latrobe having missed all of the fun.

Speaking of eating the snake, anyone seen Timmmmaaaaayyyyyyyyyy? Rumor has it there has been a run on Lincoln Logs on Ebay, the Feds are looking into allegations of hoarding...I hope he makes it to NY.

• Member Contributer

Haha, the only bike sharing I do is with a hot girl on the back ;) except for that one time I let Seb lap the parking lot at the Franklin Motel...

I'm moving to Dayton to go to the AF school at Wright-Pat for a master's degree.

Grats on getting in there. I was looking there too, but I'm only looking for an M.Eng. The man won't let me get my hands dirty if I have a MS.

• Member Contributer

I've never ridden with this group before, but I'd sure like to give it a try. Anyone else from the Western New York area planning on going?

I'm considering this. When would you be heading down?

• Member Contributer

First attempt at a route for the trip up and back from GA...

Ga to catskills route

Hey wait! You said you want to meet at Warwoman at 8:30, but you can't make it to Larwenceville by 11 on Sunday? LOL! OK...

What do I know, I've been up since 2.

Archived