2011 Catskills Fall Ride - Heads up!

SEBSPEED

As hot as it's been the last few days, my mind has been wandering towards cooler riding weather.... time to start planning the next Catskills Fall Ride!

Same weekend as usual, the week before Columbus Day, which falls on September 30, October 1, and October 2, 2011.

The hotel we've been using the last couple years has taken a turn for the worse, so we will not be returning there this year. I'm working on scouting out new places to stay and have a couple in mind already. Price may be higher, but the quality will also be 10 times better. (Let's see Trav and Becky try to break the headboard in this one, eh? :goofy: )

I'm excited about this year, with Brian's (midlifevfr) help we should be scheduling a catered dinner at least one night of the week along with some special ins at some state park locations if the weather works out.

As always there will be multiple ride groups, beer, food, great people, multiple route lengths to suit preferences and experience levels, great people, beer, an emphasis on fun and safety, and beer. :biggrin:

So get your day planners out and start penciling in your plans, hope to see ya there!

------------------------------------------------------------

Please find the lodging info here: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/68610-5th-annual-fall-ride-in-the-catskills-sept-30-oct-2/page__gopid__800044#entry800044

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

No comments in 13 hours :blink: Seb mentioned :beer: 3 times..........AND it will be a different motel :beatdeadhorse: !!!!

Is this thing on :computer-noworky: Surely there must be some interest !!

I'll see what theHonorable Chief Poop-on-yer-plans has to say about that weekend. She blocked leave for the 4th of July weelend, 2012 on July 5th, 2011.

• Member Contributer

I'd love to try and make it, riden nothing but slab since T-mac. But I'm training at work the week before and after that weekend. So that means I can't take the Friday or Monday off work.

But I know my brother wants to take off for weekend of riding. So maybe I can convince him to load up the toy haller and be ready for 6PM Friday night, we could be in the area before midnight.

• Member Contributer

Falls on the weekend of my n'th birthday...

We'll see how it works out.

Loved it the lasttime I was there.

Highly recommended!

• Member Contributer

I'm thinking about making a trip up there, but my work schedule may or may not complicate things. What day do folks typically wrap things up and head for home? Ride on Sunday and leave on Monday, or leave for home on Sunday?

CornerCarver, you heading up there?

I'm thinking about making a trip up there, but my work schedule may or may not complicate things. What day do folks typically wrap things up and head for home? Ride on Sunday and leave on Monday, or leave for home on Sunday?

Folks typically head home on Sunday morning.

• Member Contributer

Folks typically head home on Sunday morning.

Seems do-able :beer:

the Catskills ride is a really fun event. If you can make it, please do so. I even nammed my dog Catskill after I attended this here gala.

As an added plus......we can see Seb break out his coloured markers.

• Member Contributer

I'd like to go, but I don't have my kitchen pass stamped yet.

What kind of ride groups do you normally have? I'm a pretty relaxed rider (read: slow) so if this a hard core only thing, then I'm probably not a good match.

By when do we need to RSVP?

I'd like to go, but I don't have my kitchen pass stamped yet.

What kind of ride groups do you normally have? I'm a pretty relaxed rider (read: slow) so if this a hard core only thing, then I'm probably not a good match.

By when do we need to RSVP?

There will be scenic, intermediate, and fast groups. You'll find a good fit. This post was just to plant the seed, there will be info and sign up threads once we get the hotel, food, and routes ironed out.

• Member Contributer

Tell us Seb,

Did you send an invite to the Dirty Tattoo'd Lesbian Librarian? Tell her Yoshi is still single & won't make the trip unless she's there!!

Marking my calendar now and will wait for the proper time to get my kitchen pass signed... Fingers crossed I can make it again this year (sans the downpour on the ride out!)

• Member Contributer

the Catskills ride is a really fun event. If you can make it, please do so. I even nammed my dog Catskill after I attended this here gala.

....................................ugliest effin' dog ever..........................

I'm in. Things are pretty settled in my world. Unless soomething catastrophic happen, I'm in.

...............and no Dino I'm not rooming with you.:laughing6-hehe:

Brian....not to worry. this event is a sell out.:fing02:

....................................ugliest effin' dog ever..........................

she was a bit homely as a pup

catskill.jpg

but she grew up and blossomed and..........oh, never mind

n1224974224_304750_4217.jpg

at least I have ONE good looking dog:

n1224974224_304743_815.jpg

• Member Contributer

I can't believe Travis hasn't stopped in to make denial comments yet. :blink:

post-1632-0-06078500-1311601567_thumb.jp

Be it known that I wasn't even in the room, Beck was solo. :goofy:

My ex (Yay! It's official - finally after 2 years!!! whoohoo) has the kids that weekend, so Becky and I are IN!

Lobster - Not to worry, there are very sedate groups!

This group ride is a great time, beware those that cannot make it. We may just make fun of you (ahem, Timmy)

post-1632-0-37495000-1311601565_thumb.jp

2010 Catskills Ride Report Thread

I may need to spoon on a new rear tahr as my PR2 is down to the wear bars on the left side (damn crown in the road), and if the Friday is anything like... nevermind... no jinx!

• Member Contributer

I may need to spoon on a new rear

Quoted so that Timmy can comment before you change your wording. :laughing6-hehe:

...................yeah and your the first metro to notice it...........:fing02:

Quoted so that Timmy can comment before you change your wording. :laughing6-hehe:

...................yeah and your the first metro to notice it...........:fing02:

...spent enough time with you to grow an awareness for this type of thing... :ph34r:

• Member Contributer

...spent enough time with you to grow an awareness for this type of thing... :ph34r:

...........and here I thought it was because you didn't know where you were going...:mellow:

Archived