2011 Catskills Fall Ride - Heads up!

SEBSPEED

• Member Contributer

IN!

Warned she who must be obeyed that I will be AWOL that weekend. Any chance to get away from the constant smell of dirty diapers and baby vomit.

FREEDOM :bliss:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Any chance to get away from the constant smell of dirty diapers and baby vomit.

............oh yeah,Timmy can't make it huh.

• Member Contributer

I bet there will be a couple crews from south Jersey and The city headed up. If not I'll be stopping in Port Jervis and if need be Newburg on Friday afternoon. May try and get up there early enough to run the res. and up thru the park.

• Member Contributer

I bet there will be a couple crews from south Jersey and The city headed up. If not I'll be stopping in Port Jervis and if need be Newburg on Friday afternoon. May try and get up there early enough to run the res. and up thru the park.

Me and Burns were just talking about routes and timing. Thinking about doing the run up to your neck of the woods Thursday night (stopping in on me mum), then taking a scenic run to the Catskills on Friday.

• Member Contributer

Me and Burns were just talking about routes and timing. Thinking about doing the run up to your neck of the woods Thursday night (stopping in on me mum), then taking a scenic run to the Catskills on Friday.

I'll be riding on Friday and will definitely be available to lead the way .........or at least "point" the way ...........for people coming from south of the Catskills. There are plenty of great roads

in Orange, Sullivan and Ulster Counties.

• Member Contributer

Got room for a new guy on an old VF? I think I can actually make this! I am planning on bringing 'Frankenstein' if I can get it jetted proper by then...

:beer:

• Member Contributer

I want to be there but all I can do is a "maybe" for now. I should know by September if I can make it.

Cool, maybe the GA contingent can bike-pool (or share trailer space) up there.

• Member Contributer

Marked the calendar, but gotta see if the boss can give me the time off. Might just decide to go himself and leave me behind.

• Member Contributer

......sounds good. If you're actully allowed to go.:goofy:

I plan on making the ride for the first time. Let me know if anyone is riding up from North NJ (Morristown). I ride a 2005 and enjoyed spirited riding.

I've never ridden with this group before, but I'd sure like to give it a try. Anyone else from the Western New York area planning on going?

• Member Contributer

I've never ridden with this group before, but I'd sure like to give it a try. Anyone else from the Western New York area planning on going?

I am planning on going....Im about 75% sure I can go, just have to get a feel from my wifes reaction :blink: It's a great time with cool people so really want to make it!!

I want to be there but all I can do is a "maybe" for now. I should know by September if I can make it.

Let me know what plans you end up with, I just might want to tag along if'ens u don't mind?

Low odds, but never know. :blush:

I am planning on going....Im about 75% sure I can go, just have to get a feel from my wifes reaction :blink: It's a great time with cool people so really want to make it!!

Yea--gotta check with the "boss" here too--might be cool to have a group from this area riding down together

• Member Contributer

As hot as it's been the last few days, my mind has been wandering towards cooler riding weather.... time to start planning the next Catskills Fall Ride!

Same weekend as usual, the week before Columbus Day, which falls on September 30, October 1, and October 2, 2011.

The hotel we've been using the last couple years has taken a turn for the worse, so we will not be returning there this year. I'm working on scouting out new places to stay and have a couple in mind already. Price may be higher, but the quality will also be 10 times better. (Let's see Trav and Becky try to break the headboard in this one, eh? :goofy: )

I'm excited about this year, with Brian's (midlifevfr) help we should be scheduling a catered dinner at least one night of the week along with some special ins at some state park locations if the weather works out.

As always there will be multiple ride groups, beer, food, great people, multiple route lengths to suit preferences and experience levels, great people, beer, an emphasis on fun and safety, and beer. :biggrin:

So get your day planners out and start penciling in your plans, hope to see ya there!

After being a "man of Leisure" for the last 3 months I start a new job next week. Part of the package negotiations was getting several Fridays off, one to make this weekend. I am so looking forward to this. Slow group for me - I need to ride the VFR home in one piece.

Jack

"A mans got to know his limitations" Harry Callahan, Magnum Force

Let me know what plans you end up with, I just might want to tag along if'ens u don't mind?

Low odds, but never know. :blush:

Well, that would be great except I'm moving to Ohio in a week and a half :blink:

Also, on an unrelated note, perhaps Seb and the ride planners should be called Badger Ops: AFblues comic

Seb, when you get all the details hammered out pm me and I will put it on the homepage.

Will do HS.

I'm thinking of using Eventbrite this year as well, to possibly make things easier with the caterer.

• Member Contributer

Will do! Hoping to hear from CornerCarver on whether or not he's going.

Well, It took minicarver and I almost 10 days to figure out how to weasel out of a wedding that is scheduled for that weekend...we have sufficiently pissed off everyone that may have wanted to see us at that wedding so ...

We are in...now, are we towing up or should I start a thread on how to make the 1100 miles without hitting the slab...should we leave on Wednesday morning? MiniCarver trying to paint his bike before we leave, I reccomend he find (or make) a seat more conducive to 10-12 hour days for the ride up and back. :fing02:

Archived