Crossrunner Video

TexOz

• Member Contributer

Some strange Honda marketing - see the linky below - hope they didn't pay too much for this advertisement :mellow:

• Member Contributer

Regardless of the interpretation of the "art", I like this bike.

Yep ... I'm starting to warm to it too ... the bike that is, not the video! :happy:

I looked at the other vid's while I was on the link, apparently they don't have anything where it's going though it paces.... Kind of like a model, you can see'em walk down the runway, but not see how they live........

Nice looking bike though, also looks like the hand grips are higher.

and, if nothing else, we now have options for subframe modifications, exhaust choices and a new front fender if one wanted that option.

Hopefully this ad works so they sell a million of them in europe, so they can bring them here in 2012.

• Member Contributer

I like the crossover...better than the 7th gen.

But to me it looks like Honda said ..."What can we do with the 6th gen to remarket it?" looks like many, many parts from my VFR are on it. So maybe not so new just a rearrangement?

• Member Contributer

But to me it looks like Honda said ..."What can we do with the 6th gen to remarket it?" looks like many, many parts from my VFR are on it. So maybe not so new just a rearrangement?

Every car and bike manufacturer does it, start with a basic foundation and build several models on top of it. It's smart business and really the only way to maximize R&D budgets.

I kept repeating the first 5 seconds, just to see someone on the bike and to hear the engine noise. Cool video, though it makes no matter in my purchasing decision. I'd rather see HD video of the bike upclose.

Is this coming to the US or not? I can't tell from the forum or other websites.

Nozz

• Member Contributer

Yep, same here ... I know people are really digging their 7th Gens (and I'm happy for 'em) but for my limited $s it isn't even in the hunt.

While the crossrunner isn't exactly what I was hoping for, I don't think I've been this excited about a new bike release in years :cheerleader:

I reckon I could possibly be a future crossrunner owner! .... time will tell (and so will my wife :dry:).

Seems to be quite a lot of people who doubt that it will go to the US, I guess I can't believe Honda America would be so stupid to not release it in the States :mellow:

• Member Contributer

I like the commercial and the bike. If Honda brought it here I'd be a serious player for one. The ergonomics are what I've been trying to do to my 6th Gen since I got it... Want to have a V4; want true all-day comfort; want Honda reliability; I WANT THIS BIKE, HONDA!

• Member Contributer

Here's another crossrunner video which is a little more informative. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

That is the same guy that lead the veefalo design team.

I was surprised that it wasn't somebody from Japan :ph34r:

• Member Contributer

They are designing for the "large" motorcycle growth markets; Europe hence the European design teams.

Why would that surprise anybody?

Anyway it is more of a tweak of an existing design than a new introduction... Making the most of the investment in tooling (i.e., CASH COW)

Considering how much of this commercial's imagery comes from the US, i am very surprised that it isn't already coming to the US... i'd count of next year for sure.

• Member Contributer

Here's another crossrunner video which is a little more informative. :fing02:

The first video wasn't really interesting. Strictly from a video editing point it was a pretty neat idea. It didn't really do much for the bike though.

All I got from the second video was that they didn't design it agressively, and it's for people who like to have fun but are afraid of sharp edges or wolfman. There was something about a pontoon in there as well. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Holy hell, is that what my 6th-gen VFR engine sounds like to "others"?!!?

Wow, wearing earplugs 99% of rides has deadened me to the V4 sound :sad: I don't even hear my own bike's sexiness anymore...

• 1 month later...

Archived