Crossrunner Video

TexOz

• Member Contributer

Original idea? I don't think so

That was pretty cool.

Wonder how long it took to make.

9 seconds in there is a clear shot of kickstand

I saw it there, but the rider got off without putting it down first...

I noticed the same thing and I initally thought it was gonna be a commercial about how well balanced it was or some nonsense like that, boy was I wrong. :pissed: :squid: :blink:

9 seconds in there is a clear shot of kickstand

I saw it there, but the rider got off without putting it down first...

I noticed the same thing and I initally thought it was gonna be a commercial about how well balanced it was or some nonsense like that, boy was I wrong. :pissed: :squid: :blink:

The whole vid is full of time lapse and cuts, they are subtle in the beginning like the kickstand shot progressively getting more noticeable to set the "mood" for following animation, I'm no movie critic but I can see what they are trying to do.

• Member Contributer

Considering how much of this commercial's imagery comes from the US, i am very surprised that it isn't already coming to the US... i'd count of next year for sure.

Interesting comment - I went and looked at it again and the bike has been animated on the left side of the road which of course is normal in Oz. There's only a few western nations that have left side driving - Australia, UK, and NZ and of the three I think only Australia has an abundance of those arid/desert looking environs that you can see towards the end. But anyway, it makes me wonder why they wouldn't have made the ad more for the far bigger US and/or Continental Euro market with right side driving? Okay, right hemisphere thinkers will say that it's poetic license which is fine but isn't advertising all about getting people to identify with the product. Maybe there's some truth to the rumour that it won't make it to the US? Just thinkin out loud :mellow:

Archived