Powercommander for VFR1200f

• Member Contributer

Dropped off my 12' Manual just before the US GP in August, Two Brothers Pipe and Powercommander install was done in 2 days. almost 10 HP gain and 8 FTLB of Torque. No change to the ECM limitations of 1st and 2nd gear. Go see the Dyno sheets in the aftermarket and mods forum, they are posted under my screen name dadofseven.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dutch, a heads up on the possibility of having the 2012 map uploaded into a 2011 ECM would be much appreciated. For what I'm looking for, smoother low speed tractability, it would be a nearer, cheaper and easier solution than a PC V or similar.

Peter

In europe honda does the job. I will go to my dealer to get the 2012 map.

I'm in Europe (yes us Brits are Europeans :smile: ). I've heard nth hand that the 2012 ECM is different to the previous ECMs (I wonder if the T/C switch is the reason?) and that the 2012 map can't be downloaded onto the 2010/2011 ECM. As you are both knowledgeable in such matters and about to try to have this done I'd appreciate an update.

I spoke to my dealer today and he said he'd look into it.

Thanks

Peter

I don't know if you have noticed but Dynojet has two new maps on their website for VFR1200.

The new ones are:

"16-020-502 European model Akrapovic slip-on exhaust - no baffle Stock air filter Dynojet O2 eliminators fitted" and

"16-020-501 European model Stock exhaust Stock air filter Dynojet O2 eliminators fitted".

If you look at the adjustment values you see that these maps have a lot of minus figures especially at the low end. The earlier maps were just the opposite.

I tried the new map and the bike seemed to run much better on the low end and kind of "lighter". Also the fuel consumption is lower (as you would expect). There was no loss of power when comparing the maps with a map switch on the road.

I called Dynojet to ask what is the reason for so different map values. He first said that Europe has different fuel than US and that is why the map is different (Europe has normally 95-100 Octan fuel). But then he also said that lot of US users are also using these EU maps with good results. It seems that EU maps are just made by a different (EU) Dynojet tuning center. All the maps can be used both in US and EU. You just have to try which one feels better(??!).

One could think that 2012 maps are different to 2010 maps but it seems that they are recommending same maps for 2010-2012.

It maybe worth while to run a Dyno run to find out the truth. But then you are aiming just for max power. For me the behaviour at low end is as important. Luckily you can have both in this case if you want.

Edit: some typos fixed.

Short update to my earlier post. I run the bike in Dyno yesterday. The bike has BOS exhaust and the map was 16-020-502 which I had averaged a little (to get rid of the biggest ups and downs side by side). The O2 values were perfect with different throttle values and no loss of power at full throttle (the local Dyno has no possibility to run power values with different throttle values).

• 5 months later...

So i finally came back from deployment and got the PCV and K&N filter. Went to work on it today and man it was... interesting. Getting the plastics off wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be, had a little hiccup since I got the wrong manual [regular one, I got a DCT] so I had to figure out the right side on my own since clutch cover is different than reg model. Rising the tank to feed the cable under is annoying sice the screw is 11mm and my kobalt sae/metric set comes with 10 and than 12, my uncle has a mess in the garage so i ended up using a pipe wrench and vice grip combo. next was getting the radiator off, on the left by the ABS modulator the cable way has that annoying bolt stuck in the radiator top and the retainer thing on the top left [looking from the front of the bike] makes it difficult to slide off. Me being all logic started pulling at the wrong side of the o2 sensors and wondering why doesn't it want to come out... after looking over the manual and at the picture of kickstand switch connection [its right under the two o2 sensors] i figured it out, disconnected the sensors and spend some good 40 minutes fiddling with the caps trying to put them on. when that was done I replaced the air filter [that actually went pretty smooth] and wanted to upload a map for the VFR to the PCV, surprise surprise the cd I got doesn't have a VFR1200 map on it. i looked on dynojet website and they dont have one ether, i got pissed but figured since I got the PCV for vfr1200 it should have right map in already. So i put the radiator back and wanted to optest it, turned the key in, hit the switch and... nothing, i could hear the relay clicking but the starter wouldn't engage. I took everything apart again, set it back to stock except for the air filter and it still wouldn't work. i thought there may be a interlock somewhere preventing the start if the plastics are off, but i didn't want to risk it so i disconnected PCV and o2 sensor eliminators, put the whole thing back together and it still wouldn't start... I thought maybe I pinched a wire somewhere, ABS light was blinking after a few start tries [each time relay would chatter], i checked all of the fuses, than engine indicators and console stopped lighting up so I did the last thing that I could think of before smashing my head against a wall and I jump started it with my wife's CRV. Bike started no problem and worked like a charm. So lesson fot the future, always disconnect the battery and possibly put some tape on the connections to prevent accidental discharge. Now I have to take the bike all apart again and reconnect the PCV to see if it works with it or not.

Any one here has a two bros exhaust, PCV and K&N could possibly upload or email me a map for it? I would greatly appreciate it, after I'm done messing with the bike in a year or so, when all of the things I plan to put on it are in place I will probably have it dyno'ed but right now 100$+ with just three parts changed would be kind of a waste of money, not to mention I have to get new brake pads for the bike next week too.

• Member Contributer

Not sure about this whole thread, but I have a 2012, Powercommander, 2 Bro Slip on and a BZAAZ 1st and 2nd gear harness. I posted a lot of stuff regarding all 3 and the PC dyno sheets as well. Take a look. dyno jet in Ls Vegas did all the work, and ran the tests for free. Completely different bike. Especially the BZAAZ mods.

It only took me some hour and a half second time, everything works nice and smooth. Idle is little slower and less erratic plus going faster in low gears is A LOT smoother, I can go 40 in 2nd gear without feeling like I'm just doing lots of noise. Like I said, I'm waiting with geting it dyno'ed till I'm done messing with it, I keep finding more and more cool things I want to put on/swap right now so untill I think I'm done it would be a little pointless. I got the two bros/stock air filter map off dyno jet website, no clue why it wouldnt show up before.

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone:

I have a new VFR 1200 that I have just installed the PCV and a BMC air filter. I have a DAM exhaust that should be here in a week or two. I have been on the Powercommander Web site and they only list 7 maps for the VFR and most are with the stock air filter. Is there anywhere else to download other maps from? I plan to get my bike dyne tuned in the next few months, but was hoping I could download a map to get me close.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure about this whole thread, but I have a 2012, Powercommander, 2 Bro Slip on and a BZAAZ 1st and 2nd gear harness. I posted a lot of stuff regarding all 3 and the PC dyno sheets as well. Take a look. dyno jet in Ls Vegas did all the work, and ran the tests for free. Completely different bike. Especially the BZAAZ mods.

I would have though your '12 doesn't need the 1st-2nd gear Bazzazz timing retard fix.

• Member Contributer

Hi Everyone:

I have a new VFR 1200 that I have just installed the PCV and a BMC air filter. I have a DAM exhaust that should be here in a week or two. I have been on the Powercommander Web site and they only list 7 maps for the VFR and most are with the stock air filter. Is there anywhere else to download other maps from? I plan to get my bike dyne tuned in the next few months, but was hoping I could download a map to get me close.

Thanks in advance.

On Hondas going to an aftermarket filter doesn't yield any real gains, and in some gains causes a reduction in HP. Just ditch that aftermarket filter until you can get it tuned.

• 1 year later...

I have a stock air filter with DAM exhaust. Does anybody know if the 2 Brothers or Jardine map would work better in my case?

Hi mate, I have stock air and Dam with decatted pipe and dynoed, you are welcome to a copy of this.

• Member Contributer

I have a PCV, with TWO BROS Slip on and BZAAZ 1st and 2nd gear plug. 157 HP at the rear.......88TQ......dynoed by Dyno Jet out of Las Vegas. They have the Maps as well.

Thanks guys. I was able to get ahold of crazybrother who has the same setup as I. It sounds like the map Don provided him works very well and I will try and go with the same map... Don just has to freaking call me. I'm trying to cut him some slack since it's spring and I can only assume he is slammed with work. I DID confirm that my ECU was delivered so that is a load off my mind. I have to wait until it warms up a little before I out the bike back together anyways.... Cold plastic cracks and I don't want to run that risk with my tupperware.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Forum Fiend

I’m in the same boat, have emailed (received a generic reply) and called from Australia.

I left my number with Bud but no reply.

Can others help regards no PCV for a 2013 VFR1200?? So clearly Don G would not have a map.

All I am trying to find out what map can be loaded for a 2013 with a decat, or if he actually has a map before I post 5000 Ks.

I no it’s possible he may have dynoed my model but cannot find out…what to do??? :sad2:

I would always recommend a custom map made for your bike, or use an autotune, or both. Every bike is different.

Yes I would love a custom map.

But not able to buy a PCV for a 2013 VFR1200F unless you guys have heard different. :wacko:

Thanks IS, as you can see no PCV listed for my 2013 year model, just a PCFC.

I was wondering if the PCV listed for the 2012 would work?????? Mine has the traction control and different looking exhaust.

Archived