Powercommander for VFR1200f

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a VFR1200f with a highmount Akrapovic applied. I want to have the fueling right. When is a powercommander available ?

I contacted Powercommander last week. They told me they were working through proprietary discussions with Honda on the development of the connectors and were in the process of developing the unit. He estimated 6 months or so before it will be available.

I have a VFR1200f with a highmount Akrapovic applied. I want to have the fueling right. When is a powercommander available ?

I contacted Powercommander last week. They told me they were working through proprietary discussions with Honda on the development of the connectors and were in the process of developing the unit. He estimated 6 months or so before it will be available.

Thanks for the information :)

I hope they come up with a solution for throttle mapping so we can get the damn butterflys to open in the first 2 gears.

I hope they come up with a solution for throttle mapping so we can get the damn butterflys to open in the first 2 gears.

I don't know what this "first two gears" thing is all about. My 12 goes like stink in 1st and 2nd

• Member Contributer

Is there an issue to be addressed by PC?

What gives?

I don't know what this "first two gears" thing is all about. My 12 goes like stink in 1st and 2nd

And hopefully we can get rid off the speedlimiter.

Hey ya, that would be really cool :biggrin:

I remember when the Aprilia Milles came out and you could get your dealer to install a new chip that upped the performance same as the European versions had. It's just a matter of time before the potential of the 1200 is fully uncorked. Aftermarket can, K&N, unrestricted electronics. It'll be fun to hear the reports as they come in.

My thoughts exactly.

Mine to and 3rd and 4th also.

Don't hold your breath. Aprilia RSV4 owners are still waiting on Dynojet's PC V, more than 18 months since that bike's first introduction. BPD has since stepped up to the plate with their all-in-one fuelling, quickshifter and traction control controller, with on-the-fly adjustments via two switches mounted on the handlebar: zfi.jpg0803_sbkp_18_z+2007_suzuki_gsx_r1000+traction_control_fuel_mapping.jpg <BR><BR><A href="http://www.bazzaz.net/bz1/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=38&Itemid=181">http://www.bazzaz.net/bz1/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=38&Itemid=181</A>

How does your VFR run with the AK pipe and stock EFI? That's the pipe I'm thinking about getting. Any installation issues? Thanks. Ride safe.

How does your VFR run with the AK pipe and stock EFI? That's the pipe I'm thinking about getting. Any installation issues? Thanks. Ride safe.

Installation is simple. Akra supplies very good instruction documentation. Quality is very good The exhausts fits very easy. Riding is much smoother. Espesialy in the 3000 -4000 rpm region. ( baffle out )

Please also check http://www.akrapovic.com/motorcycle-exhaust/products/honda/model/vfr-1200f-2010/slip-on-021200582f/

Talked to DynoJet sales rep in the US and he states that they have a new VFR in the back room but no date for release as yet. I called Fuel Moto, a big Power Commander reseller, who states that DynoJet tells them that is is scheduled for release on July 16th. Hope that is true but won't hold my breath!

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to DynoJet sales rep in the US and he states that they have a new VFR in the back room but no date for release as yet. I called Fuel Moto, a big Power Commander reseller, who states that DynoJet tells them that is is scheduled for release on July 16th. Hope that is true but won't hold my breath!

Looks like some vendors are selling the PC-V for the 1200 online now. I've contacted one of the vendors to see if they are just taking pre-orders, with no real delivery date in sight.

They said they are in fact pre-orders, but they are expecting units on their shelves by the end of the month! :fing02:

EDIT: Still no PCV in sight. Apparently Fuel Moto was blowing smoke up my ass when they told me they were in the mail.

• 1 month later...

Did the AK fit directly to the end of the header pipe? Did the hardware/fasteners come with from AK? Did the stock flapper cable attach?

How is the sound? Performance?

post-20539-007624300 1278706504_thumb.jp

Did the AK fit directly to the end of the header pipe? Did the hardware/fasteners come with from AK? Did the stock flapper cable attach?

Yes the Akra fitted very easy on the stock header pipe. All fitting stuff is with tthe akra. Sound is on the loud side when db killer is removed. With the db killer fitted the sound is OK.

Performance increase is best notticed when db killer is removed. The torque dip between 3000 and 4 K rpm is gone. But also acceleration in the higher rpm zone is smoother.

With the db killer present the torque low down is still better then stock but the dip is still there but smaller.

For fitting details please check http://www.akrapovic.com/typo3conf/ext/user_products/mod1/uploads/products/slip_on_street_legal_exhaust_system_for_the_honda_vfr_1200_f_2010_/nav_494y_honda_vrf1200f_10_so_t.pdf

I've been in contact with DynoJet as well, offered them my bike for R&D if needed...

I was told that the sub-connector for the VFR1200's throttle bodies is new and apparently proprietary to Honda. Until they figure out how they're gonna deal with it, things aren't progressing very quickly. I would guess that Honda made some "new" bits for their Throttle-By-Wire system.

Yes the Akra fitted very easy on the stock header pipe. All fitting stuff is with tthe akra. Sound is on the loud side when db killer is removed. With the db killer fitted the sound is OK.

Performance increase is best notticed when db killer is removed. The torque dip between 3000 and 4 K rpm is gone. But also acceleration in the higher rpm zone is smoother.

With the db killer present the torque low down is still better then stock but the dip is still there but smaller.

For fitting details please check http://www.akrapovic.com/typo3conf/ext/user_products/mod1/uploads/products/slip_on_street_legal_exhaust_system_for_the_honda_vfr_1200_f_2010_/nav_494y_honda_vrf1200f_10_so_t.pdf

THANKS FOR THE INFO! MUCH APPRECIATED! Ride safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was searching for VFR1200 gears from a local webshop here in Finland.

This popped up PC-V VFR1200

They didn't have any in stock but they had a price for it (385 Euros).

I tried to find more details with the code KNN-16-020 but could find anything.

-J-

Archived