Powercommander for VFR1200f

Cars do have this issue. They surge and lurch at steady throttle at low rpms. But we don't drive cars the way we ride bikes... we don't have the same connection.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys,

I'm after some PC-V maps for my 1200, I have a Two-Brothers carbon M5 slip-on and stock filter....if anybody has a map or two to suit I'd be much abliged if you could email me one.

Cheers,

Smithy.

Hi Guys,

I'm after some PC-V maps for my 1200, I have a Two-Brothers carbon M5 slip-on and stock filter....if anybody has a map or two to suit I'd be much abliged if you could email me one.

Cheers,

Smithy.

Dynojet has the map you requested for download on their website. I use the same with 2 bros and stock air filter, and she runs great. cheers.

Dynojet has the map you requested for download on their website. I use the same with 2 bros and stock air filter, and she runs great. cheers.

Thanks rlinder,

I found and downloaded the map, I'm using the "Juice Box Pro" which is compatible with the PC-V, I think the map already loaded into the Juice Box and the PC-V map are the same..... won't have a chance to ride the bike until the weekend though. Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

Smithy.

Guest NL187

As of Saturday at the local Honda shop

Power commander is available with atleast 4 different maps. Plus the ability to go online and download more for the vfr1200

Power commander is available with atleast 4 different maps. Plus the ability to go online and download more for the vfr1200

Hi All,

I could only find 4 maps for the VFR1200f on the power commander site. I'm looking for a map for a stock airfilter and a DAM Exhaust. Also I have been reading the various sites, and i wonder if the installation of the PCV does the 1st gear, 2nd gear derestriction, from my test riding, I assume not. I installed one on the weekend, no problems with the install. At the moment, i am still completely stock. The DAM should arrive next week. The PCV seems to have made an improvement to the snatchiness of 1st gear, and a smoother 2nd. I am hoping the new exhaust will improve 1st gear smoothness. But overall it is an improvement. Still not as smooth as the old Blackbird though.

Cheers

Seddo

The PC V does not fix the 1st and 2nd gear detune. I just rewired my 1st and 2bd gears, and just ordered a PC V. WIll post the results next week probably,

Hi All,

I could only find 4 maps for the VFR1200f on the power commander site. I'm looking for a map for a stock airfilter and a DAM Exhaust. Also I have been reading the various sites, and i wonder if the installation of the PCV does the 1st gear, 2nd gear derestriction, from my test riding, I assume not. I installed one on the weekend, no problems with the install. At the moment, i am still completely stock. The DAM should arrive next week. The PCV seems to have made an improvement to the snatchiness of 1st gear, and a smoother 2nd. I am hoping the new exhaust will improve 1st gear smoothness. But overall it is an improvement. Still not as smooth as the old Blackbird though.

Cheers

Seddo

The PC V does not fix the 1st and 2nd gear detune. I just rewired my 1st and 2bd gears, and just ordered a PC V. WIll post the results next week probably,

Hi All,

Cheers

Seddo

Hi Alang,

Did you find that 1st and 2nd smoothed out at all with the derestrcition? Look forward to hearing after your road test.

Cheers

Seddo

any reason to try to remove the o2 sensors and plug the bung in the pipe?

No not really, but it wouldn't hurt to remove them and plug the holes....the supplied O2 eliminator harness plugs have resistors fitted so basically the original O2 sensors just go along for the ride.

In reality the PC-V and Juice Box Pro should come with plugs for the O2 bungs but I suspect it's just a cost they didn't want.

Cheers,

Smithy.

I went ahead and pulled them off the bike. Went to Home Depot and bought 2 12mm bolts, but turns out the thread pitch is wrong.

I went ahead and pulled them off the bike. Went to Home Depot and bought 2 12mm bolts, but turns out the thread pitch is wrong.

Be sure to let us know when you find out what the actual thread size/pitch is....! I'm guessing it may be either 1.25mm or 1.5mm pitch??

Cheers,

Smithy.

M12x1.25mm pitch . The shortest they had was 25mm; I added a few thick washers to help pull it out of the exhaust flow, Maybe that doesn't matter, but what the heck.

Be sure to let us know when you find out what the actual thread size/pitch is....! I'm guessing it may be either 1.25mm or 1.5mm pitch??

Cheers,

Smithy.

There is a local shop that said he could do a custom map for $350 with once I get all of my mods. Thats not including the power commander. Says it takes 2-3 hours.

Is it worth the money?

There is a local shop that said he could do a custom map for $350 with once I get all of my mods. Thats not including the power commander. Says it takes 2-3 hours.

Is it worth the money?

My view for what its worth, is that it depends on what you want the mapping to do and/or how good a rider you are. On the 1200 it may well be worth it if you want to smooth out the throttle response perfectly, and to that end it probably doesn't matter how good a rider you are. If on the other hand, you want to get the maximum power or performance, I would say that it depends entirely on how good a rider you are. I had a blackbird with a PCIII, and had several maps. I found very little difference in them except for the track day custom map I got from someone on one of the forums. It was a little sharper, and chewed through fuel like you wouldn't believe.

I have just installed my PCV, and it makes a difference, but not as much as I thought. i hope the DAM exhaust helps more, and then when it is out of warranty, i will try the 1st 2nd gear mod. Having said all that, I am inclined to want to get a map that smoothes the whole thing out. having come from the Blackbird, the lack of smoothness is the one thing that annoys me. But i think it is fixable.

cheers

Seddo

I have just installed my PCV, and it makes a difference, but not as much as I thought. i hope the DAM exhaust helps more, and then when it is out of warranty, i will try the 1st 2nd gear mod. Having said all that, I am inclined to want to get a map that smoothes the whole thing out. having come from the Blackbird, the lack of smoothness is the one thing that annoys me. But i think it is fixable.

cheers

Seddo

Hey Seddo,

I've just installed a Juice Box Pro along with a Two Brothers M5 V.A.L.E. Carbon pipe on my DCT. Using the map supplied by Two Brothers it has made a big difference to my bike, the low rpm and small throttle response is much smoother/better and the engine seems to pull smoother and a little harder in the mid-range than stock also, the 1st-2nd gear hole is still there but this is a function of the original ECU...fuel consumption is pretty much the same as before so I've not lost anything there but gained enormously in the "rideability" of the bike, I can ride around the roundabouts now without all the jerking I was experiencing before and low speed riding is much more acceptable. That big V4 sound is damn nice too, especially when the engine see's in excess of 6k rpm.!

I downloaded the PC-V map from Dynojet for the Two Brothers pipe and stock filter and compared it to the one in the Juice Box Pro on my computer, they're pretty much identical..! The PC-V and Juice Box are both made by Dynojet so I guess this makes sense. I'm assuming Two Brother's have taken a licence from Dynojet to produce the Juice Box Pro.

With the Juice Box Pro, I really like the way you can pull up on the side of the road, remove the seat and with a quick twist of a small Phillips screwdriver, select any one of 10 possible onboard maps....and also make small +or - 10% adjustments to each of the low-mid and high range fuel flows for each map....a real good "seat of the pants" tuning facility.....I'm going to exploit this as much as I can and hopefully come up with a few different maps to suit my bike setup and riding preferences.

I don't have experience with the PC-V but I suspect they're similar??.

Cheers,

Smithy.

Oh well ordered pcv last night for my vfr1200. It's been 24hrs now where is that damn UPS truck?

Got the pcv wed. got it installed today and loaded the map for twobros. exhaust and stock air filter. I have twobros exhaust and k&n air filter. Road it about 1/4 mi. down the road with the plastic still off and yes it did seam much better at low speed fueling. I hope to button it up try more this weekend. Should I put the stock air filter back in before I button it up with this map?

Thanks for any help with this decision

Oh well ordered pcv last night for my vfr1200. It's been 24hrs now where is that damn UPS truck?

Got the pcv wed. got it installed today and loaded the map for twobros. exhaust and stock air filter. I have twobros exhaust and k&n air filter. Road it about 1/4 mi. down the road with the plastic still off and yes it did seam much better at low speed fueling. I hope to button it up try more this weekend. Should I put the stock air filter back in before I button it up with this map?

If you already have the K&N installed, then I'd just leave it in. Prob not gonna make to big a difference using the K&N vs the OEM with the map from Dynojet. I wouldnt mind getting a K&N but I don't feel like ripping all the plastic off again :huh:

If you already have the K&N installed, then I'd just leave it in. Prob not gonna make to big a difference using the K&N vs the OEM with the map from Dynojet. I wouldnt mind getting a K&N but I don't feel like ripping all the plastic off again :huh:

Thanks all, yea think I will leave k&n air filter in prob. not much difference. Maybe dynojet will have a map for this setup before to long. Anyways throttle response at low rpm is so much smoother, pcv is A good improvement to a bike that is great as is.

BMC air filter, PC V w/2bros map (Leo Vince slip on) and rewire 1st and 2nd gears. Really happy now; bike runs really smooth with no lag, bog or surging.

Also removed evap cannister and PAIR system.

Thanks all, yea think I will leave k&n air filter in prob. not much difference. Maybe dynojet will have a map for this setup before to long. Anyways throttle response at low rpm is so much smoother, pcv is A good improvement to a bike that is great as is.

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up dropping the radiator to get to the O2 plugs. Then pulled them off the bike entirely.

The local nuts and bolts shop cut me two 12mm 1.25 bolts to about 1/2" and I slipped them right in.

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

Now I just have to take it to the race track and let my dyno guy do his magic. The only thing is, I'd really like to wait for the Z-Bomb or equivalent to come out so we can map 1st and 2nd gears at the same time.

Archived