Powercommander for VFR1200f

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can an owner look at their bike and tell how many wires is coming off the gear switch here? This might just be the neutral switch is why i ask.

Parts Fiche

Please look in this topic http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/63159-how-to-remove-power-limitations-1st-and-2nd-gear/page__p__739599#entry739599

i have posted the scemetics.

Good news:

I just spoke with Powercommander, they are finished with my bike. Between the Jardine exhaust and their interface box, there is 9 hp. more than stock. Jardine had said that their pipe dynoed @ +7 over stock alone.

The bike has not yet been to K&N for the filter treatment.

The bad news: Honda has not given permission for Powercommander to have access to the harness plug parts that would make this installation quick and easy (seat removal only). Instead, they had to tear deep into the bike to access the injector plugs (which apparently are the same as the GSXR). It was a major PITA, and not for the average "Joe". For those brave souls that wish to tackle the project, they will make all they have available for purchase. No price as yet (if ever). I told them I would certainly help with any Honda confrontation since Honda USA is about an hour's ride away from me.

For now, this is the one-and-only. Don't fall for any claims that someone has a Powercommander V for this bike at all, but it's not a dead issue yet.

No, I haven't ridden it yet, I have to go after it first.

Good news:

I just spoke with Powercommander, they are finished with my bike. Between the Jardine exhaust and their interface box, there is 9 hp. more than stock. Jardine had said that their pipe dynoed @ +7 over stock alone.

The bike has not yet been to K&N for the filter treatment.

The bad news: Honda has not given permission for Powercommander to have access to the harness plug parts that would make this installation quick and easy (seat removal only). Instead, they had to tear deep into the bike to access the injector plugs (which apparently are the same as the GSXR). It was a major PITA, and not for the average "Joe". For those brave souls that wish to tackle the project, they will make all they have available for purchase. No price as yet (if ever). I told them I would certainly help with any Honda confrontation since Honda USA is about an hour's ride away from me.

For now, this is the one-and-only. Don't fall for any claims that someone has a Powercommander V for this bike at all, but it's not a dead issue yet.

No, I haven't ridden it yet, I have to go after it first.

The injector plugs aren't too bad to get at. Take off the tank cover, take off the airbox... voila.

Will the PCV have an autotune that ties into the O2 sensors?

I'm assuming so, but I'll be getting more details from Chris when I pick it up.

They did ask permission to weld an O2 sensor bung into it for the dyno testing. It won't be visible outside the bodywork.

Now the wait is gonna kill me; I don't have a free weekday until the 25th.

They did ask permission to weld an O2 sensor bung into it for the dyno testing. It won't be visible outside the bodywork.

Any news from powercommander ? What are the bennefits from the PCV ?

From what I understand so far is that I'll have 9 more horsepower between it and the Jardine pipe. I won't know about mileage impact until I go for several runs after I get it back from Vegas this week. I'm sure there will be a penality for more horsepower.

From what I understand so far is that I'll have 9 more horsepower between it and the Jardine pipe. I won't know about mileage impact until I go for several runs after I get it back from Vegas this week. I'm sure there will be a penality for more horsepower.

Any news from powercommander ? How much HP did you gain ?

I have 9, just lke they said; two from the Commander, seven from the Jardine.

Idle has smoothed out and the flat spot seems to be gone. I won't know about mileage until my right wrist settles down for a long cruise. I jumped on the freeway yesterday and had to back out of 102! It's accelerating as fast as my old CBR1000RR. :fing02:

bikepics-2086404-full.jpg

Congratulations on being the first to have a PC for this bike.

Can you tell me if you notice a difference in the 3k - 4k throttle performance? Is the "snatchy" throttle syndrome gone that drives me crazy in city driving?

Don

Idle has smoothed out and the flat spot seems to be gone. I won't know about mileage until my right wrist settles down for a long cruise. I jumped on the freeway yesterday and had to back out of 102! It's accelerating as fast as my old CBR1000RR. :fing02:

bikepics-2086404-full.jpg

Don't know about the snatchy throttle yet, gotta have some traffic first..

I rode it from Elsinore to Carlsbad via the 15 / 76 / College Blvd. The return trip was about the same (with a side trip).

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I topped off last week before coming home from work (San Diego to Lake Elsinore) via I-15 in 5 pm traffic. With some street riding to get out of Point Loma, some slow sections and lane splitting, and fast sections on the freeway (honestly, I kept the speed down), I topped it off again at my destination.

44 mpg over an 80 mile trip with a Power Commander and a Jardine pipe! :cheerleader:

thats awesome milage. glad to hear it didnt go down at all with the pc. did it wind up eliminating the 1st and second gear restrictions? or the topspeed limiter? thanks

thats awesome milage. glad to hear it didnt go down at all with the pc. did it wind up eliminating the 1st and second gear restrictions? or the topspeed limiter? thanks

No it did not. Only modify the fueling.

.. and I'm not that crazy or even the slightest bit brave in trying to find out.. I like all my body parts right where they are and in good working order.

It pulls strong and hard, just like my 06 CBR1000 RR, but I'll not turn it loose on the street.

Maybe someday when I take it to a track.

Like Dutchy said, just the fuel mapping.

these guys have mastered the art of de-restricting the factory ecu's limitations. maybe theyll crack the vfr1200's ecu one day...

http://www.jetttuning.com/ecunleashed_

the 2009 and up US model r1's have a throttle by wire limitation that closes the throttles to 80% at about ten grand and up. effectively cutting the euro model's 160 rwhp to the us model's 145 rwhp.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't in particular need the map but if you have the PC-V software on a lap top computer " to take to the bike" and can pull the existing map out of the unit and email it to me ---- i would be very interested in seeing it.

I can walk you through how to "get" the "map" if needed.

Unfortunately, they only gave me the installed system on the bike, no accessories. Eventually, I'd like to go purchase the interface kit. If you have one, your welcome to do a "mind-meld" if you're in the neighborhood.

Thanks much for the reply but unfortunately my USB cable and lap top are about 1500 miles from your neighborhood <grin>

The free downloadable software is on the PC site . Just need the cable to communicate with the PC-V as a FWIW .

I will make my map available soon however it won't be very close to optimum for stock, unmodified engines.

PS

I really like these bikes !.

None of the information is likely to appear on the site. Call this guy for the details:

Chris Kelly

Dynojet Research

2191 Mendenhall Dr. Suite 105

North Las Vegas, NV 89081

1-800-992-4993

None of the information is likely to appear on the site. Call this guy for the details:

Chris Kelly

Dynojet Research

2191 Mendenhall Dr. Suite 105

North Las Vegas, NV 89081

1-800-992-4993

I believe you are misunderstanding my comments about the software you were talking about wanting to purchase is actually on PC's website for free as a download. You just need one cable to be able to communicate to the PC with a lap top after downloading the software that usually comes on a disc with the PC unit.

See this link - you can still tweek your existing map for whatever reason - say addition of functional ram air for instance <grin>

PC-V software - Firmware

I have spoke with Chris and know your PC-V has been modified internally.

Thanks anyway .

Archived