VFR clutch cover question(all gens) - how to add a window

SEBSPEED

Question

So, I've been thinking about a mod, but need to figure something out before I know if it will work. I haven't looked in the manual yet, figured someone here might save me 5min of looking.

Does any part of the clutch put pressure against the center of the clutch cover, where it covers the clutch?

I have a couple spare clutch covers for different years of VFRs, and the mod I'm thinking of is:

2l9ntas.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

Obviously, if some part of the clutch needs to push on the cover, this won't work. I don't think anything does, but, you never know. I'm pretty sure the pushrod that's activated by the clutch slave from the other side of the motor just pushes on the inside of the pressure plate, but looking at the inside of one of the covers it almost looks like part of it is there to keep the pressure plate from over extending.

What say you?

• Answers 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This mod is good for the 6th gens in that when the fairings are put back on, there is alot more of the window showing than on the 5th gens. Also for future 5th gens: you need a spacer for at least the center fairing mount. I put a 2mm nylon collar between the bracket and the inside of the fairing and it placed the fairing 1mm away from the window ring.

You should have heard Seb's long painful sigh when he learned that the clutch hub was now flat black ! Success!!!!! :idea3:

..and some lucky bastage will get this cover, infused with Yellow Peril JuJu, Timmy Grooviness, greasy fingerprints and an autograph.

Lucky, lucky personage.

IMG_1420.jpg

Still waiting on a couple of parts, but I figured she was done enough to show. New bar-ends, mirrors, and a matching tailbag should be here Mon or Tue... Anyway- here's pics of my RWB with the briliant blue powercoated pressure plate.

WP_000607.jpg

looks toight, but dont get carried away...blue is not the new black.

You're sure about that?... Cuz if that's true, than you'd make your frame all black & sexy too.....

LIKE MINE!

What's this mod run? I have a rashed up cover..

$250 plus shipping both ways. More if you want it painted, and/or if you want the weld blended in. Cost is in line with that of a new cover, if that helps.

Thank you for asking!

What's this mod run? I have a rashed up cover..

$250 plus shipping both ways. More if you want it painted, and/or if you want the weld blended in. Cost is in line with that of a new cover, if that helps.

Thank you for asking!

You do great work!

However, that is definitely not "Jerish"-friendly..

mccainlady.jpg

• Member Contributer

You do great work!

I don't get the reference. If that's a suggestion that he's charging too much, I can guarantee that he isn't.

You do great work!

I don't get the reference. If that's a suggestion that he's charging too much, I can guarantee that he isn't.

Nah.. he's not charging too much.

It's just too much for me..

The reference was to a SNL skit where the "Crazy McCain Lady" said Obama was "Jerish" [Jewish].

And I was poking fun of myself for being super cheap and not being able to afford that.. even though I want it soo good.

Archived