Can't Find Pr2's Anywhere In 120/70-17

Guest SixSpeedSquirrel

Guest SixSpeedSquirrel

I will need to replace both my front and rear tires on my 91 VFR, but I can't seem to find any major online retailers that have the 120/70-17 front tire in stock. I checked Dennis Kirk, Bike Bandit, Motorcycle Superstore, and RevZilla.

I found one website that may have them, www.stdreams.com, but their website does not really give any details on availability.

Any suggestions? Referrals?

Rear... 10 in stock... part# 543359....Go to page 2.... $ 166

For the front out.... but order it.... they get them in quick....

Just a suggestion .... order a tire each time you mount a new one..... always have one on hand....

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/cmn/prod...equestid=124232

front.

http://www.americanmototire.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=3787

• Member Contributer

I just got some PR1's at Cycle Gear, they are currently having a 20% off sale. They list the Pilot Road 2 Front 120/70/17 HERE for $137 I know it's a couple bucks more than the link above but they had them instock at my local store so shipping was not an issue. Another source anyway.

Just run the Pilot Power front instead; makes for a super combo!

:happy:

That's what I'm doing, working out great.

%201.gif This is my current set-up also, 3rd set! +1.gif

• Member Contributer

If you can't find a 120/70, go with a 120/60. I did that many years ago with mine when I was racing and haven't switched back. I even went to a 60 profile on my CBRXX.

I will need to replace both my front and rear tires on my 91 VFR, but I can't seem to find any major online retailers that have the 120/70-17 front tire in stock. I checked Dennis Kirk, Bike Bandit, Motorcycle Superstore, and RevZilla.

I found one website that may have them, www.stdreams.com, but their website does not really give any details on availability.

Any suggestions? Referrals?

Yes, Derby Cycles has plenty of these, and other sizes, in stock. Not only is it listed on the web site, but I called and confirmed their stock on this size and one other.

And at great prices, too.

The 120/70ZR-17 is $123.00 plus shipping from KY.

I just ordered a 120/70ZR-17 front *AND* a 180/55ZR-17 rear, and the TOTAL shipping to MI was only $14.88.

http://www.derbycycles.com/cgi-bin/eShop/i...lin&count=1

• Member Contributer
If you can't find a 120/70, go with a 120/60. I did that many years ago with mine when I was racing and haven't switched back. I even went to a 60 profile on my CBRXX.

Only do this if the tire is made for that width of rim, otherwise it will alter the profile dramatically in a not so good way. I would assume 120/60/17's would be fine, but you want to make sure.

The difference in height and therefore front/rear balance as well as rake/trail is something to consider, but won't be nearly as drastic as wheel profile.

• Member Contributer

I got one in my garage leaning up against a support post you can have for $900..... :blink: :biggrin:

Seriously, I hope you solve this strange problem. I always thought it weird that people with money in hand have trouble spending it to get what they want sometimes. :rolleyes:

Archived