My Solo Cross Country Trip....

• Member Contributer

I have been planning a solo trip to the west coast now for a few years... well i finally had the time,bike,setup,funds.... etc.... so my journey began on Aug 11th... I left small town Ontario ans headed west.... all in all i crossed Michigan,Illinois,Minnesota,Wisconsin,South Dakota,Wyoming,Montana... I then crossed the border back into Canada and Crossed Alberta and British Columbia... My return trip took me across British Columbia,Alberta,Saskatchewan,Manitoba and a good portion of ontario to home..

All in all i did fifteen thousand kilometers solo in 18 days... with about 5 total days off the bike in B.C. First off i have to say my 6th gen worked flawlessly and did not skip a beat... what an amazing bike. I saw some amazing things in both of these beautifull countries... Badlands national park,Mt. Rushmore,Sturgis,Glacier National,Lake Louise,Banff.... I could go on and on. It was the trip of a lifetime for sure. Great people...Great weather...... Great roads..... here are a few pics....

mississippi river at the Minnesota Illinois border

gallery_10917_4106_1437369.jpg

HPIM0850.JPG

Badlands state park in S.D.

gallery_10917_4106_1050576.jpg

HPIM0873.JPG

Me and my Viffer in Badlands park

gallery_10917_4106_2140543.jpg

HPIM0880.JPG

Mt. Rushmore

gallery_10917_4106_1059011.jpg

HPIM0896.JPG

Somewhere in Wyoming.... beautifull....

gallery_10917_4106_854200.jpg

HPIM0918.JPG

Montana....

gallery_10917_4106_249323.jpg

HPIM0915.JPG

Banff Alberta

gallery_10917_4106_1994230.jpg

HPIM0921.JPG

Lake Louise Alberta

gallery_10917_4106_1054014.jpg

HPIM0932.JPG

Shannon falls British Columbia

gallery_10917_4106_1129331.jpg

HPIM0971.JPG

• Member Contributer

Thats a trip I would love to do in the not to distant future. Great pics, you covered alot of territory in a short time too. Anything you care to share as in what you would do different or change? I know I always overpack and don't use half the crap I take on trips.

Thanks for sharing the pics very nice +1.gif

• Member Contributer

Nice :fing02:

I wanted to do something like this again this year after my 4400km in 6days on the east cost last year, but work got in the way :pissed:

Maybe next year? Who knows, anyone want to join me? :biggrin:

What a great Inspiration for all of us! Posts like this help me endure the hard work and long days here in the Sandbox. Whenever I decide to come home I am going to finally take that tour around US I have always dreamed about.

Cheers,

Russel

• Member Contributer

What do you have in mind Dave :unsure:

Nice :fing02:

I wanted to do something like this again this year after my 4400km in 6days on the east cost last year, but work got in the way :pissed:

Maybe next year? Who knows, anyone want to join me? +1.gif

Wow, thanks for the great post. I will be starting my first semi-cross country (West Florida to California and back - I hope) next Monday. Before that my longest trip was 800 miles over a long weekend. I am REALLY looking forward to it since it is my first real vacation in 5 years.

• Member Contributer
Thats a trip I would love to do in the not to distant future. Great pics, you covered alot of territory in a short time too. Anything you care to share as in what you would do different or change? I know I always overpack and don't use half the crap I take on trips.

Thanks for sharing the pics very nice :mellow:

well everything worked really well... i had good gear. IMO gear is everything.... i did a 300 km stint between Wisconsin and South Dakota in the pouring rain and i was dry as a bone and warm. The only thing id change for next time is a touring screen. Other than that i was super happy with everything..... Well except fpr the sparrow sized grasshoppers that encrusted my bike as i crossed the Canadian praries!!! ewwwww.............

more pics comin soon....... sorry been washing my bike for three days...... :fing02:

Archived