All Black Bikes !

Guest sparkyd31

Guest sparkyd31

Hi guys,

I just bought a 1998 suzuki katana 750 in all gloosy black.I'm looking for help on being scene on this color bike.

Thanks,sparkyd31

Hi guys,

I just bought a 1998 suzuki katana 750 in all gloosy black.I'm looking for help on being scene on this color bike.

Thanks,sparkyd31

Yellow mohawk

I ride a black 2006 VFR. I have a yellow ICON jacket to go withthe yellow mohawk. Run your high beams during the day too.

• Member Contributer
Hi guys,

Thanks,sparkyd31

This works along with a yellow helmet and gloves.......

AnniversaryVFR-3.jpg

...and if you must......like RRW said, a Yellow Mohawk......My Wife.....

Hwy111-01.jpg

well, since you didn't specify where you are from, it's hard to tell you what could get you more noticed...

for example, if you lived in Arizona, a red mohawk would get you noticed... GOOD

if you lived in California, a pink mohawk would get you noticed... GOOD

if you lived near Skuuter, grey hair will cause you to blend into the surroundings... NOT GOOD

it depends where you live...

• Member Contributer
well, since you didn't specify where you are from, it's hard to tell you what could get you more noticed...

for example, if you lived in Arizona, a red mohawk would get you noticed... GOOD

if you lived near Skuuter, grey hair will cause you to blend into the surroundings... NOT GOOD

Hey Shayne, you talkin bout the Bay Area??? He may not wanna get "noticed" there :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

Yeah, the hair might blend in, but I never have................ :goofy:

• Member Contributer

I want to add that it has not been proven that bike color affects your being seen. In independent studies bike color has shown to have little effect in how well the average cage can see you. No I don't have a link so don't ask and it doesn't bother me if you don't believe me! :ohmy:

Bright gear is never a bad idea!! :goofy: Other things you can do to be seen - lane position, reflective material, etc etc..

• Member Contributer

I guess I must really blend in with the road then: Matte black helmet, Asphalt Black VFR, black textile gear, even a flat black Axio backpack. I'm with Nicole, not really convinced that bike color affects being seen, though I do refrain from driving at night when possible.

• Member Contributer

I used to ride an all black ST1100. I had a bright yellow helmet. Got lots of comments about how easy it was to spot the helmet. I also wear a reflective vest at night or in the rain.

• Member Contributer
No I don't have a link so don't ask and it doesn't bother me if you don't believe me! :ohmy:

Just a guess here,,,,, you haven't had your coffee yet, huh??? :goofy: :goofy:

• Member Contributer
I want to add that it has not been proven that bike color affects your being seen. In independent studies bike color has shown to have little effect in how well the average cage can see you. No I don't have a link so don't ask and it doesn't bother me if you don't believe me! :ohmy:

Bright gear is never a bad idea!! :goofy: Other things you can do to be seen - lane position, reflective material, etc etc..

The only thing that BD cagers seem to see is something that they recognize as a threat to them.

A nicely dressed motorcyclist poses no threat. Colors don't seem to matter to them.

They can't see this:

gallery_4750_2326_70856.jpg

sport touring

or this:

gallery_4750_2326_21063.jpg

sport

I have had my coffee or I would say that jerking them out their driver's window and stomping them into the ground would improve their vision.

• Member Contributer

Skuuterfact: I have only had 2 close calls with people turning or pulling in front of me with the Hi-Viz Yellow stuff on. Used to be more times per week than that. I wear bright red with the Ninja (matching Joe Rocket Kawasaki stuff) most of the time, and it happens way more often when I do. If I wear the Hi-Viz with the Ninja, it hasn't happened. Official DOT Full Statistic Survey or not, I can state this factually from my own personal experiences. I easily spot other riders wearing it myself also..... :goofy:

Nicole is right, the bike color is actually a fairly small factor in visibility, at least from the front.

As I remember, it goes in this order:

#1 most visible, light colored helmet and/or headlight on (tied)

#2 bright clothing on the rider, particulary upper chest/shoulder area

#3 bike color (distant 3rd)

I have a black bike too and went to a jacket with red shoulders and upper sleeves. My helmet is grey, but when I get a new one it will be white. Yellow would probably be better but not ready to take that plunge yet!

• Member Contributer

I gotta tell you...

Black VFR

Black Shoei X-11

Black Aerostich

Black BMW boots

Black Icon gloves

Hi-beams all the time.

So far so good. Except when I cook in summer at the stoplights.

Honestly, though, viz on some part of your body is probably far better than what I'm doing sad.gif

I gotta tell you...

Black VFR

Black Shoei X-11

Black Aerostich

Black BMW boots

Black Icon gloves

Hi-beams all the time.

So far so good. Except when I cook in summer at the stoplights.

Honestly, though, viz on some part of your body is probably far better than what I'm doing sad.gif

Oddly enough, I wear all black too, and yes I feel like you could poach an egg inside my helmet sometimes. Considering getting the bike painted matte black, wonder if this is a common trend... +1.gif

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer
Hi guys,

Thanks,sparkyd31

uh.. WHY????? :fing02:

its not a VFR... so why would you want been seen on it???

add some small blue led lights at few spots on the frame so it can bee seen from the side..or better yet..trade it for a vfr.

i mean this is VFRD.

• Member Contributer
I'm looking for help on being scene on this color bike.

I weep for the future.* :fing02:

* Name the movie and the seen (pun VERY intended).

• Member Contributer

torque..the last chase...

my guts were SEEN on the floor after the that SCENE!

• Member Contributer

torque..the last chase...

my guts were SEEN on the floor after the that SCENE!

easily one of the worst movies ever.....

• Member Contributer

Here's the black bike, with some color options. A bright suit color doesn't hurt, especially reflective panels for night riding, but in daytime the color of the helmet is money -- highest point on the bike, most visible to cagers.

gallery_2925_3426_13250.jpg

cycleportvfrhighway.jpg

• Member Contributer

I wear mostly black on a red VFR (you know, the fastest color). I'm not sure I would want to be caught dead wearing a yellow helmet, but without one I guess I could be anyway. Black is beautiful, but maybe not so safe. Hmmmm. Time to go helmet shopping (I could live with white, I guess).

Archived