How Do You Mount A Gps?

mtnxbiker

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any RAM dealer has this Handlebar RAM mount.......take off the Ubolt and you are ready to go using the front bolts on the VFR tank.

RAM-BAR_thumb.gif

Just wondering when you use the ram mount attached by the tank mount bolts do you need to replace the bolts with longer ones or do the stock ones do +1.gif ?????

• Member Contributer
Any RAM dealer has this Handlebar RAM mount.......take off the Ubolt and you are ready to go using the front bolts on the VFR tank.

RAM-BAR_thumb.gif

Just wondering when you use the ram mount attached by the tank mount bolts do you need to replace the bolts with longer ones or do the stock ones do +1.gif ?????

No, but it's a good idea. (There's plenty of thread there). I did, but I also put in about 1" of spacer, under it, as I wanted it up a little higher.

• Member Contributer

RAM-BAR_thumb.gif

I've done both. Stock worked, but I was happier with slightly longer. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

RAM-BAR_thumb.gif

Just wondering when you use the ram mount attached by the tank mount bolts do you need to replace the bolts with longer ones or do the stock ones do :unsure: ?????

I've done both. Stock worked, but I was happier with slightly longer. :thumbsup:

This is what I ended up doing. Just a little longer than OEM. I think I had some in my parts bin.

• Member Contributer
Cheers alll for the replies :thumbsup:

Here is one more....

HPIM0227.jpg

HP iPAQ 6515

I like clean and uncluttered, I really don't like stuff up on my bars, so;

I took an off road GPS mount, Touratech, I had laying around and attached in front of the tank.

The same would work for a newer bigger GPS

38605456-M.jpg

38605414-M.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

As for mounting, I have seem something on a VFR Bike once, it attaches to the left and right locations on the handle bars just left/right of the grips and is bolted (where you can put 1 ram mount on each either or both sides) and the a bar spans from left to right, and then on that bar you can mount a host of things.

Has anyone seen or use this can post some shots?

Thanks

• Member Contributer

This is for a camera, GPS or really anything, I just got it off Ebay (Canada seller) was $30 USD plus ship, I will use it for my MP3 and gerbings t-stat , things I need to adjust on the fly

tankmount.jpg

Ok, I found it, here is the picture link I uploaded to a gallery.

gallery_13834_3752_35799.jpg

Cross-Bar Mounter This I have seen in Japan and found on the Honda Japan website for VFRs.<br /><br />This Bar attaches to the left and right side near the Brake and Clutch fixtures and you can mount several items such as GPS etc..

Like I said, it is in the Tales of a Zumo thread. Looks to me this bar makes it difficult to reach for the ignition switch.

I'm wondering, do you know of a way with the Garmin Zumo 550 to be able to control the music volume, and moving track to track without having to directly interact with the Zumo and browse away from the maps?

Each time I wanna go to the next song, I have to go to the Player, switch and then get back to the Map.

• Member Contributer

Like I said, it is in the Tales of a Zumo thread. Looks to me this bar makes it difficult to reach for the ignition switch.

I'm wondering, do you know of a way with the Garmin Zumo 550 to be able to control the music volume, and moving track to track without having to directly interact with the Zumo and browse away from the maps?

Each time I wanna go to the next song, I have to go to the Player, switch and then get back to the Map.

For the volume use the 4th button down on the left ..........then use + and - hard buttons.

2765263000099738507S600x600Q85.jpg

Use the 3rd button or page thru the various screens to move to the mP3 screen. The song that is playing should come up.

2944667720099738507S600x600Q85.jpg

Go to browse. Then pick your All (every song on the Zumo), Album, Artist and Genre and then hit Play All. You will then play all the songs in the album. That is the best you can do except maybe if you have a playlist.

So, you're saying that after I hit the fourth Hard Button (bottom-most one), I can then control the volume of the music by the '+' & '-' hard buttons to the left?

Are you also saying that after hitting the fourth Hard Button (bottom-most one), it is then possible to use the 3rd Hard Button (looks like a square) to forward through songs?

Volume is important, but also if I just don't feel like listening to the dog barking jingle bells, I was hoping for a quick 'Next Track' button so I don't have to take multiple steps just to get to the point to be able to select next track, as well as not losing the Map view.

Thanks for your contrib, any further clarification would be super. Thanks!

• Member Contributer
So, you're saying that after I hit the fourth Hard Button (bottom-most one), I can then control the volume of the music by the '+' & '-' hard buttons to the left?

Are you also saying that after hitting the fourth Hard Button (bottom-most one), it is then possible to use the 3rd Hard Button (looks like a square) to forward through songs?

Volume is important, but also if I just don't feel like listening to the dog barking jingle bells, I was hoping for a quick 'Next Track' button so I don't have to take multiple steps just to get to the point to be able to select next track, as well as not losing the Map view.

Thanks for your contrib, any further clarification would be super. Thanks!

I understand your question better now. Once you page (3rd hard button) to the MP3 screen just hit the + or - hard buttons to advance the song. I thought you were stuck on one song.

I find I prefer to have one album/artist at a time in order to minimize "key strokes" while on the move. Plus if you really do not like the song you can dump it from the download if you like.

Yeah, Thanks I see what you're saying.

Unfortunately still too many steps just to advance/change the song while riding. Hiway ok, but in town with lot's of traffic, a bit dangerous.

Too bad there isn't some type of voice command you can give like saying 'Next'.

Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived