How Do You Mount A Gps?

mtnxbiker

Any RAM dealer has this Handlebar RAM mount.......take off the Ubolt and you are ready to go using the front bolts on the VFR tank.

RAM-BAR_thumb.gif

There are two sizes. One is 3/4" to 1" and the other is up to 1.25". Which one fits the tank? Or are they the same mounting base?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
Any RAM dealer has this Handlebar RAM mount.......take off the Ubolt and you are ready to go using the front bolts on the VFR tank.

RAM-BAR_thumb.gif

There are two sizes. One is 3/4" to 1" and the other is up to 1.25". Which one fits the tank? Or are they the same mounting base?

I wonder on the same thing? Also, what would be the item number that would work on the VFR?

It looks like the only difference is a large U-bolt so it shouldn't make a difference. I just ordered one from Amazon for my TomTom GO 910 for only $26 with free shipping. What a deal!

Can anyone advise on the tank bolt size and shape? I am going to pickup my new VFR in Florida and want to make sure I bring the right tools for mounting this.

ramb149zto3b.gif

• Member Contributer

You want the version ...........Bar base fits 1/2" to 1-1/4" tubular handlebars and uses two bolts not four. Just to be sure measure the distance between your bolts on the tank.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

How do you find your windscreen mounted one stays on?

I have the window mount for my GPS, and I tried it on mine it seemed to work fine, but I was wondering how it fairs on longer trips and over bumps. Has it ever fallen off your windscreen??

Is there a certain size to order for the brake reservoir and is there a different size for the tank bolts? With my eye measurement they don't seem to be the same width. My fork stem mount (big rubber plug) is too small for the stem. Sorry this is probably a noob question.

Thanks,

Matt

Archived