My Dog Ate My Etymotic Er6 Earbuds!

Guest VFRbar

My dog ate my Etymotic ER6 earbuds!  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with "man's best friend?"

• Cuss the day I brought the ole fleabag home
    • Revert back to earplugs; listening to music is on a VFR is overrated anyways
    • Anyone have a recipe for chicken-fried Beagle?
    • Search the yard for remains and dust them off good as new
    • Suck it up and buy another set

Well, I came in after a ride and left my Etymotic ER6i earbuds in my tankbag and plopped my gear down on the guest bed. Fido must have gotten up on the bed, nosed through the tankbag, and ingested both earpieces. Both wired were chewed cleanly off. $90 down the drain. :goofy: Needless to say, I'm angry with my hound dog.

Now you get to see if you can take apart the earpieces? Let me know before you throw them away ....I would like to see if I could get them apart and repair them.....if they were assembled, maybe they can be dis-assembled?

And feed that dog. :goofy:

• Member Contributer
Now you get to see if you can take apart the earpieces? Let me know before you throw them away ....I would like to see if I could get them apart and repair them.....if they were assembled, maybe they can be dis-assembled?

And feed that dog. :goofy:

Ummm.... You want him to follow the dog around with a plastic bag and start sifting?

• Member Contributer

Buy some new ones and write it off to the cost of owning the dog.

Mine has eaten 3 remote controls (including 1 trip to the vet), 2 Palms Pilots, 2 pair brand new running shoes on the same day, the comforter on my bed, the corner of my bed (the wood frame thing), 4 Snickers bars (I found out when he pooped out the wrappers), 3 left hand gloves (different pairs of course), about 10 extension cords (the last one was plugged in, he gave that up after that), a pair of blue jeans, a pair of moto gloves (just after I had them all broken in too), about a dozen baseball hats and 2 Labrador Retrievers that went after my then girlfriend. He also let some guy into my condo and then wouldn't let him leave. Good boy.

4940re2.jpg

• Member Contributer

:goofy:

This will not work in this case, but...

My dog used to LOVE chewing through wires. God knows I have a lot of them through the house...

Finally, after sustaining some major damage to my wires, my sanity and my pocket (HDMI, component, etc...) I started teaching the damn dog why he should not do that. I took a freshly-eaten wire and beat him senseless with it. Yes, it is brutal, but you know what? My dog learned after 3 wires. Now, I don't even have to raise my voice to him, he loves me more that anyone else in the household, and most importantly, no more damaged wires. The most important thing is to make sure that he knows exactly why he is being punished.

Back on the topic...

I would buy another set. I have the same headphones and love them. I don't know how I ever rode w/o them.

Suck it up and buy another set. And if it was a Beagle that did this, then you should know better than to leave stuff like that around where it can be gotten to (I know this well, as I have 2 Beagles myself!).

• Member Contributer

use a fiery marinade (garlic, chillies) to tenderize the meat.......

dog meat doesnot taste too bad actually. :thumbsup: (as long as you donot know it is dog at the time...)

FLAME SUIT ON

and yes, we do eat horse meat here in Europa....

My Boston Terrier (AKA Boston Terror) ate my AGV leather gloves, and when I say that he tore and ate the knuckly armor right off! I was PISSED and wanted to beat him but I realized that I love him too much. So after watching the crying game and listening to some boy george I sucked it up and bought a new pair of gloves. Good luck

try to send the old ones back and maybe they can repair'em!

Mine has eaten 3 remote controls (including 1 trip to the vet), 2 Palms Pilots, 2 pair brand new running shoes on the same day, the comforter on my bed, the corner of my bed (the wood frame thing), 4 Snickers bars (I found out when he pooped out the wrappers), 3 left hand gloves (different pairs of course), about 10 extension cords (the last one was plugged in, he gave that up after that), a pair of blue jeans, a pair of moto gloves (just after I had them all broken in too), about a dozen baseball hats and 2 Labrador Retrievers that went after my then girlfriend. He also let some guy into my condo and then wouldn't let him leave. Good boy.

Dag, makes my dog look like an angel. Mine just eats his dog food and occasionally the cat food!

allyrenopic.jpg

4940re2.jpg

:goofy:

This will not work in this case, but...

My dog used to LOVE chewing through wires. God knows I have a lot of them through the house...

Finally, after sustaining some major damage to my wires, my sanity and my pocket (HDMI, component, etc...) I started teaching the damn dog why he should not do that. I took a freshly-eaten wire and beat him senseless with it. Yes, it is brutal, but you know what? My dog learned after 3 wires. Now, I don't even have to raise my voice to him, he loves me more that anyone else in the household, and most importantly, no more damaged wires. The most important thing is to make sure that he knows exactly why he is being punished.

Back on the topic...

I would buy another set. I have the same headphones and love them. I don't know how I ever rode w/o them.

Want to teach him a lesson? Put Jabenero sauce on a few things and let him chew it.

Want to teach yourself a lesson? Whenever you are not in a way that you can watch the dog and immediately correct him/her for doing something wrong, put them in a dog crate! A dog crate for a beagle is a heck of a lot cheaper than buying new ear buds, cleaning up after them when they are in the trash, crapping on the carpet....

For those of you that have dogs that chew all the time, think about a crate. Give them things they are allowed to chew on, and leave them be. Contrary to popular belief, it isn't cruel to leave them in a crate all day while you are at work. It saves you, and them from having stuff like them chewing on things while you are gone and possibly choking, poisoning themselves, getting into trouble and either dying, or you wishing they died while you were gone.

I have trained quite a few dogs, and a good friend of mine and his father have been training dogs for longer than I have been alive. The first thing they will tell you is to get a crate. Every time, all the time, use the crate. Training an animal is always about behaviour modification, the more positive you can make it, the better your results will be.

Hope this helps, and sorry about the ear buds. It is an expensive lesson to learn.

Later,

Jeff

• Member Contributer

Beagles chew... that and chase things. That's their job in life. Maybe get him a pet rabbit to chase, so he has something to pre-occupy himself w/. :rolleyes:

Hound dog is not a big chewer. But he is destructive. My best guess is that he found an opening in the tankbag, nosed through the less interesting items, and got a hold of the earbuds. He did all of this while on a bed that he's not allowed on. I was surprised he could jump that high. But he's quite the cagey canine I guess. I found the chewed pieces yesterday when I went to go for a short ride.

I guess ultimately I'll buy another set, but it will be a while. I just sprang for a couple of other farkles so the wife put the kibosh on any more Spring VFR purchases. One thing I noticed on my ride yesterday that I had forgotten, that V-four sound is addictive! :music:

• Member Contributer

The ER6i's are fantastic. I bought a pair a few months ago -- crystal clear and comfy. I don't ride with them though. I love the sounds of riding too much -- V4 growl, wind, etc. Give the dog a break, spend some time training him.

Want to teach yourself a lesson? Whenever you are not in a way that you can watch the dog and immediately correct him/her for doing something wrong, put them in a dog crate! A dog crate for a beagle is a heck of a lot cheaper than buying new ear buds, cleaning up after them when they are in the trash, crapping on the carpet....

For those of you that have dogs that chew all the time, think about a crate. Give them things they are allowed to chew on, and leave them be. Contrary to popular belief, it isn't cruel to leave them in a crate all day while you are at work. It saves you, and them from having stuff like them chewing on things while you are gone and possibly choking, poisoning themselves, getting into trouble and either dying, or you wishing they died while you were gone.

I have trained quite a few dogs, and a good friend of mine and his father have been training dogs for longer than I have been alive. The first thing they will tell you is to get a crate. Every time, all the time, use the crate. Training an animal is always about behaviour modification, the more positive you can make it, the better your results will be.

Hope this helps, and sorry about the ear buds. It is an expensive lesson to learn.

Later,

Jeff

Not to mention dogs are den animals. They live in dens with tight confines in the wild and it becomes their "safe" zone.

I guess ultimately I'll buy another set, but it will be a while. I just sprang for a couple of other farkles so the wife put the kibosh on any more Spring VFR purchases. One thing I noticed on my ride yesterday that I had forgotten, that V-four sound is addictive! :music:

Hey, don't forget me before you toss those earbuds(or what's left of them) :goofy: Post up a picture of the remains.

Hey, don't forget me before you toss those earbuds(or what's left of them) :blink: Post up a picture of the remains.

I don't know how much time I'll spend in the backyard rummaging through fido's fleabiscuits. :goofy: But I will keep an eye out for them.

• Member Contributer

Wanna trade? My Rottweiler's knee surgery cost $1500 a couple of years ago.... :huh: Then something bit my mix breed's tail - $300 to have it amputated. Then a year after that she eats part of a stuff animal - nother $300 or so at the emergency vet..

Before all that I could have bought a horse!! :lol:

• Member Contributer
and yes, we do eat horse meat here in Europa....

Mmm, pferde gulash... :goofy:

looks like:

HPIM1297.jpg

Vienna 2006

Archived