Christmas Time!

Guest Stu

From the mother in law: should be in late this week... Alpinestars Black label cargo pant.

http://www.newenough.com/alpinestars_black..._pants_page.htm

I'm not getting it from new enough though... my local parts dude can beat them, so I'm going local.

anybody else have any great gifts on the way??? No reason for each of us to start our own threads to tell of that special something thats on its way!

My next present is a promotion from my dad, which allows me to give myself the present of keeping my bike without ruining the growing family's budget!

Now, everybody else, feel free to chime in with what you're getting yourself, or what you've already received!

happy holidays from the beautiful ozarks!

• Member Contributer

I gave myself new Syed leathers, XT lap timer, Sidi B2 boots, A* GP Pro gloves, LEDs for all the small bulbs in the VFR, and a bunch of other stuff. My wife allowed me to buy a CBR 600RR track bike without any domestic violence problems. I had a good Christmas for sure.

• Member Contributer

Presents to self arrived today, motopak gt35 tank bag (awesome by the way) and a 929 shock arrived last week, can't wait to get it on the bike. Now if Santa brings my new bike lift, I'm good to go.

• Member Contributer
Here's a picture of my birthday and Christmas presents from last year:

And here's this year's lot:

Beautiful, aren't they? :biggrin:

awww, poor Ian :mellow:

Kodak V705 digital camera. Came today. Wide angle, zoom, dual lenses, small and light. 1.1 to 7.1 megapixel settings. Video. Some manual settings and extra features I'll probably never use. 2 GB memory card. Cool. Can't wait to put it to work. :biggrin:

I'm in the same boat as the other poor people with poor family. I'm getting a good solid nothing here. But who cares, I got my health, which I need because I don't have health insurance... I got my woman, so I don't care.

Dirtydizzogg

• Member Contributer

I get to see my parents celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on Christmas Eve. This is extra special as my father is in advanced stage Parkinsons and was not supposed to make it this far. I don't mean to be a buzzkill but I thought I would share this with the folks who unbeknownst to them have kept me sane by discussing such important issues as nut powder :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

my father-in-law helped me get a 2007 VFR in the red, white and blue pain scheme :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
I get to see my parents celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on Christmas Eve. This is extra special as my father is in advanced stage Parkinsons and was not supposed to make it this far. I don't mean to be a buzzkill but I thought I would share this with the folks who unbeknownst to them have kept me sane by discussing such important issues as nut powder :biggrin:

Not a buzzkill at all. Yours may be the best present any of us get. Best to you and yours.

jim

• Member Contributer
I'm in the same boat as the other poor people with poor family. I'm getting a good solid nothing here. But who cares, I got my health, which I need because I don't have health insurance... I got my woman, so I don't care.

Dirtydizzogg

AMEN to that my brother!!!!! A good woman and a good bike...what else does one need anyway?

So far, I bought a back protector, new windscreen, leather pants, lower right fairing, and a couple pairs of draggin jeans. Looking at a Garmin Zumo to complete my Xmas shopping. SWIMBO just gave the go ahead for another bike... so I'm on the prowl for a second bike. Maybe something just for the track... or mountains. I was thinking a gixxer 750. Any suggestions?

Not a buzzkill at all. Yours may be the best present any of us get. Best to you and yours.

jim

+2 there is nothing more important than family & with old age parents I also am in the same boat & every day is a gift while there still on this earth. I nearly lost both this year so xmas just seems more important this year.

wirelesswill what about a motard will do road, track & dirt :-)

Not too much, really. Mostly focusing on the kiddies.

Actually, the wife has Sylvania Silverstars on her list for me. Maybe a new pair of riding boots...

I have a fantastic Wife and Family. Blessed.

I have VFRtiger. The best Christmas present I could ever receive. I'm the luckiest guy around!

Of course, the fact that she bought me new Teknic leathers and Sidi B2 boots for Xmas this year doesn't hurt... :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

My bike is getting a new battery, a Turbo City fuel pressure regulator and a set of Buell Ulysses pegs.

Woo-Hoo!!! :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Family and friends are what christmas is all about!

But the shining new 2006 Pearl Black Interceptor with Honda saddlebags I picked up last Wednesday sure is making for some Holiday Cheer!

Man, I have a great wife :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

I have a great hubby, great step-kids, and a great family! We all have our health and get along! :biggrin: After a few deaths over the recent years, we are focusing on the more simple joys of life. :pissed:

Hubby and I agreed to only spend $30 on each other for Christmas. I would rather do that because it forces us to be more creative. [We have much to be thankful for already... new cars, new motorcycles, nice roof over our head.] Last year, I got him Leanings by Peter Egan. I contacted Mr. Egan (super nice guy by the way!) and asked if he would sign it (for a fee of course & postage). He wouldn't allow me to pay him, and he wrote a nice entry within a couple of days. Then, for icing on the cake, we got to meet him in person at the show in Chicago last year. Creative and super cool! :tongue:

Archived