Sorry Guys, This Is For The Girls....

VFRiderGal

• Member Contributer

Ok girls... time for us to combine the estrogen and have our own girlie thread. :pissed:

So, I, like, heard the guys talking about their "nut powder" stuff and it got me thinking. When you're out riding in the heat of the summer, do you choose your bra based on looks, comfort or safety rating?

A) Sports-bra, Underwire, or other wireless (Could the underwire be a potential safety hazard in the event of an accident?) :fing02:

B) Padded or unpadded (Are there statistics proving the added safety of extra padding?) :mellow:

C) Top of the line Victoria's Secret or whatever you pull out of the lingerie drawer? (Does VS use special Kevlar material in the construction of their lace bras?) :blush:

You see, while I don't ever plan on getting into an accident, you never know when one might occur. :tongue: Therefore, should I be involved in an accident, do I consider wearing the "good stuff - just in case?" (And, if my clothes should need to be cut from my body, do I really want them to cut the good $50 bra or the cheap $10 sports bra? And, if there is Kevlar in the Victoria's Secret bra will emergency personnel have difficulty removing it? :wink: )

I did come across a new bra that appears to have some safety properties. As you can see, it appears to have some metal protection in the event we are thrown from the bike, or should a stray bullet find it's way to the girls..... I just don't know how comfortable it would be.

bra.jpg

The numerous brassier choices can be confusing and there do not appear to be many statistics backing their safety relation when riding. So, why bother spending the extra money or wearing them at all? I can think of numerous mods I could purchase with the savings I would generate in NOT purchasing bra's!

I am just so confused...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Hmmmm. CARBON FIBER! :biggrin: Thanks for the idea. Now,....any volunteers, for lay-up models? :mellow:

In all seriousness, I would hope you ladies would be wearing a sport bra or other likeness to keep things inplace, and keep any back aches at bay. Some months back I had emailed, (to some length), back and forth, with one of the no-longer seen female members, on this subject. The concensus was, side support. From there, one could go almost any route, (material wise). Seems she was tossing the idea 'round of designing and manufacturing a bra, specifically for this market. But alas, haven't heard a peep from her in quite some time. If you're reading this, I hope life is well, for you.

• Member Contributer
this thread actually has potential for the male riders also....several men are like this im sure and can use the support

sq-fat-bastard-goldmember-newl.jpg

We could call it, "The Bro...."

:biggrin:

THEY HAVE RE-MADE "THE HITCHER" Sweet!

how can you not reply in this thread it's about boobs & they are like magnets to males :biggrin:

to help with some real content most females I ride with & my wife tend to wear a sports bra when riding so no wire.

my choice would be no bra at all so when it's hot & the leather jacket is removed, it's like a wet tee shirt comp :mellow:

• Member Contributer

If it is extremely hot I will wear a sports bra that has lots of mesh for breathability. That way when I get to where I am going, I can strip down to the sports bra and still be seen in public. For non-agressive riding, a regular racerback bra works for me. Now I only wear the expensive Vicky's when there is a special destination at the end :biggrin:

As far as underwear, all cotton, no tags for the really hot, humid days.

Becky

Ok girls... time for us to combine the estrogen and have our own girlie thread. :idea3:

So, I, like, heard the guys talking about their "nut powder" stuff and it got me thinking. When you're out riding in the heat of the summer, do you choose your bra based on looks, comfort or safety rating?

A) Sports-bra, Underwire, or other wireless (Could the underwire be a potential safety hazard in the event of an accident?) :blink:

B) Padded or unpadded (Are there statistics proving the added safety of extra padding?) :mellow:

C) Top of the line Victoria's Secret or whatever you pull out of the lingerie drawer? (Does VS use special Kevlar material in the construction of their lace bras?) :unsure:

You see, while I don't ever plan on getting into an accident, you never know when one might occur. :sad: Therefore, should I be involved in an accident, do I consider wearing the "good stuff - just in case?" (And, if my clothes should need to be cut from my body, do I really want them to cut the good $50 bra or the cheap $10 sports bra? And, if there is Kevlar in the Victoria's Secret bra will emergency personnel have difficulty removing it? :unsure: )

I did come across a new bra that appears to have some safety properties. As you can see, it appears to have some metal protection in the event we are thrown from the bike, or should a stray bullet find it's way to the girls..... I just don't know how comfortable it would be.

bra.jpg

The numerous brassier choices can be confusing and there do not appear to be many statistics backing their safety relation when riding. So, why bother spending the extra money or wearing them at all? I can think of numerous mods I could purchase with the savings I would generate in NOT purchasing bra's!

I am just so confused...

Welcome to my world.... :mellow:

VFRshark

If it is extremely hot I will wear a sports bra that has lots of mesh for breathability. That way when I get to where I am going, I can strip down to the sports bra and still be seen in public. For non-agressive riding, a regular racerback bra works for me. Now I only wear the expensive Vicky's when there is a special destination at the end :biggrin:

As far as underwear, all cotton, no tags for the really hot, humid days.

Becky

• Member Contributer
how can you not reply in this thread it's about boobs & they are like magnets to males :biggrin:

to help with some real content most females I ride with & my wife tend to wear a sports bra when riding so no wire.

my choice would be no bra at all so when it's hot & the leather jacket is removed, it's like a wet tee shirt comp :mellow:

I'm a leg man, myself.

Welcome to my world.... :unsure:

VFRshark

Nice world! LOL.

Boobs and bikes. This is the best thread EVER. :biggrin:

I have absolutely nothing of worth to contribute here. Nothing at all. And I'd be afraid to ask the women at work for fear of a law suit or a trip to human resources.

Okay,Okay.... I'll bring out the trash later. :biggrin:

Before that though, do we have any LEOs here? for many forces, kevlar vests are mandatory... what would they wear with that on a hot, humid,,, sticky,,,, steamy,,,,,, smokin,,,,,,,,sweaty,,,,,,,,,,,,,,burning,,,,,,,scorching,,,,,,,, searing,,,,,,,,,, torrid,,,,,,,,,,,,,,erotic er, er,.......AHEM! day :mellow:

I tried that 'insert special item' bar on my reply, but it didn't have what I had in mind..... :sad:

KKen, you jumped on this thread faster than your own nut.... Hey! This was all just a big huge trick REVERSE PSYCOLOGY THING!!!!!!!!!!!

Why you sicko.... you beat me AGAIN! :idea3: :unsure: :unsure: :blink:

Guest SnowGirl

Lets see...this is a thread for us ladies and how many MEN have replied...get a life !!!!

So on to the topic at hand.... under my leathers when its hot I tend to wear just a lycra type camisole with thin straps.

Depending on Teleskiers desires for the ride... :biggrin: I may wear matching panties and bra as was evidenced by the pic that found its way on the forum for quite some time....thanks Larry.

As for panties....sometimes yes...sometimes no..again...depends on the desires of the ride....LOL but always a thong if any at all.

• Member Contributer
this thread actually has potential for the male riders also....several men are like this im sure and can use the support

sq-fat-bastard-goldmember-newl.jpg

Some may need support but then there are the ones who are....well....just........scary! :biggrin:

ManBra.jpg

• Member Contributer
Ok girls... time for us to combine the estrogen and have our own girlie thread. :unsure:

Hahaha, power to you VFRiderGal !!! Let's over ride the testosteron :idea3:

A) Sports-bra, Underwire, or other wireless (Could the underwire be a potential safety hazard in the event of an accident?) :blink:

B) Padded or unpadded (Are there statistics proving the added safety of extra padding?) :biggrin:

C) Top of the line Victoria's Secret or whatever you pull out of the lingerie drawer? (Does VS use special Kevlar material in the construction of their lace bras?) :mellow:

Well, as stupid as it sounds, I do not wear Sports-bra. I feel that they are just too tight, too binding and something about dog on the leash...

I own only Victoria's Secret bras and usually try to wear the padded ones with unfalling straps. I am not sure there is extra safety in the padding, but then I rather be on the safe side.

I once got stopped by officer going 30 mph in 25 mph zone. The first thing I did, was to take off my helmet and swish my hair around, then I opened my leather jacket to let him peek in and was pretending that I am looking for licence in the inner pocket even though I knew it is in my arm little pocket. Of course the licence was not there so in order to get to that little arm pocket I had to proceed to take my jacket leisurly down, sporting a low cut v-cleavage and (thanks god for VS) push up padded bra. That whole fake looking-for-licence procedure took me about 3 min and the officer was just there for the show. Of course, as a cherry on the cake, I made sure that he understands that I am SOOO HAPPY he stopped me because I am SOOO LOST in this place and ONLY HE can help me out because he is SOOO GREAT and SMART... I don't have to add, I got a warning :-) but hey, isn't he a bastard for stopping me only because I ride red big bike with abnoxiously (well it is custom made) exhaust???

You see, while I don't ever plan on getting into an accident, you never know when one might occur. :sad: Therefore, should I be involved in an accident, do I consider wearing the "good stuff - just in case?" (And, if my clothes should need to be cut from my body, do I really want them to cut the good $50 bra or the cheap $10 sports bra? And, if there is Kevlar in the Victoria's Secret bra will emergency personnel have difficulty removing it? :unsure: )

Well, I guess I have different opinion - if I am having my bra cut off - at this point I just hope that I will spark enough attention of the personal that they will not leave me for hours waiting in the hallway of ER, that they will make sure that I got all the tests done I need, basically that they will give me special treatment. And if I am more likely to get it with $50 bra, so be it. The ER and subsequent bills will overshadow the 50 bucks. Did I mention that I work in the hospital and hear the doctors 'oh,shit - I forgot my patient...' stories every day ?

I say to every men who thinks that women should wear bras at all times (makes them more perky - thus men are happier) that they should try wearing one for a day! Dog on the leash feeling is just starting to describe it... I am all about not wearing one unless special activities. But then, I did come from Europe and was hugely disappointed when after arriving to US, I had to buy my first 2 piece swim suit and actually use both pieces!!! Now imagine how it is to be on a wet leash !!! :sad:

• Member Contributer

Under Armor is your friend too ladies.

Under Armor

I also would suggest a chest protector of some sort to prevent any damage to the girlz...and of course a liberal application of Gold Bond.

Dainese makes a nice back protector chest combo although it does not appear to be umm anatomically correct but it would add a layer of protection.

::

I say to every men who thinks that women should wear bras at all times (makes them more perky - thus men are happier) that they should try wearing one for a day! Dog on the leash feeling is just starting to describe it... I am all about not wearing one unless special activities. But then, I did come from Europe and was hugely disappointed when after arriving to US, I had to buy my first 2 piece swim suit and actually use both pieces!!! Now imagine how it is to be on a wet leash !!! :mellow:

i may be alone here, but i encourage my little lady to not wear a bra . I think they look nice and all but whats under them looks way better.

and as for something actually on topic, several useful items can be found here http://www.galls.com/yahoo/category2.html?...og&cat=3163

martinkap, this sounds like something that would be right up your alley :biggrin: http://www.galls.com/yahoo/style.html?asso...47&cat=3163

• Member Contributer
Under Armor is your friend too ladies.

Under Armor

I also would suggest a chest protector of some sort to prevent any damage to the girlz...and of course a liberal application of Gold Bond.

Dainese makes a nice back protector chest combo although it does not appear to be umm anatomically correct but it would add a layer of protection.

I did look for a chest protector but I did not see any which would accomodate the 'Girlz' .. I think only A-cup can use the Dainese chest armor ... so, I am still looking :biggrin:

I say to every men who thinks that women should wear bras at all times (makes them more perky - thus men are happier) that they should try wearing one for a day! Dog on the leash feeling is just starting to describe it... I am all about not wearing one unless special activities. But then, I did come from Europe and was hugely disappointed when after arriving to US, I had to buy my first 2 piece swim suit and actually use both pieces!!! Now imagine how it is to be on a wet leash !!! :blush:

Whatever, bras aren't too bad. What's really annoying is when your pantyhose starts to roll down from the top. Damn that sucks.

...hmm, I've probably said too much... :blush:

Well, I might as well dig myself deeper. I do feel for you ladies. Having spent a day or two dressed as one (it was a Halloween costume, a very convincing Halloween costume), I have some idea of your pain (yes, it was very convincing. I had dudes checking me out who didn't know I was a guy :huh: ). Luckily, Halloween's in October so I didn't have to put up with hot weather (thank goodness because I would have ruined my make-up sweating).

Seriously, my advice to you ladies is to get yourselves professional fitted for a bra. From what I've heard, most women are wearing bras with cups sizes that are too small. For instance, my girlfriend currently wears a 36DDD but she really needs a 34G. Why doesn't she were the correct size, because she doesn't want to spend $50-$70 for one bra. :sad: And that's another thing, $50 for a bra! Dang! You'd think they'd really be made from Kevlar or Carbin Fiber at those prices. :dry:

EDIT: Also, I'd also like to apologize to you gals for intruding in your "ladies-only bra thread". I really wasn't going to post anything in here, but then I thought I had some useful to contribute. Whether or not it was useful, I dunno. :happy:

• Member Contributer

bra.jpg

I am just so confused...

It's not widely known, but I was the hand model for that little gem. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
women are so unjust. they complain when a thread goes sexual (and offensive to them) . yet turn around and use that same sexuality to their own advantage in situations just specified. had the cop acted on the sexuality he would have been arrested for sexual harrassment. maybe men should try the above method in our daily lives.... perhaps with the grocery store check out lady we can pad our jeans and get a discount on milk. :unsure: :biggrin:

im done ranting now and i feeeeeeeeeeel much better!

Hehe, can I just say that I do rant about the same things? :mellow: In america, I have encountered countless number of women who are full of controversies. Those women make me want to scream and tattoo on my forhead "I am not with them". They expect to be treated in any matter as men, yet they refuse to split the check on date, yet the like to be 'taken out'. They want the same job and responsibilities, they feel offended if someone regards their gender, yet, couple hours later, they feel offended if they are not treated like a princesses. I am so happy we don't have them in such large numbers back home...

Let me just say, I think women deserve the same treatment as men. They deserve the same job, the same opportunities and same respect. But each page has two sides. They should also offer the same responsibilities, ie. be able to take care of their own crap, not to expect everyone to do things for them, be able to pay for their expensise, split the check on the date, make sure that if they want to be treated as princesses, they treat their men as kings too ..

However, we have to understand that men and women are different. We each have different strengths and different weaknesses and we should not pretend that we are alike. We are not. We can do different things. But we can use our differences and create great cohabitation!

• Member Contributer
women are so unjust. they complain when a thread goes sexual (and offensive to them) . yet turn around and use that same sexuality to their own advantage in situations just specified. had the cop acted on the sexuality he would have been arrested for sexual harrassment. maybe men should try the above method in our daily lives.... perhaps with the grocery store check out lady we can pad our jeans and get a discount on milk. :unsure: :biggrin:

im done ranting now and i feeeeeeeeeeel much better!

Hehe, can I just say that I do rant about the same things? :mellow: In america, I have encountered countless number of women who are full of controversies. Those women make me want to scream and tattoo on my forhead "I am not with them". They expect to be treated in any matter as men, yet they refuse to split the check on date, yet the like to be 'taken out'. They want the same job and responsibilities, they feel offended if someone regards their gender, yet, couple hours later, they feel offended if they are not treated like a princesses. I am so happy we don't have them in such large numbers back home...

Let me just say, I think women deserve the same treatment as men. They deserve the same job, the same opportunities and same respect. But each page has two sides. They should also offer the same responsibilities, ie. be able to take care of their own crap, not to expect everyone to do things for them, be able to pay for their expensise, split the check on the date, make sure that if they want to be treated as princesses, they treat their men as kings too ..

However, we have to understand that men and women are different. We each have different strengths and different weaknesses and we should not pretend that we are alike. We are not. We can do different things. But we can use our differences and create great cohabitation!

Damn. Think I just fell in love! :unsure:

You and Lobster need to be in public office.

Archived