Sorry Guys, This Is For The Girls....

VFRiderGal

• Member Contributer

K. You really got me into this. Seroiusly. Thinking a universal chest/back protector, Carbon, kevlar weave. It would be a casing. fitment would be obtained by memory foam inserts. This way, not only would it be literally bullet proof, but supportive and absorb shock of impact.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I was taught as a child, that if you have to think about it too long, it's probably wrong.

Do, or Don't.....just be comfortable.

"I've seen you at the cafe's it seems....Red hair and black leather,...My favorite color scheme..."

Mac

• Member Contributer
Aw guys ... can't we just say "No"??? :lol:

sure...................NO............ :idea3:

Mrs. skuuter can take my mind off Speed Triples and Gold Wings at will...........we're weaklings.............. <_<

• Member Contributer

:lol: :lol: Greg yer killin me!!!

Ladies,,,, just think, only a few more months and these guys will be riding again,,,,,and not spending time on vfrd :lol:

For me,,,I'm outta here, twisties are callin :pissed:

Hmmmmm Greg i am so not surprised by you!

I do not think tops tops are atgatt supported!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN!!! SURE THEY ARE..... :pissed: All The Groping All The Time! :salesman:

Oh, and nice try with the 'supported' thing, Keely! :P

Support our 'Troops'[/b] usac.gif :thumbsup::goofy:

Spoken like a true Drag Queen! :squid: :squid: :squid:

Hey! Greg and Grope start with the same letter..... :idea3: :pissed:

And, I DID give my Mom 'thrush' when I/She was nursing..... :o sad.gif

NO!!! Now THAT'S just WRONG.......<_< :angry:

(True, but wrong, just the same -_-)

god made women the most addictive drug in the universe! :lol:

Many years later, Soichiro Honda invented even more addictive drug...

uh, no. Pretty sure God's not gonna be topped on that one.

At least from a male perspective. Wouldn't be too surprised is Soichiro put out a better product from a lady's perspective.

From a trauma perspective, I've not seen more than an abrasion from underwires. And, yes, the bra will be cut off if you are in an accident. You have to move too much to take it of normally. Spinal injuries don't care how much your bras cost. Come to think of it, I've not seen breast injuries very much. In 7 years of trauma nursing, it seems the breasts escape the worst. I see more injury to the nether regions. Pelvic fractures, road rash, I'm sure you understand. Number one protection would be leather. It keeps the skin where the skin belongs.

• Member Contributer

I just love this thread! :goofy:

(It may get me banned though)

While doing too many wheelies off the line on the zzr, my chest did have some bruising and extra issues.

I do not have an aftermarket protector and JR ladies jackets are not designed with drag racing in mind imho.

In the flip first impact was to the leg and hand, and spun like a turtle on my belly, though no rashing/injury then.

women are so unjust. they complain when a thread goes sexual (and offensive to them) . yet turn around and use that same sexuality to their own advantage in situations just specified. had the cop acted on the sexuality he would have been arrested for sexual harrassment. maybe men should try the above method in our daily lives.... perhaps with the grocery store check out lady we can pad our jeans and get a discount on milk. :beer: :unsure:

im done ranting now and i feeeeeeeeeeel much better!

Hehe, can I just say that I do rant about the same things? :beer: In america, I have encountered countless number of women who are full of controversies. Those women make me want to scream and tattoo on my forhead "I am not with them". They expect to be treated in any matter as men, yet they refuse to split the check on date, yet the like to be 'taken out'. They want the same job and responsibilities, they feel offended if someone regards their gender, yet, couple hours later, they feel offended if they are not treated like a princesses. I am so happy we don't have them in such large numbers back home...

Let me just say, I think women deserve the same treatment as men. They deserve the same job, the same opportunities and same respect. But each page has two sides. They should also offer the same responsibilities, ie. be able to take care of their own crap, not to expect everyone to do things for them, be able to pay for their expensise, split the check on the date, make sure that if they want to be treated as princesses, they treat their men as kings too ..

However, we have to understand that men and women are different. We each have different strengths and different weaknesses and we should not pretend that we are alike. We are not. We can do different things. But we can use our differences and create great cohabitation!

High five on that!!! Equal means equal, not just when it's advantageous!!! There isn't a bigger turn-off than 'princess syndrome' in my opinion.

Rant over, on to the small bit of contribution I have: Regarding padded bras, the padding in them isn't very stiff, as compared to elbow/shoulder armor. My thought is that if you wear a padded bra and buy your riding gear to fit over it, the bra will compress with very little force, essentially acting as an air gap when it comes time to, ahem, 'use' the jacket. We all know that a close-fit with your protective gear is a good thing in order to prevent the jacket from twisting around as you skate down the road at whatever speed. So my $0.02, skip the padded bra if it means you can go one jacket size smaller and fits you better.

women are so unjust. they complain when a thread goes sexual (and offensive to them) . yet turn around and use that same sexuality to their own advantage in situations just specified. had the cop acted on the sexuality he would have been arrested for sexual harrassment. maybe men should try the above method in our daily lives.... perhaps with the grocery store check out lady we can pad our jeans and get a discount on milk. :beer: :unsure:

im done ranting now and i feeeeeeeeeeel much better!

Hehe, can I just say that I do rant about the same things? :beer: In america, I have encountered countless number of women who are full of controversies. Those women make me want to scream and tattoo on my forhead "I am not with them". They expect to be treated in any matter as men, yet they refuse to split the check on date, yet the like to be 'taken out'. They want the same job and responsibilities, they feel offended if someone regards their gender, yet, couple hours later, they feel offended if they are not treated like a princesses. I am so happy we don't have them in such large numbers back home...

Let me just say, I think women deserve the same treatment as men. They deserve the same job, the same opportunities and same respect. But each page has two sides. They should also offer the same responsibilities, ie. be able to take care of their own crap, not to expect everyone to do things for them, be able to pay for their expensise, split the check on the date, make sure that if they want to be treated as princesses, they treat their men as kings too ..

However, we have to understand that men and women are different. We each have different strengths and different weaknesses and we should not pretend that we are alike. We are not. We can do different things. But we can use our differences and create great cohabitation!

High five on that!!! Equal means equal, not just when it's advantageous!!! There isn't a bigger turn-off than 'princess syndrome' in my opinion.

Rant over, on to the small bit of contribution I have: Regarding padded bras, the padding in them isn't very stiff, as compared to elbow/shoulder armor. My thought is that if you wear a padded bra and buy your riding gear to fit over it, the bra will compress with very little force, essentially acting as an air gap when it comes time to, ahem, 'use' the jacket. We all know that a close-fit with your protective gear is a good thing in order to prevent the jacket from twisting around as you skate down the road at whatever speed. So my $0.02, skip the padded bra if it means you can go one jacket size smaller and fits you better.

Dear God! What kind of padded bras are you looking at?? :beer: It'd have to be some super-duper padding to require a larger jacket size!! :lol:

Dear God! What kind of padded bras are you looking at?? :beer: It'd have to be some super-duper padding to require a larger jacket size!! :lol:

Now be nice Shannon, not every woman is built like you... :unsure:

Sh!t, I just hopped on the perv wagon, didn't I. *sigh*

I just love this thread! :goofy:

(It may get me banned though)

While doing too many wheelies off the line on the zzr, my chest did have some bruising and extra issues.

I do not have an aftermarket protector and JR ladies jackets are not designed with drag racing in mind imho.

In the flip first impact was to the leg and hand, and spun like a turtle on my belly, though no rashing/injury then.

How about gettin a CE rated back protector and wearing your jacket backwards????

If/When you do, let me know and I'll book a Red Eye down to watch, Keely....... :wub:

Ding Dong

• Member Contributer

What a post!!

:goofy: But wait, really, I do have an idea on the absent chest protector thing...see, I made one a couple of years ago and it has worked fine (crash tested twice), is comfortable to wear, mainly it fits me and isn't overkill.

I took a 1/8" sheet of Lexan (unbreakable but slightly flexible plastic from Home Depot) and heated it slowly in an oven to 400 degrees, then using hot mitts, draped it over a chest shape I made up to resemble my scrawny pecs. It smoothed into shape and quickly set in the desired countour. I trimmed it with a saw and sandwiched it between some pieces of sleeping bag campgear foam and held it on to me with 2" stretch webbing and velcro.

I think any one could plaster their chest over a tee-shirt, and wearing the usual undergarments for riding, create a custom mold easily. I would consider it for track days or more serious fast riding where flying objects could really whaack you where the usual leathers don't have pro. I have heard that there are some important things in there under and around your breast bone, like your heart and stuff, not to mention the tender and aesthetic items we are blushing over.

Okay, I'm certifiable, but really it wasn't all that hard. I guess I could offer to help with the tricky molding and wet plaster part. <_<

Archived