tsmitty

• Member Contributer
12 minutes ago, Captain 80s said:

I would take another hit with that lighter

I was doing precisely that...

Bike-1389.jpg

• Haha 1

• Member Contributer

ok when I try to download jpg from my good camera I get an error 200 but downloads from my phone (jpgs as well) are just fine...grrr

• Member Contributer

Size likely.  Turn down the quality a bit.  I got tired of resizing for posting so I just adjusted my camera quality.  Still plenty big with good resolution if I happen to snap a killer pic I want to blow up.

• Member Contributer

Most forums have an auto-sizer built in. Not sure about the two VFR sites. From talking to others who run forums, it is an easy mod/upgrade for the moderator to make and all sites should have it on there to save time for...everyone. 🙂

• Member Contributer

Honestly I will try a new memory card in the camera. the file size is actually larger from iPhone pics.

going from: iphone .hec's to Lightroom Clasic exported to a local file as .jpg's 

Camera SD card as .jpg to lightroom then same. 

That camera also has a XQD card saving in tif. I'll put those pics thru Lightroom try posting them as jpg

• Member Contributer

ok take 2

Take 2 did not work. same error code 200...

Ok this is the same image, opened in iMac "preview" then I took a screen shot and this went thru...

image.thumb.png.d40246aae50a1af98f476a292ceb637c.png

WTF... I think its on my end..

• Member Contributer

Maybe put DOWN the lighter.  You want to work with the drugs, not against them.

• Haha 1

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Captain 80s said:

I would take another hit with that lighter, chill out with a finger of bourbon and look at my killer bike with it's new custom Volt Meter.

I've been trying your method all day...!

image.thumb.jpeg.54da3a8b8b50983be5dc541f96c8684d.jpeg

Little fucker's still white...

• Haha 1

• Member Contributer
19 minutes ago, tsmitty said:

Thanks so flippin much for your help mounting that thing up Captain! It does look bad ass.

🙃

I didnt really do anything, except to tell you to put down the hose clamp and back away slowly.. 

Like I said before, a unique and cool mod.  Good idea and execution.

• Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

Waiting for a couple terminals to come to make up the  wire harness.

Yup...not quite done, just in thinking mode.

I'm a retired old man...I don't need something to do, I need a problem to solve.

image.thumb.jpeg.eb958810420da1e229d82e8143ae8e90.jpeg

How do I make my volt meter face match the stock gauge set?????

The Honda Marine gauge has a alum. face with black then white paint applied.

The VFR gauges have clear plastic with a layer of white, then the orange lettering and slashes applied in separate blocks then the black is allied all on one side of the plastic.

How do I get those needles off the gauge mechanism and back on and timed correctly?

• Member Contributer

Find a miniatures enthusiast, you know the ones that paint faces and eyelashes on their Civil War or Railroad figurines, and have them paint over the graphics in orange.

Seriously is the ONLY thing I can think of for this particular scenario.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Can you take the gauge faces that you have removed from the VM and scan them and send the scans to a label maker to print off in black/orange?

There's also a number of suppliers of alternate gauge faces on the internet that might do the same work. 

• Member Contributer
40 minutes ago, Terry said:

Can you take the gauge faces that you have removed from the VM and scan them and send the scans to a label maker to print off in black/orange?

Thanks Terry, excellent idea. I will look into that.

I was just checking out little paint brushes too as the Captain suggested

Do they make a see thru masking tape...lay the tape down, cut out with a fine knife and spray???

• Member Contributer
26 minutes ago, tsmitty said:

I would still want to change the lettering color to orange.

Maybe the Volts are Metric and are supposed to be white, like km/h?

• Member Contributer

Or...

image.thumb.jpeg.0ed8415b98f605d82a0eda13e54e83a7.jpeg

Can I turn this into a volt meter? @Grum 

image.thumb.jpeg.19ec58c68bf9b3dda58959162c881222.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c95d98c3a98461239eb1a6db12c4734d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ae38e635df8f5b863ef5414ea1d43ab5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.32188d0bb4e7b497d0cdc663f9ed6e7f.jpeg

Black out the "Temp" color fill the danger zones and reassemble with original lens. escutcheon ring.

We have a member here that goes by Throttlepimp. His name is Kevin Sigler, he does graphic design and has been creating and fabbing gauge faces and decals for a long time. He's supplied all my decal and gauge face mods for my business and bike projects for almost 15yrs. Countless transactions with nothing but good results - including a set of gauge faces for a second gen VFR like yours to replace sun faded ones. 

He's not on here much, so shoot him an email at throttlepimp@gmail.com. Tell him you are a VFRD member, and that I sent you. He already has files and color match for your gauges saved from my project. Customizing a face for your voltmeter will be very easy for him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, SEBSPEED said:

We have a member here that goes by Throttlepimp. His name is Kevin Sigler, he does graphic design and has been creating and fabbing gauge faces and decals for a long time. He's supplied all my decal and gauge face mods for my business and bike projects for almost 15yrs. Countless transactions with nothing but good results - including a set of gauge faces for a second gen VFR like yours to replace sun faded ones. 

He's not on here much, so shoot him an email at throttlepimp@gmail.com. Tell him you are a VFRD member, and that I sent you. He already has files and color match for your gauges saved from my project. Customizing a face for your voltmeter will be very easy for him. 

SEBSPEED thank you so much! I am on it!

Whats the secret for removing the gauge hands?