• Member Contributer

not stock but this one has not 1 but 2 snorkels= ram air no? I mean yeah you have all that frame in the way, and fairings, but it almost kinda like ram air

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
6 minutes ago, 3dcycle said:

not stock but this one has not 1 but 2 snorkels= ram air no? I mean yeah you have all that frame in the way, and fairings, but it almost kinda like ram air

He has Dodge Ram.

Does that not count?

Thank you Jo,  I was just going to mention that.  150mph isn't going to add anything.  even if one was able to do backwards engineering for this to be able to take advantage of what say ram air gives,  It would be a whole new designed air box and probably different injection nozzles too. Now add a re route of the incoming flow here on a 5th gen,  that's a pipe dream that ain't happening,  Sorry.  Go get your H2 for that.  Other wise you are probably going to be around the 110hp mark on a good day, Just saying.  It's not rain,  you're just not doing anything that hasn't been done before. Now it's cool and all you're all about this re tune and all. Just SMH, you really don't have anything new.  like all have pointed out, no butt dyno can give you the feeling of 3-5 hp. Now running smoother yes,  but thats not about HPs    Now for the Dyno results if and when.     

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, 3dcycle said:

Finished up installing the Healtech gear indication, removed the o2 sensors and installed the o2 eliminator loaded the most aggressive PC 3 fuelmap for the Euro ECU G. I went for test ride this is the most powerful and fastest it's ever been wow is it fast, fast fast !!! Next when cam mount shows up I'll make a 0-155 mph video ?

Finished up installing the Healtech gear indication, removed the o2 sensors and installed the o2 eliminator loaded the most aggressive PC 3 fuelmap for the Euro ECU G. I went for test ride this is the most powerful and fastest it's ever been wow is it fast

Why are you installing o2 eliminators on an ecu that never had o2 sensors....

What exactly makes a fuel map aggressive?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

OP's going to make a 0-155 video in late November while claiming to live in a town with a population of 300 that has one road in it. In the middle of the Cascades. During the one of the wettest Novembers in recent memory. With a daytime high of under 40*.

• Member Contributer
14 minutes ago, Dustin said:

OP's going to make a 0-155 video in late November while claiming to live in a town with a population of 300 that has one road in it. In the middle of the Cascades. During the one of the wettest Novembers in recent memory. With a daytime high of under 40*.

Except I'm away working "on location" working a job ( you apparently left that part out !)  ?

• Member Contributer
48 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Why are you installing o2 eliminators on an ecu that never had o2 sensors....

What exactly makes a fuel map aggressive?

Remember I "reversed engineered"  this entire tune, I started at PoweCommander to see what fuel maps were available and noticed they had "Euro" fuel maps, with full exhaust systems after market air filter and o2 eliminator, so that's why I got ECU G from Germany.  

Here is the link maybe if you go look you'll understand better ?  

European model, Laser Duotech open slip on, no insert, Stock or aftermarket air filter, O2 eliminators installed
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommander_maps_installs_product_buy_options.aspx?mdlyrid=106-411&make=19&model=204&make-n=Honda&model-n=VFR 800&year=2001&mk=19&mdl=204&yr=836

Remember I "reversed engineered"  this entire tune, I started at PoweCommander to see what fuel maps were available and noticed they had "Euro" fuel maps, with full exhaust systems after market air filter and o2 eliminator, so that's why I got ECU G from Germany.  
Here is the link maybe if you go look you'll understand better  

European model, Laser Duotech open slip on, no insert, Stock or aftermarket air filter, O2 eliminators installed
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommander_maps_installs_product_buy_options.aspx?mdlyrid=106-411&make=19&model=204&make-n=Honda&model-n=VFR 800&year=2001&mk=19&mdl=204&yr=836

You don't have a full exhaust.

• Member Contributer
14 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

You don't have a full exhaust.

I have enough of a full exhaust to run that file and go fast fast fast ?

• Member Contributer
15 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Again why are you using o2 eliminators on an ECU that has no provisions for o2 sensors?

It's based on the fuel maps, this is a bit of a "renegade tune" where you " try and drive " based on what's available, this setup runs like a rocket you'll see when I make the video ?

• Member Contributer
19 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Again why are you using o2 eliminators on an ECU that has no provisions for o2 sensors?

That's a very good point if what I have is in fact a 98 ECU G , as purported here, but there's also a possibility it is not, it doesn't hurt to be sure , just in case ?

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Let me see if I got this right 98/99 ecu, 00/01 bike, power commander for 00/01 bike/ECU, tune for 00/01 bike. Great. Good job.

Just goes to show you that you never really anything know until you "try it", this particular tune definitely has never been done before ?

• Member Contributer
36 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Again so what makes a fuel tune aggressive?

If you analyze the Power Commander files you can see they have been sequenced starting with 100% stock to most aggressive fuel mappings, but not every fuek map will "send" to the Euro ECU G ?

• Member Contributer
49 minutes ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

Except I'm away working "on location" working a job ( you apparently left that part out !)  ?

You are certainly 'working a job', of that there's no doubt.

• Member Contributer
6 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

When you "analyze" these tunes, what exactly are you looking for, in terms of aggressiveness?

I run the bike from a dead stop to 155 mph paying particular attention to responsiveness and if it's being held back winding out through  3,4,5,6 gears ?

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, Dustin said:

You are certainly 'working a job', of that there's no doubt.

You're right it's been quite a bit of wrench time getting everything sorted out. Right now it's looking pretty darn good ! I've got all the possible performance work done that I can do on my own.Whats left is the DynoJet testing and custom tune, I predict it's over 110 whp and will be at least 115 whp after it's mapped. The Corbin seat should be back any day and the RDMOTO shorty levers should be here tomorrow. When Thurn MS returns the derby window I will go ahead and rebuild the clutch and install new Barnett carbon fiber or Kevlar clutch plates ?

I run the bike from a dead stop to 155 mph paying particular attention to responsiveness and if it's being held back winding out through  3,4,5,6 gears

Lol wow don't get too scientific there. Not like an actual afr or hp matters at all lol. I really need to stop entertaining this thread.

Archived