Joined The Ranks - Upgraded To A 7Th Gen!

marriedman

On Friday, I sold my 6th gen. We just didn't get along unfortunately. There was a lot to like about that bike, but in the department that meant the most there was just nothing there. Yesterday, I brought home my new girl!

post-25220-0-30192600-1411586692.jpg

Yeah, I know you guys know what they look like. You know what they sound, feel, etc... so I won't go on about what you already know. All I can say is that everything I have heard about the fit & finish of this bike is completely true. Now I will readily admit that we are still in the honeymoon phase and want to say that this is the greatest bike that has ever ridden the earth. I'll have to wait a few thousand miles before I pass that kind of judgement. But I do have one honest question...

All the negative reviews and opinions that I have read on the net and in magazine; did they ride the same bike I just bought? Granted, I figuratively stole this bike from the dealership... but it is an incredible bike!

I would like to thank the guys that replied to my other thread where I was asking about the 7th gen, it really did help sway my away from a few other bikes and stick with the VFR line.

• Member Contributer

Congrats, now do yourself a favour and get that seat to Sargent or replace it with the OEM seat from the 2012 or later models. The 2010 seat is hard and slippery as hell! If you like your bike half as much as I like mine you will be one happy VFR owner.

You got that right EhViffer! At first I was thinking the seat would be fine. Those guys on the forum are just pansies! About 80 miles into the ride, I was thinking how wise and sage those guys are on the forum really are.

Sure thing Dutchy! Your bars or ours?!

When I first sat on the VFR1200 at the cycle world show in 2010, there were so many people around it, it was hard to get a good look at it then.

Most of what I remember was that I couldn't get over how big the muffler was, and how wide it was.

Like you, now with some time, 6 months, and many miles on it, I realize how nice a bike it really is.

I like my '12. I've been riding now for 49 years, so many bikes have come and gone, and its easy to say, this is the nicest best bike I have ever had.

Now just need time to put that Ohlins back shock in, send the ECU out for reflash, and find a small backrest for a passenger.

(The seat on the '12 is ok with me) and yes the Corbin has the passenger backrest adaption, and I have grown to like the stock muffler, who would have known.

• Member Contributer

I just got back from my first time riding at night. Man, it really lights up the road! Well, that is until you start to lean. Especially on a highway 360 entrance loop. Am the only one?

If you mean the headlight doesn't cover the road while in a tight turn at night, yes I've noticed that. There is s a definite dark area right where you're looking through the turn. I sent a PM on another matter.

• Member Contributer

Fasty, on the dutch vfr forum there is a Belgium member called nopper

He does very nice custom upholstery.

So either join or pm me your email and I will pass it on.

he rides a vfr1200

• Member Contributer

As owner of a 5th and 6th Gen, I'm curious about the 2012 VFR1200 but I think price will keep me from owning one unless it's my only bike.

I'd like to ride a VFR1200 at some point.

I got mine for a song Mike. If you really want one, you just gotta keep looking and then haggle the shit out of them. I talked the dealer down an extra thousand from their already lowered price.

• Member Contributer

I also think the seat is slippy what is best replacement? Oem 2012or are there other options

If you just want to recover the seat, I had my Sargent seat recovered with a product the seat shop called 4 way stretch vinyl. It has a lot more give than the stock cover on the Sargent and it has enough stick to help keep you in place but still lets you move around on the seat. I think it is actually a marine grade seat vinyl.

Love the new bike MM and even though I mentioned it elsewhere (shhhhhh, the other place) the color on the bike is still amazing. May you enjoy it for many, many years to come.

• Member Contributer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sANLPfZ9BSY#t=5

Great stuff !

I also think the seat is slippy what is best replacement? Oem 2012or are there other options

If you just want to recover the seat, I had my Sargent seat recovered with a product the seat shop called 4 way stretch vinyl. It has a lot more give than the stock cover on the Sargent and it has enough stick to help keep you in place but still lets you move around on the seat. I think it is actually a marine grade seat vinyl.
Love the new bike MM and even though I mentioned it elsewhere (shhhhhh, the other place) the color on the bike is still amazing. May you enjoy it for many, many years to come.

Archived