Bit By The Dragon

Aimbot9000

Well it finally happened after 4 years and hundreds of miles the dragon got me. Happened at gravity cavity, rashed up the left side and broke the clutch lever. I bruised my ribs hurt my shoulder and broke a toe. Gonna try to pick her up from butler's Friday afternoon so no pics till then.

• Member Contributer

Well it finally happened after 4 years and hundreds of miles the dragon got me. Happened at gravity cavity, rashed up the left side and broke the clutch lever. I bruised my ribs hurt my shoulder and broke a toe. Gonna try to pick her up from butler's Friday afternoon so no pics till then.

Been there done that. Glad your not hurt to bad . Get back on as soon as you can .

• Member Contributer

Sorry to hear of your mishap. Sounds though as though you came through it relatively unscathed, which is good news. Hopefully you can get the bike back in shape and be back out there soon.

• Member Contributer

Glad you made it. I really don't think the Dragon is respected like it should be by the vast majority of people. Ride it enough times and you'll see some really ugly things on it.

• Member Contributer

Glad you and the bike are not seriously hurt... mend fully and quickly!

• Member Contributer

Glad you are okay. Parson's corner heading up the hill got me several years ago....hope you heal up soon.

• Member Contributer

So that was your yellow 2000 5th gen I saw parked at gravity cavity. The TN trooper was parked there waiting on the wrecker when I drove by and they told me at the store that you had been taken out by ambulance.

I took the ST1300 up to the dragon for tire testing Saturday and Sunday and saw a lot of incidents for the small number of participants. I did about 20 runs total and I was sliding the rear of the ST around a lot on the cool pavement. A cruiser rider lost it at the cavity on Saturday and was laying in the middle of the road with his bike. He looked hurt but was up and riding in 15 minutes so he fared a bit better.

Hope all works out well with you and your bike.

KEB

• Member Contributer

So that was your yellow 2000 5th gen I saw parked at gravity cavity. The TN trooper was parked there waiting on the wrecker when I drove by and they told me at the store that you had been taken out by ambulance.

I took the ST1300 up to the dragon for tire testing Saturday and Sunday and saw a lot of incidents for the small number of participants. I did about 20 runs total and I was sliding the rear of the ST around a lot on the cool pavement. A cruiser rider lost it at the cavity on Saturday and was laying in the middle of the road with his bike. He looked hurt but was up and riding in 15 minutes so he fared a bit better.

Hope all works out well with you and your bike.

KEB

The Saturday that had 4 wrecks ?

That's the damage, a new lever and she's good to go. Well maybe a Chinese skin graft. She'll be ready to ride before I'll be fit to lol.

post-27832-0-08717700-1454793420.jpgpost-27832-0-68326000-1454793454.jpgpost-27832-0-43086200-1454793469.jpg

The jacket is a bit shocking for speed of the crash

post-27832-0-97381000-1454794105.jpg

That was expected. This popping the length of the seam was not

post-27832-0-53965900-1454794270.jpg

• Member Contributer

That's the damage, a new lever and she's good to go. Well maybe a Chinese skin graft. She'll be ready to ride before I'll be fit to lol.

Those pics hurt my eyeballs.

Switch, you are one lucky dood geographically speaking.

• Member Contributer

Those pics hurt my eyeballs.

Switch, you are one lucky dood geographically speaking.

Thanks Terry ...

• Member Contributer

I bruised my ribs hurt my shoulder and broke a toe.

I'm glad you and the bike are (mostly) well. If you'll forgive a morbid curiosity: how did you break the toe? Was your foot just pinned under the bike? Might a different boot have helped or is this just how these things go?

• Member Contributer

Today will be a perfect day to ride the tail of the dragon and other roads as most people will be watching the super bowel...

• Member Contributer

Today will be a perfect day to ride the tail of the dragon and other roads as most people will be watching the super bowel...

I will let you know later . :goofy:

I bruised my ribs hurt my shoulder and broke a toe.

I'm glad you and the bike are (mostly) well. If you'll forgive a morbid curiosity: how did you break the toe? Was your foot just pinned under the bike? Might a different boot have helped or is this just how these things go?

A bigger toe box or a steel toe may have helped but I think the outcome would be similar regardless of what brand street riding boot I had.

• Member Contributer

attachicon.gifIMG_20160206_154711_hdr.jpg

That is surprising. My impression was that Rev It gets generally good reviews. I have their gloves - maybe I'll have to do some research.

Archived