Bit By The Dragon

Aimbot9000

• Member Contributer

I bruised my ribs hurt my shoulder and broke a toe.

I'm glad you and the bike are (mostly) well. If you'll forgive a morbid curiosity: how did you break the toe? Was your foot just pinned under the bike? Might a different boot have helped or is this just how these things go?

A bigger toe box or a steel toe may have helped but I think the outcome would be similar regardless of what brand street riding boot I had.

At the beginning riders course we were told that steel-toed boots had the potential of cutting off one's toes if it was bent too far in the wrong direction.

I bruised my ribs hurt my shoulder and broke a toe.

I'm glad you and the bike are (mostly) well. If you'll forgive a morbid curiosity: how did you break the toe? Was your foot just pinned under the bike? Might a different boot have helped or is this just how these things go?

A bigger toe box or a steel toe may have helped but I think the outcome would be similar regardless of what brand street riding boot I had.

At the beginning riders course we were told that steel-toed boots had the potential of cutting off one's toes if it was bent too far in the wrong direction.
While that is true I'd assume the force required to do that would crush your toes into goop anyway. The risk in that scenario being losing more of your foot to the cutting then you may have from the crush.

Its all academic tho because in a crash severe enough for that to be a concern you'll have bigger issues to worry about lol.

• Member Contributer

I thought I broke a toe one time and doc said it was just sprung, if that was sprung i would hate to have a broke toe.

I broke two toes when I was five years old. It did hurt, a lot. When the doctor set the bones back in place, I thought he was a mean man. Don't break your toes. :491:

Hey Aim, would you mind passing along what you think caused the crash? As a Health, Safety, Environmental Manager at a manufacturing plant, I conduct root cause analysis after an accident to drive effective corrective actions. If you wouldn't mind sharing what you think caused or contributed to your crash, we could all benefit from your perspective.

When we get a winter weather break (seasonally warm day) in E. Tennessee, there can be some unique hazards that don't exist during the normal riding season, such as dirty roads, cold roads, broken pavement, etc.

Thanks,
Scott L.

• Member Contributer

post-27832-0-53965900-1454794270.jpg

That's not good !!

Why I go leather only. Crash tested, dragon approved. Bit me last year.

Hey Aim, would you mind passing along what you think caused the crash? As a Health, Safety, Environmental Manager at a manufacturing plant, I conduct root cause analysis after an accident to drive effective corrective actions. If you wouldn't mind sharing what you think caused or contributed to your crash, we could all benefit from your perspective.

When we get a winter weather break (seasonally warm day) in E. Tennessee, there can be some unique hazards that don't exist during the normal riding season, such as dirty roads, cold roads, broken pavement, etc.

Thanks,

Scott L.

Would guess Kebrider's insight on cold roads would be near the top. There are microclimates in some areas where the road is colder than others with possible condensation as a result. Throw in some coolant / oil leaked by somebody and a small break in concentration / technique and you have the perfect storm. Glad you are OK and the bike isn't a wadded up mess.

Archived