Catastrophic Engine Failure at 17000 miles

Lecter

• Member Contributer

You joined 3 different forums in one day to post your story.  Credibility = not a lot.

I don't doubt your engine died but with people like you there always seems to be some sort of negligence background.  

My faith in this motorcycle remains unchanged.

11 minutes ago, swimmer said:

You joined 3 different forums in one day to post your story.  Credibility = not a lot.

I don't doubt your engine died but with people like you there always seems to be some sort of negligence background.  

+1

19 hours ago, swimmer said:

"People like you"

What the fuck is that meant to mean, internet wanker. 

You know nothing of this guy and he clearly stated it was serviced.

• Member Contributer
7 minutes ago, 750 said:

"People like you"

LOL...do we really need to resort to name calling just because we dont agree with another's opinion? Arent you just as gulity of what you are accusing someone else of??

SHAME! SHAME!! SHAME!!!

• Member Contributer
16 minutes ago, 750 said:

"People like you"

I think the push-back on "People like you" has some merit. It's true: we don't really know much at all about the OP, so it's hard to assess his motives or credibility. Maybe both are impeccable. Still, it seems that valid point could have been made without the gratuitous name-calling and vitriol. The internet is choc-a-block full of forums where people vent their private rages into the public square. The best version of VFRD is, I think, a classier joint than that.

On 6/3/2016 at 5:04 PM, Lecter said:

Hi all,

I am posting this as a heads up and warning to all owners of Honda VFR1200s

You can follow details of what was a potentially life threatening incident here:

http://vfrworld.com/forums/showthrea...e-at-17000-mil

Please be aware that these bikes are potentially very dangerous.

If you happen to get unlucky.

Best,

Lecter

i hope that we didn't scare you off, i would like to follow the outcome of this story,....without having to listen to badbilly over on vfrworld...lol....as they covered over on vfrw, there were some very early problems in Europe with some metal fragments in the engines.....what year is yours ??    please keep us posted here.....i hope that i can speak for others and express my regrets for the way that you were welcomed

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, 750 said:

"People like you"

I stand by what I said and don't say it without consideration.

I'm with Swimmer on this one. It's well known that the Internet is a Haven for whiners and complainers. Satisfied owners/users don't join multiple forumns in a day to say how pleased they are. When you have no history with The Forum it certainly dampens your credibility. It's the same reason many forumns make you have a minimum post count to use the Classifieds. That's the same "no post discrimination" and no one seems to be called a Wanker in that situation. It doesn't make Lecter a liar or any less welcome to VFRD,  but just like Swimmer -  a doomsday story from an unknown entity doesn't sway my confidence in the 1200 either. 

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, 750 said:

"People like you"

With this choice of words, consider a brexit here perphaps?

Changing from Johny to 750 clearly did not make things better.

Sorry to hear of your problem with the bike, Lecter. I have to say though, normally one would stop when the bike is making a "strange noise". Simply changing modes and continuing to ride while the noise gets worse is asking for trouble really.

Hope you get it sorted nonetheless. 

• Member Contributer

Using the leverage of "the 10,000+" members of VFRD are aware of this, so you Honda better be good to me??

What a change from Fotodadi who told us of his predicament (and gave us an insight into mc workshop, Lagos style....), looked like he was about to eat the frog.

With this non whining, members here were happy to step up and provide support, even with just a smile..

• Member Contributer

If they stick to the "Its out of warranty" line then I suppose I can try writing to Honda Japan and contact the MCIA arbitration service as well as making sure that this story gets a wide following on the internet and social media.

People like him...

(Any ambiguity in the above is entirely intentional!)

Ciao,

On 04/06/2016 at 9:48 PM, MackerVFRR said:

I'm with Swimmer on this one. It's well known that the Internet is a Haven for whiners and complainers. Satisfied owners/users don't join multiple forumns in a day to say how pleased they are. When you have no history with The Forum it certainly dampens your credibility. It's the same reason many forumns make you have a minimum post count to use the Classifieds. That's the same "no post discrimination" and no one seems to be called a Wanker in that situation. It doesn't make Lecter a liar or any less welcome to VFRD,  but just like Swimmer -  a doomsday story from an unknown entity doesn't sway my confidence in the 1200 either. 

Because posting 150 times does, in fact, give you some form of credibility. 

Don't be stupid.

Archived