Recall Update

lshark

what happened to the recall thread ??....anyway, i went to Motorcycle Mall in NJ today with my recall notice and they ordered my parts...he said they have two others already on order.....word is today 1/20/16, is the the early end of the expected release date range....so anytime soon....they have all my info and i'm waiting for a call from them in a week or two or so.....they offered free pick up and delivery to my house....i like that !!!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

there's a home page ???

Indeed. Not a page I usually use.

I just go straight to the "View New Content" button.

In fact I was considering asking for a 2nd button at the bottom of the page to save scrolling all the way back up to the top when I'm done reading a thread.

yeah, i have the 7th Gen page bookmarked, takes me straight here...i never see the home page....i go to the first Gen page once in a while to keep up on my Interceptor

• Member Contributer

I use the home page as my jump off point now. For awhile I was going straight to Seventh Gen section as well but there are all sorts of other interesting VFR related discussions going on I felt like I was not taking full advantage of the site. Recall on VFR 1200 front and center on the first page works for me.

• Member Contributer

Anyway, we've got this new thread that stays in the 7th gen so it would probably be good for people to post their repair experiences here. Anyone else can find the details of the recall in that other thread. I expect someone will be taking their bike in any day now.

In fact I was considering asking for a 2nd button at the bottom of the page to save scrolling all the way back up to the top when I'm done reading a thread.

Could just press the home button on your keyboard.

I still haven't taken delivery of my 1200 yet, I got bored of reading updates about this from the States etc and put a call in to Honda Chiswick. Sure enough they found my VIN is due the recall, parts are now on order and should be done beginning of February.

Apparently the process is to inspect the driveshaft, the service manager is getting granular detail from Honda themselves as I can imagine they won't replace unless it's showing signs of damage/wear.

I'll keep you updated as they're calling me back on Monday.

• Member Contributer

OP, could you edit the thread title to include "shaft drive" so that its easier for people to search for this specific recall info in the future?

Went down to the dealer last Saturday and ordered the part, they called today and said it was in so I'm going to drop the bike off tomorrow and have them repair it durning the week. I think I got lucky, only 5 day wait for the part. I'm going to try and take a picture of the kit for you guys if the service department lets me. I also posted this on the home page.

• Member Contributer

I'm picking my new to me VFR1200 today and the recall has not been done yet either. Guess I'll call the shop and get it set up. I believe all of the units are being recalled correct?

I thought there was a stop sale for any units not sold.

• Member Contributer

I'm picking my new to me VFR1200 today and the recall has not been done yet either. Guess I'll call the shop and get it set up. I believe all of the units are being recalled correct?

"new to me" means previously owned by someone else.

• Member Contributer

missed that

missed that

If thats the only thing you miss today then you are doing well....... :happy:

Here are a few pictures of the new shaft that will be installed next week, I took these at the dealership today. I can't compare old vs new so I don't know the differences.

post-23356-0-04916900-1453606945.jpg

post-23356-0-45364100-1453606963.jpg

post-23356-0-45324500-1453606984.jpg

post-23356-0-18395000-1453606908.jpg

Archived