Recall Update

lshark

Local dealer took my VIN and made an appointment for the next week. I took my bike in on the appointment date and 2,5 hr latter I drove my bike out.

:offtopic:

The dealer has a used 2010 (manual) for sale. I have a 2010 DCT.

When I got back the dealer offered me a one for one trade ...my DCT for his manual. His bike with 17 000km and my DCT 21 000km. :unsure2: :unsure2: :unsure2: Man that made me think long and hard.

-----------------------

Did the dealer mention his motive in the FD over F trade?

Back on topic, now that a number of shafts have swapped out.

Has anyone gotten a part # other than 06400-MGE-306?

There was a lot of talk about an interim fix, etc...

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually testroad a 2010 DCT before I bought the manual. Absolutely hated it, but liked the manual. To each their own, but the DCT was really clunky IMO. The manual transmission is still a bit lazy (its not a sport bike), but quite enjoyable. With the shaft recall a lot of the lash is removed

for those who may be buying a VFR1200 this is how you tell if the shaft recall has been done.....look at the steering head VIN number, if there is a round punch mark below the first digit of the #, the recall has been completed

post-23916-0-13808700-1460151944.jpg

Local dealer took my VIN and made an appointment for the next week. I took my bike in on the appointment date and 2,5 hr latter I drove my bike out.

:offtopic:

The dealer has a used 2010 (manual) for sale. I have a 2010 DCT.

When I got back the dealer offered me a one for one trade ...my DCT for his manual. His bike with 17 000km and my DCT 21 000km. :unsure2: :unsure2: :unsure2: Man that made me think long and hard.

-----------------------

Did the dealer mention his motive in the FD over F trade?

I think the manual has been sitting for a while and not selling. By taking the DCT it shows some turnover in his showroom.

Archived