Hard Saddle Bags For 5 Gen?

zx9vfr800

• Member Contributer

Aftermarket Givi and the brackets are still available. You can find them used many times on this forum, or on eBay or Craigslist.

Another option are the Corbin Beetle bags, but they are only available second hand. Not sure when they stopped making them but it has been several years now.

• Member Contributer

• Member Contributer

this jackass here with too much time on his hands converted a 5th gen to accept the 6th gen hard bags... :goofy:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/80091-hybrid-vfr-5th-gen-with-a-6th-gen-subframe/

• Member Contributer

I found a set of Givi's 41L E41NN with the PL257 side racks for $470 delivered on ebay. These are made specifically for fifth gens. They came by row boat from Italy. I already had the 257FZ MonoRack center parts.

They can take a lot of hard knocks, they are lockable which is great of you spend time on the road camping. I can haul two 12-bottle boxes and two six-packs of beer, or four bags of groceries or live out of them for five weeks, with just the side cases. With a 35L top box I can carry a lot of camping gear for a month-long trip. And they've never leaked.

• Member Contributer

I have a set of Givi E22's coming from Italy next week with Pl257 racks, I already have a Givi E55 top box, plenty of luggage combined with a tank bag and seat bag :wink:

• Member Contributer

If you ask nicely you can get Givi to send a "mixed set" of PLX® mounting brackets for the V35 hard bags with the hardware to fit a 5th Gen VFR.

I think it would look great with a V47 trunk.

If you live near Sparks, NV or Charlotte, NC you can drop by Givi and they will install them free.

• Member Contributer

I use Sw Motech quick release pannier frames that take under 1 minute to install and remove.

I fit to the frames givis new cases.

Awesome bit of kit. The new Style cases match the lines of the VFR.

I looked at all the other frames but Sw Motech stood out above the rest. They are not cheap though.

post-27793-0-76353700-1451213219.jpeg

post-27793-0-20354000-1451213231.jpeg

• Member Contributer

If you ask nicely you can get Givi to send a "mixed set" of PLX® mounting brackets for the V35 hard bags with the hardware to fit a 5th Gen VFR.

If you live near Sparks, NV or Charlotte, NC you can drop by Givi and they will install them free.

Well that tid bit of info would have been nice to know 8 months ago !!!!!!!! Where were you? (just harassing ya) I did this on my own using 6 gen mounts.

3 bags 1

• Member Contributer
Aftermarket Givi and the brackets are still available. You can find them used many times on this forum, or on eBay or Craigslist.

Another option are the Corbin Beetle bags, but they are only available second hand. Not sure when they stopped making them but it has been several years now.[/quote

Becareful on the Beeltes, great bags, great product but zero support from Corbin, no parts , spares , or even tech help from them. Bought a super clean set without brackets for my sons 5th gen, and Corbin was less then zero help, would not even send me a photo of the original mounting brackets for fabbing up a custom set.

• Member Contributer

Another option are the Corbin Beetle bags, but they are only available second hand. Not sure when they stopped making them but it has been several years now.[/quote

Becareful on the Beeltes, great bags, great product but zero support from Corbin, no parts , spares , or even tech help from them. Bought a super clean set without brackets for my sons 5th gen, and Corbin was less then zero help, would not even send me a photo of the original mounting brackets for fabbing up a custom set.

And that folks is why I will never ever buy a Corbin product. That's not the first time I have heard of them taking that attitude. Screw those guys.

• Member Contributer

I have a set of mounting brackets for a 5th gen if anybody is in need .

Do you think I could use them for the Beetle bags? , I honestly havnt a clue what the Corbins looked like.

Do you think I could use them for the Beetle bags? , I honestly havnt a clue what the Corbins looked like.
You are still welcome to come to Athens and take a look at my Beetle Bags and mounting brackets. Take pictures, measurements, etc.

• Member Contributer

I doubt they will work for the beetle bags as I recall they have a different setup to mount the bags .

• Member Contributer

So does anybody have a picture of the V35s on a 5th gen with factory unmodified plx brackets you describe above?

I am still running my 30 liter Hepco B bags on the SW motech racks.

• Member Contributer

You are still welcome to come to Athens and take a look at my Beetle Bags and mounting brackets. Take pictures, measurements, etc.

Just saw this sorry, that would be great. Thx

I've got a set of Hepco & Baker bags off my project bike that I need to get rid of. The rack is slightly tweaked but I think loosening the bolts and bending a couple of spots would set it right again. They're super nice but I can't use side cases because they're too wide for splitting.

Archived