A Question, As Its Iom (Isle Of Man) Tt Time

keny

Witch bike is (proberly) the most unlikely bike ever to give a TT win?

:lurk:

• Member Contributer

The Norton (with an Aprillia engine)

it sounds great, but no way Jose (or should that be Hamish?? :goofy: )

Runner up.....

The Enfield with a diesel engine!

VegterRoyalEnfield.jpg

Neither will Dutchy with his Moto Guzzi....

(it developped some problems after me hammering it round the IOM)

Early start on Mad Sunday to avoid the real nutters later in the day (it gets really crazy......)

post-8974-0-62203100-1433926207.jpg

Stopped for the photo and then hammered down at speed; let's just say that the Lemans' suspension is not top notch, but fun nevertheless..

post-8974-0-27097800-1433926276.jpg

Absolute last will be these 2.... she was flashing her front so the bike got mobbed....

Yes I have more pictures

And NO I will not be collecting a ban for posting....

post-8974-0-00266600-1433926350.jpg

I´m talking of a bike that has won a TT, but proberly should not have

Any bike that has won the TT would be (for it's day) very fast, good handling, and a rider with the balls. There's just no such thing as "probably shouldn't have" unless all other bikes dropped out, which has never happened. However you can get your answer by searching on-line for a list of all TT wins.

Well might be the language wall her, but I know the bike, just wounder if anyone can guess it....

Well, here it comes: Year is 1985, and class production bikes 751-1500cc

0622-02.jpg

Honda VF1000F2 Bold´or, big heavy (sport) touring bike agains GPZ900R:s (as hondas own VF1000R) and it won

VF1000F2_MannTT_1985_WinnerProduction_75

Who would have belived that

• Member Contributer

Well might be the language wall her, but I know the bike, just wounder if anyone can guess it....

Well, here it comes: Year is 1985, and class production bikes 751-1500cc

0622-02.jpg

Honda VF1000F2 Bold´or, big heavy (sport) touring bike agains GPZ900R:s (as hondas own VF1000R) and it won

Who would have belived that

Thanks for sharing!

Didn't know that story... and I've loved these Honda V4's since the '80s

When i was in Joey's paddock im 1999, he had, all lined up: RS125, RS250, RSV500, RC45 and CBR900rr.

the year AFTER I went, he used this

joey.jpg

Like I said, very fast, good handling, (for it's day) and a rider with the balls. Wins it every time, even to this day. Nothing out of the normal

Well, actually the bike is not that fast even it has a strong engine, has a long wheel base, a 18" front wheel and weights 277kg /610pounds whit the tank full of fuel.

The reason it won was it needed one fuel stop less thanks to the big 23liter fuel tank. Was ridden by Geoff Johnson by the way, not Joey Dunlop.

Hate to say it, but anything Guy Martin is riding... I love the guy (no pun intended) but he has the worst luck in the world it seems. He's most definitely the fastest rider to have never won a TT, IMO.

Hate to say it, but anything Guy Martin is riding... I love the guy (no pun intended) but he has the worst luck in the world it seems. He's most definitely the fastest rider to have never won a TT, IMO.

I agree 100%, Guy is sure the man that should get a win. Now this year a tech fail in first race, a then a bike that didnt want to start as a speeding penalty in the 600 race....he would have been on the podium in second if he had not got that penalty, but that you cant blame on the bike, can you

Martin's engine gave up after coming onto the pit lane in the 2nd 600 race leaving him with his first DNF of the week and after a radio TT commentator approached he was left with an apology to make to fans for saying "If I get my hands on the fucker who built that engine he will feel the back of my hand!"

• Member Contributer

Anyone see Guy jump on the Victory Zero TT bike and run a lap to qualify the bike since they lost their rider? The team had 1/2 hr to find a pilot to qualify and Guy was like, sure I'll give it go! Cold ride on a bike he has never ridden... an electric bike at that!

That's a good sport and a good guy willing to help out where he can even when he has no affiliation or obligation... I hope Guy wins a TT! I pull for him every race.

I'd sure would like to see him in a race once. But not in the near future as he once said that he will retire after that first victory, and who wants to see him retire?

I dont think he will retire if he wins, may for a season but then someone come whit a suggestion and he will be back. I recall I have read in a mag that 50% what he talks is Bu** S**t :goofy:

• Member Contributer

I'd sure would like to see him in a race once. But not in the near future as he once said that he will retire after that first victory, and who wants to see him retire?

I dont think he will retire if he wins, may for a season but then someone come whit a suggestion and he will be back. I recall I have read in a mag that 50% what he talsk is Bu** S**t :goofy:

... and the other 50% you can't understand!

I dont think he will retire if he wins, may for a season but then someone come whit a suggestion and he will be back. I recall I have read in a mag that 50% what he talks is Bu** S**t :goofy:

... and the other 50% you can't understand!

:laugh:

:fing02:

• Member Contributer

I'm surprised the new R1s aren't doing better at the TT...

• Member Contributer

I'm surprised the new R1s aren't doing better at the TT...

It's the reason Michael Dunlop bailed at the last minute and went with a different team. I think he was spoiled by the BMW's power from last year compared to everybody else.

Archived