Motogp Video Pass

V-FORE

• Member Contributer

Bought the video pass $110.00, what a bargin it averages to 6.14 a race :cheerleader: + all the other features, all previous races, qualifying...... I figured I have the lowest comcast package available and since I get my internet free I couldn't pass up the gift to myself!!! So I know what I will be doing at 11am tomorrow :wheel:

Looking forward to this years racing

• Member Contributer

Just hit the pay button myself. Peer pressure sucks. :beer:

Not as much as the US television providers and their lack of moto coverage!!

True, that's why I went OTA 6 months ago. Two months of satellite pays for a whole season of GP and WSBK, with beer money left over.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to pay to watch another season long coronation but this is looking like it could be very competitive.

The exchange rate's not particularly favourable for us, so it cost me UnZud$150. In the previous couple of seasons there was a TV company here called Sommet Sports that had picked up MotoGP and broadcast it free, but they are more or less bust now. And SkySports was $48/month, so all in all, $150 was OKish.

Runs OK here at 720, which I think is the maximum anyway?

I started paying for videopass back in 2013 and haven't regretted it once. I don't even care what it costs, consider there are between 15 and 20 sessions each race weekend it's cheap since I watch just about every session.

• Member Contributer

I have DSL with 1mbps download... pretty much any video is taxing.

Is that the best DSL speed available up there? You may do better with a 4G home modem?

720p looks like the highest res they stream at, AT&T just upgraded me to 18Mbps and it plays good.

I have DSL with 1mbps download... pretty much any video is taxing.

Is that the best DSL speed available up there? You may do better with a 4G home modem?

720p looks like the highest res they stream at, AT&T just upgraded me to 18Mbps and it plays good.

Best speed is about 5mbps, cost is about $30/mo. I am looking into using my phone as a 4G hotspot, but need to figure out total usage first. We're currently using about 3.5-4gb per month plus some WiFi usage at home. If I start streaming tv via hotspot I will need a LOT more.

I use my 4G Verizon as my only internet connection......the most I have used is 60 gigs in a month but I don't really stream much. Typically 10-15gigs. I still have the unlimited plan but if I didn't no way would I do what I do. Streaming HD video (720p) is about 2Gigs per hour.....

• Member Contributer

Seb, you are probably going to be better off upgrading your DSL and using your wifi more. I think you told me you use your 4G at home instead of your wifi because your connection is so slow.

• Member Contributer

A little late advice for folks having trouble streaming over DSL, etc... Unless you're in Yurp, the video is gonna end up crossing trans-continental Internet trunks and that causes a lot of latency, which slows down normal TCP/IP a LOT if there's any packet loss at all.

Last time I tried streaming MotoGP it had to cross TWO trans-continental trunks (latency of over three seconds) because I was in South Korea. But when I figured out how to force Media Player to negotiate a UDP stream things improved immensely.

• Member Contributer

My comcast wifi hotspot quit working for me about 5 minutes before the race....cell phone tethering is wonderful!!! Especially since it is free from work :fing02: I must say I am pretty blessed!

• Member Contributer

Question: If I'm not around to watch live, can the sessions be watched after the fact on my desktop? I hope to be riding 5 to 10 weeks this season. If I can't time-shift it I'd miss too many.

Question: If I'm not around to watch live, can the sessions be watched after the fact on my desktop? I hope to be riding 5 to 10 weeks this season. If I can't time-shift it I'd miss too many.

If you bought a full season pass, yes you can watch any race anytime.

• Member Contributer

In the video menu there's a 'no spoiler' option. I put a link to it on my desktop and it goes straight to the practice, qualifying and race videos without showing the huge titles on the main page telling you who won.

Added bonus is that it's easier to sort through than their usual mess of videos.

• Member Contributer

I took the GP plunge and it was worth it just for the Umbrella Girls! :491:

Dude, where are the umbrella girls, I missed them!

Edit: ahh, umm, ok, found the video. :491:

In the video menu there's a 'no spoiler' option. I put a link to it on my desktop and it goes straight to the practice, qualifying and race videos without showing the huge titles on the main page telling you who won.

Added bonus is that it's easier to sort through than their usual mess of videos.

The race shows up for replay about 90 minutes after the live broadcast from what I saw.

TBH, once you sub you can watch ANY race from 1992 onward, when all is said and done you have on-demand viewing of literally hundreds of race sessions :)

Archived