Hello From A New '14 Vfr Owner

I picked it up last night after many of a month of debate. Mine is serial number 101, 4/14 build date, deluxe, and of course it's white. This one had been sitting at the dealer for awhile, and for almost $4k off MSRP I couldn't resist.

I'm looking to add the matching panniers as well. Does anyone know of a vendor that offers them under MSRP?

My last bike was an '08 FZ6, and while it's a great machine the VFR is in every way an upgrade.

My buddy got a shot of me riding it home. The sound is unreal, and by far the most pleasant surprise.

post-32449-0-76027100-1427232682.jpg

With the old FZ, soon to be on the way to a good home.

post-32449-0-65381100-1427232201.jpg

A poor attempt at a long exposure shot that night.

post-32449-0-72379600-1427232335.jpg

• Member Contributer

Very nice bike--and welcome! I, for one, was happy to see Honda bring back the VFR 800 in North America. With one or two issues (see threads on corroded brake pistons) it's getting good reviews here and elsewhere.

I have to ask about your handle "mayoisthedevil." Is that a tip of the hat to our devilishly good founder and CEO HispanicSlammer (a.k.a. Miguel Mayo)?

• Member Contributer

You are so going to love that bike! Great in-motion shot. If you swap the exhaust, have him do the same with some video! Seems like there have been some threads about the white bags being on back order - not sure about getting a deal on them.

I rode one during the Oregon Trail rally last summer courtesy of Bart Madsen of Motorcycle USA. I love the look of the bike. I still think if they slapped inverted forks and either the 1200 motor or some new 1,000 cc V4 they would sell very well. The 800 is still a fine and reliable motor but is a bit dated. Since you got yours for well under list price, I think you did excellent.

From what I have read, yeah... you are going to wait a while for those panniers. And you most likely won't get them under MSRP. Check out the Givi V35. Good looking cases and bigger than the OEM for a pretty good price.

Thanks for the warm welcome. That's disappointing to hear about the pannier back order. I found a few sites listing them a few hundred under MSRP, but who knows if they're in stock.

"I have to ask about your handle "mayoisthedevil." Is that a tip of the hat to our devilishly good founder and CEO HispanicSlammer (a.k.a. Miguel Mayo)?"

Hahaha I actually had no idea about the forum founder's name. I just really really hate mayonnaise!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Welcome and nice to see someone with some photo skills.

Not sure why marriedman thinks you can't do under MSRP for the panniers. I got my set for hundreds off. I think y'all are kidding yourselves if you think anyplace actually keeps these in stock. Overwhelming likelihood is they're either gonna be drop-shipped from Honda or quickly relayed/re-labeled through the retailer from a Honda warehouse. Shop around at the likes of RonAyers.com, ServiceHonda.com, etc. AMA membership sweetens the deal at BikeBandit.com. Heck, pop the Honda part numbers into Google and see what comes up.

Archived