Thank You

JMS

• Member Contributer

Just a quick thank you to all who offered tremendous advice throughout the VFR upgrade process... from centerstand, to wheel bearrings, to 8-spoke rear... made the processes that much easier.

Jeff

post-29940-0-52653500-1415743146.jpg

post-29940-0-93083400-1415743156.jpg

post-29940-0-97186600-1415743170.jpg

post-29940-0-59539300-1415743185.jpg

post-29940-0-41895000-1415743199.jpg

post-29940-0-84606300-1415743212.jpg

• Member Contributer

Wow, and I thought I had a farkle fixation! Thats a good looking RWB. I love the 8 spoke wheel on there. I only powdercoated my stocker which looks better but still not as sexy as the 8 spoker. Cleaning? Alot thanks.

The RC46 decals look sharp on there too instead of the Interceptor graphic.

• Member Contributer

Thanks. I am curious in regards to the cleaning process, as I have yet to ride on the white wheels.... just hope it's not too bad.... Fortunately for me; it's not a daily rider.... if it was a daily rider, I would have put some serious thought into white.

• Member Contributer

Thats the nicest looking 6th gen ive seen yet. And sounds even better.

Almost, nearly, maybe, enough to persuade me to buy aftermarket cans for the viffer before everything else.

Cheers. (: aha.

Thanks Otaylor. Definitely a labor of love for me.

Almost, nearly, maybe, enough to persuade me to buy aftermarket cans for the viffer before everything else.

As silly as it sounds, do you prefer the noise whilst riding now? Or is it too loud?

I had an sv650s on a beowulf 400mm end can as my last bike. I rode it baffleless and the best thing about opening it up was the noise. With this vfr on standard cams, it sounds too quiet and boring (my dad followed me in my car and said he couldnt hear a thing when i opened up. He could only tell because i disappeared lol).

I dont want them to be too loud for touring though. In your opinion, would you reccomend those cans for that? (:

Muchly apreciated input before i spend £250 (: haha.

• Member Contributer

As silly as it sounds, do you prefer the noise whilst riding now? Or is it too loud?

I had an sv650s on a beowulf 400mm end can as my last bike. I rode it baffleless and the best thing about opening it up was the noise. With this vfr on standard cams, it sounds too quiet and boring (my dad followed me in my car and said he couldnt hear a thing when i opened up. He could only tell because i disappeared lol).

I dont want them to be too loud for touring though. In your opinion, would you reccomend those cans for that? (:

I do prefer the noise. Keep in mind that I chose not to install the baffles. With the baffles in, it is a much more subdued sound (manageable). I too found the stock exhaust quite boring, and felt it just didn't do the V4 justice. The noise on long trips can be a bit of a nuisance (I wear earplugs), but I'll choose the nuisance over the stock exhaust any day of the week! I do recommend the cans! You won't regret it!!! You can always run it with the baffles should you find it too loud.... but I have a feeling that once you hear it, the baffles will be forgotten!

I do prefer the noise. Keep in mind that I chose not to install the baffles. With the baffles in, it is a much more subdued sound (manageable). I too found the stock exhaust quite boring, and felt it just didn't do the V4 justice. The noise on long trips can be a bit of a nuisance (I wear earplugs), but I'll choose the nuisance over the stock exhaust any day of the week! I do recommend the cans! You won't regret it!!! You can always run it with the baffles should you find it too loud.... but I have a feeling that once you hear it, the baffles will be forgotten!

Ahh spot on.

The baffles soon got forgotten on the sv too

Cheers mate. Looks like youve just cost me £250 ;) haha.

Im sure itll be worth it :).

Thanks again.

• Member Contributer

Thanks. I am curious in regards to the cleaning process, as I have yet to ride on the white wheels.... just hope it's not too bad.... Fortunately for me; it's not a daily rider.... if it was a daily rider, I would have put some serious thought into white.

This is going to sound crazy, but I used to clean up the white wheels on my 86 VFR with...oven cleaner! I did this over a number of years and it was amazing at getting stains out. I was very careful where I applied it of course, and made sure to rinse everything down really well afterwards.

10/10 for making a good looking bike into a stunner! Some really nice detailing, without going over the top.

• Member Contributer

Nice job! Looks a bit different from the last time I saw it. When you planning on coming down so we can ride the So Cal area?

• Member Contributer

Nice job! Looks a bit different from the last time I saw it. When you planning on coming down so we can ride the So Cal area?

Hey there Duc! I'm ready to ride! Would definitely like to hit Mulholland and Malibu (PCH)... Get in some good riding along with some good food along the way. Maybe we can start planning a ride now for some time in the near future... provided the weather holds up... but I doubt So Cal gets a cold as it does up here....

I'm Game!

Beautiful bike..... Sounds great.... Making me jealous!!

07VFR_zps518d17df.jpg

Thanks RC51, however I am the one who is jealous! The RC51 is the next bike I have on my bucket list. Looks like you are well on your way with your 07 RWB. Looks nice! the 8-spoke rear is half the battle, as you probably already know!

• Member Contributer

Hey there Duc! I'm ready to ride! Would definitely like to hit Mulholland and Malibu (PCH)... Get in some good riding along with some good food along the way. Maybe we can start planning a ride now for some time in the near future... provided the weather holds up... but I doubt So Cal gets a cold as it does up here....
Believe it or not it can get quite cold down here (well for So Cal standards), even in Malibu. Went riding a few times in below freezing temps, 27F in one of the canyons. Angeles Crest Highyway takes you up in elevation and gets pretty cold too, that's where we get most of our "local" snow. Rode up there last winter in low to mid 30F temps. The bummer about Malibu in the winter, well anytime really, is the way to avoid all the traffic and law enforcement, is to go early, but that's when the temps are still pretty low particularly in the fall/winter time. Once it warms up everybody comes out of the wood work.

All that said, just be sure to bring some warm weather gear and you should be OK. I pretty much ride most weekends, at least one day out of the weekend for sure but sometimes two, if the wife has plans with her GFs then I'm usually good for both days. This weekend I'm going to the IMS show and maybe a little cruise down the coast but nothing big. I believe that me, Rogue and most likely a few others will be doing another go at something we call the fast 400 on Thanksgiving weekend, not 100% set in stone but high likelihood. I say pick a weekend and let's make a go for it, the details we can work out.

Cheers

• Member Contributer

Thanks RC51, however I am the one who is jealous! The RC51 is the next bike I have on my bucket list. Looks like you are well on your way with your 07 RWB. Looks nice! the 8-spoke rear is half the battle, as you probably already know!

Beautiful bike..... Sounds great.... Making me jealous!!

07VFR_zps518d17df.jpg

Thanks.... I did cheat a little bit tho. I am the 3rd owner of the bike. I bought it with 5100 miles on it. The original owner powder coated the wheels white and then added the 8 spoker, along with HID headlamps. I bought it and got the original rear 5 spoker like new sitting in a box (andwould get rid of it if someone is looking for a 5 spoke white rear wheel) I added the Staintune exhaust and a Rapidbike Race Module to it. Replaced a few small parts (mirrors and windscreen) and stripes due to scratches and that was about all it needed I am partial to the 8 spoke rear along with Staintune exhaust. Here is the 07's grandfather I bought back in 91 and still have.

90vfr_zpsa405f425.jpg

• Member Contributer

Believe it or not it can get quite cold down here (well for So Cal standards), even in Malibu. Went riding a few times in below freezing temps, 27F in one of the canyons. Angeles Crest Highyway takes you up in elevation and gets pretty cold too, that's where we get most of our "local" snow. Rode up there last winter in low to mid 30F temps. The bummer about Malibu in the winter, well anytime really, is the way to avoid all the traffic and law enforcement, is to go early, but that's when the temps are still pretty low particularly in the fall/winter time. Once it warms up everybody comes out of the wood work.

All that said, just be sure to bring some warm weather gear and you should be OK. I pretty much ride most weekends, at least one day out of the weekend for sure but sometimes two, if the wife has plans with her GFs then I'm usually good for both days. This weekend I'm going to the IMS show and maybe a little cruise down the coast but nothing big. I believe that me, Rogue and most likely a few others will be doing another go at something we call the fast 400 on Thanksgiving weekend, not 100% set in stone but high likelihood. I say pick a weekend and let's make a go for it, the details we can work out.

Cheers

Fast 400 sounds intriguing....

Archived