Vfr-Boss Stereo Engine

• Member Contributer

+1 ^^^^ Maybe it's a V8R . . . That thing should be at the Bonneville Salt Flats. I'd love to see a dyno chart on it.

• Member Contributer

That is sweet!!! I didn't see a radiator so I'm guessing it is a work in progress and he just couldn't resist firing it up...

• Member Contributer

I noted that it's tagged under "drag bike" category on the website, so maybe that's its intent. In that case I don't see why it uses an automotive style belt-driven alternator - once fired from the external source (he un-plugs it at the 31 second mark) it would just need to get down the 1/4 so it would seem an appropriate sized Li-ion battery could get that done. It would be interesting to know how the two engines are linked together.

• Member Contributer

I noted that it's tagged under "drag bike" category on the website, so maybe that's its intent. In that case I don't see why it uses an automotive style belt-driven alternator - once fired from the external source (he un-plugs it at the 31 second mark) it would just need to get down the 1/4 so it would seem an appropriate sized Li-ion battery could get that done. It would be interesting to know how the two engines are linked together.

Is that an alternator or a blower? I'm thinking forced induction

• Member Contributer

From the video...

Went over to this gents house to see this bike he's been building. The engine is built from two Honda VFR750 engines spliced together to form a V8 displacing ~1500cc, it runs on nitro and has a roots-type supercharger. During our visit he offered to fire it up for us. It sounds positively ferocious!

• Member Contributer

From the video...

Went over to this gents house to see this bike he's been building. The engine is built from two Honda VFR750 engines spliced together to form a V8 displacing ~1500cc, it runs on nitro and has a roots-type supercharger. During our visit he offered to fire it up for us. It sounds positively ferocious!

Thought so... didn't think it was an alternator

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Archived