New Member From The Uk

Guest fizzydx

Guest fizzydx

I'm a new member from the uk and would like to say hi to all forum members, i've been riding for a lot of years (34) lol, i've also owned a lot of bikes over the years but i won't bore you with the details.

Hi to everyone.

Her you go, the only one i've got at the moment, lol.

post-29750-0-63412300-1396383144.jpg

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum. I kept my first mc, a late 60's Honda 350 Scrambler, in our kitchen. No garage; rough neighborhood.

Beautiful machine you have there. Love the white!

• Member Contributer

I'm a new member from the uk and would like to say hi to all forum members, i've been riding for a lot of years (34) lol, i've also owned a lot of bikes over the years but i won't bore you with the details.

Hi to everyone.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140311_1926301.jpg

That is dam sweet !!!!!

I'm new as well. This forum has members from both sides of the pond and is such a good thing.

Of course you guys on that side get the best bikes! Now to qualify that statement you must understand that the guy stating this is not a big V-twin fan! Unfortunately what sells best here in the states are Harleys and Harley copies....so the rest of us suffer a little.

I hope the cruiser craze mellows out and the market gets back to real motorcycles with real performance our choices here will improve! :beer:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Hello sodaman!! :goofy:

Welcome to VFRD from across the North Sea :beer:

• Member Contributer

Hi Fizzy, welcome.

Whereabouts in the UK are you? There are quite a few UK members on the site. :beer:

I'd like to thank everyone for a warm welcome, i have been quite busy so haven't had a chance to visit the forum as often as i would like.

I've done about 1700 miles since i got the VFR about a month and a half ago, i'm absolutely loving it, pretty much the best all rounder i've ridden to date.

@Skids, i'm in the north east, Middlesbrough area.

• Member Contributer

Ah, unlikely we'll pass on the road in the near future then.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the warm welcome, not the living room, the dining room, it's safer there than in the shed or out the back.

Wow, we know who wears the pants in your family! Nice to see a change from ads reading "Motorcycle for Sale - Wife Forcing Sale..." to yours "Honey, bought the VFR; it's in the dining room. Have the kids wash up, head out to the shed and set the table for dinner. Any questions? Didn't think so..."

Just kidding, congrats. Beautiful bike. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Hi to everyone.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140311_1926301.jpg

Welcome! And feel free to bore us with details.

Welcome.

I had a VFR 800 in the white and black now got a VFR 1200. Definitely the best colour that it came in. But the white wheels are a pain to keep clean when used everyday in the uk weather. Where in the uk are you? I'm in the Beds/Herts area.

Welcome.

I had a VFR 800 in the white and black now got a VFR 1200. Definitely the best colour that it came in. But the white wheels are a pain to keep clean when used everyday in the uk weather. Where in the uk are you? I'm in the Beds/Herts area.

Welcome.

I had a VFR 800 in the white and black now got a VFR 1200. Definitely the best colour that it came in. But the white wheels are a pain to keep clean when used everyday in the uk weather. Where in the uk are you? I'm in the Beds/Herts area. Welcome.

Glad to see so many Brits joining up here, welcome Fizzydx. I assume you had a fizzy in your youth?

• Member Contributer

Welcome.

Welcome.

You can't be too far from me or RoystonRocket2 either.....you can probably guess where he's from.

Glad to see so many Brits joining up here, welcome Fizzydx. I assume you had a fizzy in your youth?

I did indeed have fizzy, FS1E-DX in yellow, i can still remember the reg number after 34 years.

• Member Contributer

I did indeed have fizzy, FS1E-DX in yellow, i can still remember the reg number after 34 years.

Sweeet.

All I could afford was a Honda SS50 (4-speed). Lying flat on the tank, I could get 32mph out of her!

Sweeet.

All I could afford was a Honda SS50 (4-speed). Lying flat on the tank, I could get 32mph out of her!

The fizzy only had 4 gears as well, 4 down, i remember the SS50, a four stroke with high level exhaust?

Archived