3Rd Annual Hog Tie 2014 Event Thread - September 12 - 14, 2014

Yokel

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I apologize for the late notice but I did make it back to STL about 4:00PM on Sunday. Picked up a straggler (on a Connie) on North Mo-19 from Granite City, IL. Mark didn't have a map of MO and forgot his reading glasses. I got him to over to Mo-32 at Bixby and he recognized where he was and indicated he could make it home from there.

Both my kids like Fireball, go figure must be an acquired taste. I'm more the American Honey type...

I'm also proud to say I got my butt kicked once again by a XR650 on Arkansas' roads... DutchInterceptor, thanks once again for an outstanding ride...

And a shout out to Yokel; you missed it buddy. Hope you had fun at that wedding and tool show...

Amen, Dutch makes that XR rock. Truly amazing.

Still looking for that fireball. Anybody see it?

OH, THERE IT IS!! :goofy:

1c664ad7-2d8e-4566-a44a-0732e0b8d6d6.jpg

Great picture btw, too bad the nickname ass is already taken. :tongue:

• Member Contributer

Well, I'll be down there, almost in the area, this weekend. We plan on doing Push Mountain Road and some of the other good stuff. It would have been nice to have been there last weekend but things just didn't work out.

We did meet Terry, aka Maxswell, aka Deerslayer, on his way down there from Minneapolis the weekend before Hog Tie. So it wasn't a total loss.

• Member Contributer

I'm very jealous and bummed I couldn't make it.... glad everyone had a good time!!!

Looking forward to the stories and pics...

• Member Contributer

Got home at 12:30 p.m. today. Long drive :sad: home. Those U-Hual trucks Suck! Had a Fabulous Time riding and hanging with y'all. I'd like to give a special shout-out to Howard and Peggy for the great hospitality on the way down, to GloryRacing for mounting my AGT's and providing wonderful leadership, thanks Mark, all the riders who hauled my bike back to the road after my mushroom-hunting (Warwoman's phrase) episode, and especially to Kyle for all his beyound-the-call-of-duty help in getting me and my machine on the road to home. You Rock Dude! And I can't leave out Lisa for the cool DeerSlayer tee shirt; wore it all the way home and got more than one "Cool shirt" comment on it. Thanks grrrrl. Hope you can ride with us next time.

Ark. is fabulous, Hog Tie participants even more fabulouser :wub: ! Can't wait to do (most) of it again.

Max

• Member Contributer

Wedding and a tool show?

No wonder Yokel skipped hog tie!

Ha, if only you knew... ;-)

IMTS, the International Manufacturing Technology Show and a wedding prevented me this year. :\ Sounds like a good ride!

• Member Contributer

Got home at 12:30 p.m. today. Long drive :sad: home. Those U-Hual trucks Suck! Had a Fabulous Time riding and hanging with y'all. I'd like to give a special shout-out to Howard and Peggy for the great hospitality on the way down, to GloryRacing for mounting my AGT's and providing wonderful leadership, thanks Mark, all the riders who hauled my bike back to the road after my mushroom-hunting (Warwoman's phrase) episode, and especially to Kyle for all his beyound-the-call-of-duty help in getting me and my machine on the road to home. You Rock Dude! And I can't leave out Lisa for the cool DeerSlayer tee shirt; wore it all the way home and got more than one "Cool shirt" comment on it. Thanks grrrrl. Hope you can ride with us next time.

Ark. is fabulous, Hog Tie participants even more fabulouser :wub: ! Can't wait to do (most) of it again.

Max

Say ain't so ,not that beautiful 5th gen .

• Member Contributer

Max

Glad to hear that you... aka Terry... aka Maxswell... aka The Deer Slayer... aka Sugar Booger(Yes, there is a story) are back home! And a big thanks to Kyle for making it happen!

• Member Contributer

Say ain't so ,not that beautiful 5th gen .

Hey Switch, I can say it's partially not true; I rode my 2000, Why-Too-Kay, down to AR, not Virginia .

While on the road out west in Aug., she tipped over in a parking lot (with the hard bags on) and broke the left-side turn signal. So I took the fairing off to repair it, did not get it finished, and left Virginia at home. THAT was a lucky part of that whole cluster-mess. She'll be at T-Mac next year - don't worry. :rolleyes:

And I think I can take some parts I have laying around and put the 2000 back on the road. May need a new paint job and a lot of time.

• Member Contributer

Max

Glad to hear that you... aka Terry... aka Maxswell... aka The Deer Slayer... aka Sugar Booger(Yes, there is a story) are back home! And a big thanks to Kyle for making it happen!

Sounds like there are a couple of stories to be told... Terry I'm glad your ok for the most part... as you well know, bikes can be fixed. I'm glad Kyle and the gang were there to assist... they're all a great bunch of folks!!!

• Member Contributer

Max

You're welcome! It was great to get to see you guys, even if I didn't get to ride (yes, I was a little jealous seeing everyone off on the Saturday morning ride. Lol). But you can bet I will be riding next year!

• Member Contributer

I will continue to build on the experience and we can completely discuss on the next visit! OR...we could start another thread! :comp13:

:beatdeadhorse:

• Member Contributer

Here are a few pics worthy of this year's ride.

IS THAT A CONNIE I SEE!!!??? Finally, someone with good taste :biggrin:

I talked him into buying it. It is black after all. :goofy:

Running North On Push Mountain. Footage From The Fred Cam.

Archived