3Rd Annual Hog Tie 2014 Event Thread - September 12 - 14, 2014

Yokel

• Member Contributer

Not a problem, we've never met, but I've read of your exploits. :beer:

And there's room if anyone else is headed through here.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

If only this wasnt so far away.... :angry:

So Far Away is a Dire Straights song. There is no such thing for VFRs. It is a sports/TOURING machine after all. And besides, you're just a PUP. Should be no problem for you.

I am really thinkin hard about this . i just might show up .

Do It Switch. We'll be inspired by your abilities and you will be inspired by the challenging roads.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Update-

I have a friend who has decided to have his wedding the weekend before this ride, and I cannot miss his wedding and don't have the vacation available to make it work. I decided a while ago to not try to change the dates since we're already so close to the ride.

A few members will be handling all the logistics of the ride and I'll continue to do whatever coordinating I can. I hope you all have a good time, and I'm sick I'm not going to make it.

Damn dude!!!

Sorry you now have conflicting dates and will not be able to make it.

If you won't reconsider changing the date...then you need to plan your own fall trip back to the beautiful roads of Arkansas.

• Member Contributer

It's the lack of vacation time that's killing it for me, Mark.

Rush- There's a few folks coming that had to book vacation time 6+ months out for this... not fair to them to change it for my whims! You guys will have a blast, I know.

Of course, you could always road trip to Colorado. Good scenery and beer that proves the existence of the almighty. ;-)

• Member Contributer

Okay, just a slight semi-derailment: I can't make it down for the Hog Tie but I will be down in the area the weekend after. Will there be some of the routes you guys are riding posted anywhere?

My step-son rides a Harley Street Glide and I'm working hard to get my '86 FJ1200 up and running in time to take it down to southern Missouri/northern Arkansas with my VFR. I'll be hauling them down in our toyhauler and my wife and I will be staying up south of Branson on Table Rock Lake. He's riding down and we plan on doing some road time with him on the FJ and me on the VFR. We plan on taking a looong route down to Mountain View, motel it there, and do some of the great roads in the area the next day.

So I was wondering if you guys were going to post some of the routes you're doing during Hog Tie. If this way too far off topic just say so and I'll post this on another thread. TIA.

• Member Contributer

Okay, just a slight semi-derailment: I can't make it down for the Hog Tie but I will be down in the area the weekend after. Will there be some of the routes you guys are riding posted anywhere?

My step-son rides a Harley Street Glide and I'm working hard to get my '86 FJ1200 up and running in time to take it down to southern Missouri/northern Arkansas with my VFR. I'll be hauling them down in our toyhauler and my wife and I will be staying up south of Branson on Table Rock Lake. He's riding down and we plan on doing some road time with him on the FJ and me on the VFR. We plan on taking a looong route down to Mountain View, motel it there, and do some of the great roads in the area the next day.

So I was wondering if you guys were going to post some of the routes you're doing during Hog Tie. If this way too far off topic just say so and I'll post this on another thread. TIA.

I haven't led a ride in the area but I'm sure there are a few folks that could offer some great roads and link them in nice routes...

I can tell you that 160 across southern Missouri is a very nice road... especially the part outside of Branson heading East through Mark Twain National Forest. Taking 125 South from 160 will take you to the Bull Shoals ferry... continuing on 125 to 14 West to 7 South will bring you into Harrison then Dog Patch ("The Hub") and your in the area...

...or you could stay on 125 South after the ferry to 14 East until you hit... wait for it... Push Mountain Road!!! (341) then you're almost in mountain Home in time for lunch :)

• Member Contributer

Most of the roads are secret roads only for Hog Tie attendees...

Oooops... did I let out some of the secrets?!?

• Member Contributer

Most of the roads are secret roads only for Hog Tie attendees...

Oooops... did I let out some of the secrets?!?

I'm sure those were just code numbers you gave out...

Archived