Something Old, Something New, Something Blue

Dutchy

• Member Contributer

Last year I kinda really messed up my CF hugger.

Loose hand dremelling and using a marker pen too liberally, to "improve" the looks...

Turned out to be a bit of a bleeeeech.....

hugger.jpg

So what to do with a 12yr old CF hugger??  Chuck it???

Naaah. I am Dutch remember!?!  (more frugal that a Scotsman believe you me..... :wacko: ).

Got something new and got that Dremel out one more time!

IMAG2709.jpg

Add to something blue!!!

IMAG2715.jpg

IMAG2716.jpg

post-8974-0-36717700-1394294990.jpg

post-8974-0-29679900-1394294992.jpg

post-8974-0-16292700-1394294994.jpg

post-8974-0-62728700-1394294996.jpg

• Member Contributer

Nicely done-looks like it came out of the box that way.

Dutchy, did you ever get your electrics sorted out? I'm having a bit of and issue with my carbs-gotta love old bikes!

• Member Contributer

Cheers :beer:

Well, I am waiting for my Texan mule :goofy: to bring over a 5th Gen mosfet RR+VFRness to hook it up to my 4th gen....

With my mallet finger (seeing a surgeon next week), I cannot go for rides anyway....

Touch wood for my carbs......... Never been touched (they were checked for synchronisation at 40k miles and they were still ok)

Once a year I chuck in some Berryman B-12 (ya gotta love AF base stores located here in EU) for good measure.

Am sure if you start a topic and describe your woes, VFRD will come to the rescue!

• Member Contributer

Cheers :beer:

Well, I am waiting for my Texan mule :goofy: to bring over a 5th Gen mosfet RR+VFRness to hook it up to my 4th gen....

With my mallet finger (seeing a surgeon next week), I cannot go for rides anyway....

Touch wood for my carbs......... Never been touched (they were checked for synchronisation at 40k miles and they were still ok)

Once a year I chuck in some Berryman B-12 (ya gotta love AF base stores located here in EU) for good measure.

Am sure if you start a topic and describe your woes, VFRD will come to the rescue!

He left for europe 2 days ago ....

• Member Contributer

Indeed, they hold the Scotoiler tube.

There is now more "space" so I got to clean the swingarm area properly...

post-8974-0-45450300-1394365320.jpg

• Member Contributer

Isn't that the RC46 "VFR" font? :unsure:

Ciao,

Possibly...... these were the only "VFR" ones I could find....

Dutch more frugal than Scotsmen??

I doubt it...... Maybe a tie at best....... :rolleyes:

My Dutch born co-worker did usually come into work with the most thread bare shirts one can imagine. He said that as long as it still had all its buttons he will not throw them away......

BTW, nice hugger chainguard there, Dutchy! It should have been made that way from the start!

• Member Contributer

Here are some of the various VFR fonts used over the years. I think there used to be a full VFR-style font set available? I probably downloaded it from here!

I made my Harris carbon fibre 5th-gen hugger into a "stubby" version after it kinda impacted on my underseats... :unsure: Keeps the muck off the shock, anyway...

Ciao,

Archived