6Th Gen Side Cases On A 4Th Gen

panamawing

• Member Contributer

It's been done. I remember this posted from a while back. Note the exhaust though . . . obviously not plug and play.

There are more images in the member's gallery (kevwar) - but it doesn't look like he's posted for over a year. Might try a PM . . .

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/gallery/album/5337-94-vfr-mods/

gallery_19563_5337_107868.jpg

gallery_19563_5337_13174.jpg

Doesn't it look great? I thought it was the best looking combo for bags on a 4th gen. Once I added a high mount exhaust though, been wondering how I could find someone to make this work.

• Member Contributer

That's what I thought too - this is a great combo - they look like they were made for it. Whoever fabricated this whole thing did a great job. I can't remember any mention being made of the cases being custom painted - if the bags are a standard 6th gen color, it's a great match. Then again, given that the NACA's are painted body color, maybe all the plastic as well as cases were painted. It might be possible to do something like this with a low mount exhaust if the bags were moved up a bit and maybe tilted forward - it would take some experimentation for fitment and to see how it looks.

• Member Contributer

That's hot!!!! :beer:

My son is beginning to show interest in riding with me (to Scotland) so I have started looking at luggage options...

• Member Contributer

super, it is possible then! was thinking I was crazy for even thinking about it, well more crazy than usual...........

• Member Contributer

It's even possible to put an entire 6th gen tail and exhaust on a 4th gen. :fing02:

Lol. Think I just ride her stock for the time being. Still riding the crap out of the 06 daily.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Right..........

and so the game begins.......... :beer:

Scored a set of -black- 6th gen cases and mounting hardware!

Barely a scratch on them. All in all, Eur 190

Hoping my PM to kevwar makes it, keen to see what is under the seat/side panels in terms of what was doen to make them fit.

Will have to be a bit creative with regards to my Akrapovic hi-mount...

Right..........

190 Euro for that si a damn good price. Marktplaats?

• Member Contributer

Marktplaats for the hardware (some want 100 euro, some want 50, I paid 40...)

My local dealer for the cases (150 a pair)

Right..........

Hoping my PM to kevwar makes it, keen to see what is under the seat/side panels in terms of what was doen to make them fit.

You might also try his email address that is on his profile page: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/user/19563-kevwar/

• Member Contributer

Right..........

GO Dutchy!

I will be intently watching your progress! I have the stock low mount exhaust though. Not in a hurry, 06 6th gen still in my garage, but when the right buyer comes along, I guess the bags and brackets will not be included!

My son is beginning to show interest in riding with me (to Scotland) so I have started looking at luggage options...

Huh???..Scotland??!..... :huh:

I guess a bit of haggis might be exciting to try,...... but....how will two wild Dutchmen enjoy themselves in such a conservative and uber frugal land like Scotland??.. :huh::rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

Or . . . there's always the possibility of a dual under-tail exhaust set up. I'm pretty sure there's someone on here that's the expert on that subject. :wink: This should be really interesting - looking forward to some pics!

Also - looking closely at Kevwar's setup, he's also get the Corbin smuggler seat/cowl combo. I knew they made them for the 5th gen and occasionally they'll come up for sale - but I don't ever recall having seen one for a 4th gen.

• Member Contributer

Huh???..Scotland??!..... :huh:

I guess a bit of haggis might be exciting to try,...... but....how will two wild Dutchmen enjoy themselves in such a conservative and uber frugal land like Scotland??.. :huh::rolleyes:

Last year I took my family to Scotland for their 1st time. I have lived almost 4 years in Alba...

My son *lived* the place! Toook them for a scenic tour and sitting at the water's end at Loch Etive he sighed and said it was the most beautifull thing he'd ever seen... (ok he was 12 at that time :-))

He did like haggis (he had some with his full fry up breakfast including Stornoway blasck pudding), that is until he learned later what it is made off(al).......

As for frugal, the Dutch are worse than the Scots....

or a single underseat exaust like some cbr1000rr have.... that would look goooood :goofy:

Steady boys............. :goofy: I just recalled how much I paid for the Akra...........

Now for the -not so much- money shots!

There are some small, neigh on invisible scratch marks and the insides look brand new. There even was the user handbook (in French, German, Dutch) and both plastic fairing cover plates that are removed when the rack is installed. And 3 keys.

post-8974-0-30227700-1371630620.jpg

post-8974-0-79893100-1371630723.jpg

Held the rack to the bodywork and as expected, it will need some engineering.... Here's hoping kevwar reads his PM and can provide some close up details..

post-8974-0-36140300-1371630469.jpg

cleared a shelve to make room for the cases :cheerleader:

post-8974-0-95434000-1371630435.jpg

• Member Contributer

Unfortunately no response from the member who did this earleir.

so before I start reinventing the wheel, is there ANYONE else who did this???

The weather is abysmal and I got no garage, so no progress anyway.

Bought some aluminium strips to figure out what shape brackets I need.

A friend of mine can then make it in (stainless) steel.

Alternatively......

post-8974-0-40869900-1371977841.jpg

Archived