I Know A Guy, Who Paints . . .

choco

So as 65,000 miles was about to roll up on my odo, I dropped my 2004 VFR in my driveway. It broke a few chunks out of the fairing, DOH! I've managed to accumlate a few dings and scratches prior to that so I thought about a paint job. I phoned around and found a guy who I refer to as Jack the Paint Guy. I thought I'd save a few bucks by doing the body work myself and went to the paint store Jack recommended. I asked the guys behind the counter about Jack because I don't know him. They said he's very good and has been doing body and paint work for over 30 years. I went ahead and bought the stuff Jack recommended and then fooled around a bit with my fairing at home and decided to let Jack fix the body work as well as paint it. To sum up, he did a terrific job, you can't even tell where the body work was done, and the paint was perfect and he charged me . . . wait for it . . . $200. I gave him $280 and he said later he took his wife out to dinner and a movie with the tip. He really appreciated the fact that I appreciated his work and his price. I paid in cash as he wanted an we're both very happy. She looks new again now. I also put new handlebar grips on and a darker smoke Zero Gravity windshield on and she looks awesome if I say so myself.

In case you're interested, Jack's number is 425-765-2737. He's works out of his garage in Cottage Lake, that's about 5 miles east of Woodinville, WA.

Tell Jack, Lee from Duvall sent you. He worked on three projects, a sedan, a Corvette and my Interceptor all at about the same time and we were all Lee, so he remembers my as Lee with the Interceptor. Tell him I sent you.

• Member Contributer

BMW bikes are 'Beemers' - cars are 'Bimmers.' I have no idea why, but that is the accepted nomenclature. Useless information, for sure.

• Member Contributer

Instead of giving him that extra $80, you should have used it to buy a camera so you can POST SOME PICS lol

• Member Contributer

Wow LEE... First i never picked you for a driveway drop... Second this crowd is in a frenzy for some foto's....

Did you paint it asphalt again?

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

BMW bikes are 'Beemers' - cars are 'Bimmers.' I have no idea why, but that is the accepted nomenclature. Useless information, for sure.

it isn't useless when you hear some arrogant AH refer to his car as a Beemer...........you look at him and say "the bike is a Beemer........the car is a Bimmer" ! Then glance at his GF, roll your eyes and smile. The AH is puzzled.............the GF is curious about a few things. Priceless information, for sure :cool:

• Member Contributer

Take your time, it's only been like a month and a half. We are patient people. Just kidding man (about the patient part). :goofy:

Chuck

• 3 weeks later...

I agree on the tough crowd part... but I'm just picking this back up again and still... no pictures? I found this special little corner of our wonderful forum as I do live in the Pacific Northwest - Seattle, actually. And wouldn't you know, I am actually looking to get my bike painted as well! But... how can I trust Jack the Painter if there's no proof he painted anything?

Still, I love the replies... too funny!

Archived