Huntinggunns 2012 Build Thread

• Member Contributer

The FZ1 fuseblock is a 30 amp electrical distribution box. You can run 6 constant or 6 switched circuits that are fused inside the box. However, like any other circuit there should be a main fuse in-line to protect if the relay shorts or anything else. What you have circled is the 30 amp main fuse between the battery and the FZ1 block. You can install the fuse closer to the battery if you want, this was just a convenient place I found to install it. Red is battery +, black is battery -, and yellow is the trigger wire for the relay ran to the OE switched power port under the left hand mid fairing.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The FZ1 fuseblock is a 30 amp electrical distribution box. You can run 6 constant or 6 switched circuits that are fused inside the box. However, like any other circuit there should be a main fuse in-line to protect if the relay shorts or anything else. What you have circled is the 30 amp main fuse between the battery and the FZ1 block. You can install the fuse closer to the battery if you want, this was just a convenient place I found to install it. Red is battery +, black is battery -, and yellow is the trigger wire for the relay ran to the OE switched power port under the left hand mid fairing.

Yeah I installed one last night. the same fuse block with their installation kit. Just had a different line fuse hence the confusion.

• Member Contributer

Yeah I installed one last night. the same fuse block with their installation kit. Just had a different line fuse hence the confusion.

It is an outstanding unit Charles, I really like them for the size and also having the relay built in. I made my own main harness so I could custom fit it like I wanted and use a waterproof main fuse holder.

• 3 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Getting a little servicing done while the weather is crap. Oil, filter, and rear differential fluid changed. Just got the revised pair plates installed that I got from Justin at powderkeg racing. They fit perfect. I also loaded a new map in the PCV that a fellow member provided after he had some dyno work done. It is a different bike now. Even after installing the PCV she was still a little jerky at low speeds. Now I can almost idle through the parking lot and not get bucked off. The low speed on/off throttle transition is also gone. I can actually hold 30 mph and not feel like I am riding a bull. :wheel: Now to wash and wax when the weather straightens up a little and she is ready to go.

post-23180-0-81060300-1391120515.jpg

post-23180-0-54961700-1391120590.jpg

• Member Contributer

It is an outstanding unit Charles, I really like them for the size and also having the relay built in. I made my own main harness so I could custom fit it like I wanted and use a waterproof main fuse holder.

Source?

(and what happened with the 4th gen?)

• Member Contributer

The FZ1 fuseblock is a 30 amp electrical distribution box. You can run 6 constant or 6 switched circuits that are fused inside the box. However, like any other circuit there should be a main fuse in-line to protect if the relay shorts or anything else. What you have circled is the 30 amp main fuse between the battery and the FZ1 block. You can install the fuse closer to the battery if you want, this was just a convenient place I found to install it. Red is battery +, black is battery -, and yellow is the trigger wire for the relay ran to the OE switched power port under the left hand mid fairing.

Source? 

(and what happened with the 4th gen?)

I ordered the unit off their web site. I promise I will get the 4th gen from under the cover and post her up soon. Got to give credit to a great forum member for help on that one lol.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

...Just got the revised pair plates installed that I got from Justin at powderkeg racing. They fit perfect...

I looked at the powderkeg racing's website, the plates you bought are for the VTR1000, right?

how much difference do the pair blocking plates make ?? i already have Z bomb, Zfi remap, K&N and Akro and it runs great....is it worth it ??

• Member Contributer

Arrow,

I did initially get the plates for the VTR1k but do not order those. Justin did not change the design on them. He is making a kit that has the front plate which has not changed for many years and the 2 back plates that he has revised to fir the 1200. Hopefully he will have it all set up and posted on the site soon.

Ishark,

The pair mod really does nothing for performance. All it does it keep the system from dumping air into the exhaust. Some people will hear a popping on decel when the pair system is active, depending on which exhaust they are using. Also, if you plan to run an Auto tune module or have the bike custom mapped you will have to block the system. It will also remove a bit of crap from the engine which makes it a tad bit easier when servicing. Other than that, no gain.

And to pass emissions in certain states ..

...by helping the cat do its job. You don't have to have a pair system to pass an emissions test. All that matters is what's coming out the exhaust, although they do generally check for physical presence of a cat if there's supposed to be one there.

• Member Contributer

...by helping the cat do its job. You don't have to have a pair system to pass an emissions test. All that matters is what's coming out the exhaust, although they do generally check for physical presence of a cat if there's supposed to be one there.

I think In Cali they check to see if it's working, mite be wrong but I remember a member writing about the emission nazi's checking the proper operation of it . Don't know how they do it unless they use some sort exhaust gas analyzer ..

I think In Cali they check to see if it's working, mite be wrong but I remember a member writing about the emission nazi's checking the proper operation of it . Don't know how they do it unless they use some sort exhaust gas analyzer ..

It mostly comes down to the exhaust analyzer. They do generally check for physical presence of a catalyst on vehicles so equipped. They may also check for engine diagnostic trouble codes, as well as checking "monitor status" to make sure you didn't recently clear any codes that might throw up a red flag. Beyond that, I don't believe any states check functionality of any emission sub-systems like EGR, or air injection, but rather let the tailpipe sniffer be the final word. I would be very surprised to hear of any states that go beyond that. Although where Cali is concerned, I suppose nothing should surprise me.

• Member Contributer

It mostly comes down to the exhaust analyzer. They do generally check for physical presence of a catalyst on vehicles so equipped. They may also check for engine diagnostic trouble codes, as well as checking "monitor status" to make sure you didn't recently clear any codes that might throw up a red flag. Beyond that, I don't believe any states check functionality of any emission sub-systems like EGR, or air injection, but rather let the tailpipe sniffer be the final word. I would be very surprised to hear of any states that go beyond that. Although where Cali is concerned, I suppose nothing should surprise me.

Dont know if they still check for the PAIR valve or not. I have read some stuff in others sites where guys had swap motors left it off and I guess they know by the serial number of the motor its be change, they left it off and Cali emissions station caught it . Now the fix was to install it and re submit it for emissions testing and as long as it passed you were ok. I think I read you have 3 tries to pass.

• Member Contributer

Actually, here in Cali they don't check anything at all. All you need is the title and a bill of sale. There are no Motorcycle inspections at all that I know of. :cool:

• Member Contributer

Actually, here in Cali they don't check anything at all. All you need is the title and a bill of sale. There are no Motorcycle inspections at all that I know of. :cool:

Now we know but certain county's and cities do .

http://www.dmv.org/ca-california/smog-check.php#Required-Smog-Inspections

• Member Contributer

Switch, that only applies to Cars/Trucks, not Motorcycles... We don't have safety inspections either... About the only good thing still left in Kali, Oh yeah, we can split lanes too. :goofy:

NJ ended motorcycle inspection a few years ago., i live in NY now and their inspection is hi/low beam, horn, brake light and turn signal...c u next year

• Member Contributer

Switch, that only applies to Cars/Trucks, not Motorcycles... We don't have safety inspections either... About the only good thing still left in Kali, Oh yeah, we can split lanes too. :goofy:

10-4

About the only good thing still left in Kali, Oh yeah, we can split lanes too. :goofy:

I thought I had read somewhere that lane splitting was technically not legal in Cali, but the CHP website actually gives safety tips for doing so. Lucky bastages.

Archived